Death toll in Texas elementary school; 18 children, 2 adults killed

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by BevoJoe, May 24, 2022.

1. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

That's such a crock and really highlights that you have nothing reasonable to respond.

2. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

If anyone would know about lacking reasonable responses, it would be those posters on this site from Mobilhoma...maybe you should ask...oh wait. Yeah. You already know...

3. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Really? Are you telling me Abraham Lincoln wasn't a Republican? Or are you telling me he and his party wasn't responsible for the Emancipation Proclamation?

• Like Like x 1
  4. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

He's too busy admiring Manchin for not always blindly following the other Dems.

5. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

What would Lincoln think of drag queens in schools?

6. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I'm saying that the Republicans of those days were NOT the Republicans of today. The response to the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and associated things such as the Southern Strategy migrated the GOP to what they are today. Using the Republican heritage of Lincoln to apply to today is as silly as referring to Whigs/Tories or me calling for DKR stadium to be painted crimson because he was a Sooner from Hollis. You're better than that. mb's not, but you are. :)

7. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

This weak *** **** pulled you out? Come on man!

:)

8. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I knew the party switcharoo nonsense was coming. Predictable.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Democrats haven't changed. You hear the same arguments about abortion as you heard them say about slavery. "It's not really a human being"

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  10. Sangre Naranjada

Hell, I posit the democrat party still wants blacks to be enslaved. The only difference between today and the 1860s is that today the demx want them enslaved to the federal government via handouts and welfare programs.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Someone remind me. Which party had the most votes Against the Civil Rights Act.
    In the House it was
    Demx 152 for 96 against
    Reps 138 34

Senate
    Demx 46 21
    Rep 27 6

That is a whole lot of Demx against equality for blacks.
    Maybe someone needs to remind The race hustlers

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Don't be daft. The parties switched poles between Lincoln and FDR. The pushback from the Civil Rights Act and the 50 year pro-life movement have migrated red states to Republican. Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas, Alabama had conservative Democratic politicians.

13. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

So freaking predictable.

14. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I've lived in the south long enough to know many southern democrats when I was a boy. They don't even resemble modern republicans at all.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
  15. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

What politician said the following :

"They're gonna put ya'll in chains"!

Now think how ignorant that comment is. Now tell me what political party uses and manipulates blacks.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

What I find remarkable about this is that the Left views this as discrediting the "good guy with a gun" mentality. The exact opposite is the logical conclusion. It discredits the idea that individuals should disarm and rely on the police to protect them.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

I also challenge the assumption that few to no teachers want to arm themselves. If I was a teacher and saw that video, I would be training with my Sig every weekend.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

A teacher in Duncanville shot a killed a would be murderer a week or so ago. I guess they were having summer school there. No one was killed other than the bad guy. One teacher or school staff member with a gun prevented a crime. Never reported except on the dark web.

• Like Like x 4
  20. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

21. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I know nothing about this bill, but often it gets voted down due to what is attached to the bill that is completely unrelated.

• Agree Agree x 3
  22. Sangre Naranjada

Why is it lunacy? I can't see how an amber alert type of system for active shooter situations is going to be helpful.

Amber alerts are broadcast to hopefully help find a missing and possibly abducted child.
    Silver alerts do the same for demented elderly (amazing we haven't needed one for Joe yet)

How would a system like that make an active shooter situation better? I can't see it, so please explain.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Sangre Naranjada

And it looks like your boy in DC didn't have enough balls to keep his tweet up, so maybe he found out the Republicans were voting against yet another non-sensical and wasteful spending bill proposed by Democratx.

24. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Still there.

25. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

26. Sangre Naranjada

Funny. When I replied, it said "tweet not available"

• Like Like x 1
  27. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Bubba in your opinion What would be the purpose of a nationwide actuve shooter alert?

28. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

29. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

So you don't know how it would help an active shooter situation. Got it.
    All you want to do is try to bash Conservatives.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  30. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I scanned it and did not see anything attached that is secondary to the bill. Like others have stated already, I’m not sure what that accomplishes other than potential panic by some in the population. So many Amber alerts already go off in big cities, I think a lot of people ignore them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1