Dear Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by WashU-Horn, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

can she still vote?

2. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Does Brett Kavanaugh have a brother on the bench? Asking for a friend.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Darth Bader 2.0, “participating” in SCOTUS rulings from home whilst popping pain pills

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I know that vid is a joke BUT the question of pain meds, which I am hope she when she needs.
    But being on pain meds does change anyone's connection to reality.

5. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Maybe if this is the case she will rule intelligently.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Ginsburg is clearly singing the blues and would probably have already retired if a Democrat was in the White House. It's going to be a struggle for her to survive Trump's term, and if Trump is reelected, not only does her seat flip, Breyer's seat goes into play. Of course, if a Democrat wins in 2024, Thomas and Alito will be at risk of flipping.

7. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

so is there any precedent for removing a SCOTUS judge that can't participate in person for court activities? It's one thing to need a couple of weeks to recover but if she's going to be homebound for the next 12 months, can she be removed even if she doesn't resign?

8. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

Not that any intelligent person needing help to understand there is a left SCOTUS and a right SCOTUS (contrary to Roberts claim)...but a desperate attempt for RGB to remain on the court even when she can't even show up, (just so Trump doesn't get to appoint another judge) would make it indisputable.

9. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Can't be removed except by impeachment and removal. There's no precedent for doing that, and it's not going to start with Ginsburg. A Democratic House isn't going to launch impeachment proceedings against one of their own.

10. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I did not know Obama tried to pressure Ginsburg to retire during his Presidency. She refused.

11. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

The entire Left did, and it pissed her off. She was still showing up everyday and didn't have mental problems. She thought they were disrespectful, and frankly, she was right.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Sangre Naranjada

And they continue to be disrespectful, though for now, not to her, because for now if she leaves the court, well, they think it's going to be political Armageddon.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Yep, the eulogies ring very hollow.

14. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

If Obama followed my advice and retired after 2014 midterms, Biden would have won “re-election” in 2016. Would have set an example at least for RBG.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Obama didn't have to retire in 2014. If Biden had been the nominee in 2016, he would have won. Would have flipped Iowa, Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and maybe Ohio.

16. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Yeah, but it would have help to win the dem nomination against Hillary, and reduced the infighting.

17. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I think she would have run anyway. Jeremiah Wright and "Father" Michael Phleger were freaks, but they were right about one thing. Hillary Clinton was massively entitled - like no politician in our lifetime. That was true in 2008. By 2016, she was even more entitled. She had dutifully shut her mouth after Obama defeated her and supported the team, and she did that expecting the nomination to be hers and hers alone in 2016.

18. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Like I said, my advice was ignored.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Rumors of pneumonia

20. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Bad news if true. That's what just got my 90-year-old FIL.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

So they sent her home ?
    Maybe nothing more they can do?

22. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

It’s rare for someone her age to pull out of a downward spiral. Not impossible, but rare.

23. Hollandtx

Hollandtx 250+ Posts

Hospitals are some of the germiest places around. There are some super bad bacteria that thrive in water, so every tube, glass, cleaning procedure, etc., increase the risk. That is why no flowers are allowed in the ICU.
    There is even a diagnosis called, "hospital acquired pneumonia"

There are only 2 antibiotics that might help if you have that. With Bader's income, the safest place for her is at home with round the clock staffing to care for her.
    That all being said, the downward spiral usually gets them. She is one tough lady, but, she's in her 90s.
    I don't agree with her politics, but, I do admire her.

• Like Like x 2
  24. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

She just needs to retire with the dignity she deserves. Holding on with her age and the illness she has is simply political.

25. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

That is true, but I'll admit that I'd want a conservative justice to hang on as long as possible to keep a Democrat from picking his replacement.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  27. Sangre Naranjada

That's a pretty despicable thing to do, even if accidentally. I hope whoever let that slip faces some severe consequences.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 4
  29. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

darn it THAT was funny. Morbid but funny

• Like Like x 3
  30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Anyone seen her lately?

[​IMG]