Death toll in Texas elementary school; 18 children, 2 adults killed

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by BevoJoe, May 24, 2022.

1. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

219098B8-2036-4BDB-A1D9-8542E69ECB84.png

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Lol. I watched Sixteen Candles this weekend. This reminds me of the geek explaining that he’s kind of king of the shitheads. Compare to our contemporaries - UK, France, Canada, Germany, Japan, etc.

3. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

Which of those countries share a porous 2000 mile border with a failed drug cartel state? The US has specific challenges that those other countries do not.

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Anyone who's surprised by this, please raise your hand...

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. OrangeShogun

OrangeShogun 500+ Posts

Which of those countries was founded upon the principle of individual liberty?

6. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Well that porous border is with a country that has a lower gun violence rate than ours.

Gun Deaths by Country 2022

7. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Freedom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Take out black on black homicides and rerun the numbers.
    DEI!

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  9. Horn2RunAgain

Sounds like a stepson of mine, to a tee. Personality changed, not for the better.

10. Horn2RunAgain

The link you provided states that Mexico has a much higher rate of gun related deaths per capita than the US.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

So I was posting at t ball with no glasses. Did Ulvade defund their police? It appears they were funded well enough to keep parents from going in to try to save their kids. Disgusting.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  12. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I take the poop notification as an indication that they didn’t defund their police department?

13. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

They had four officers funded to cover eight schools. The first ones who arrived and tried to get him were all shot. The back door of the school was unlocked.

And the murderer was reported to police four years ago due to threatening to shoot up the school. The background check did not catch that - so again, no amount of background checks will work with liberal policies of expunging minor's records etc.

Last edited: May 27, 2022
  14. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

A report this AM says the kids arrested for the threat did NOT include THIS shooter.

So again, it comes back to LET THE INVESTIGATION DO ITS THING. Quit jumping on every sound bite that comes out from a talking head because several have ALREADY been debunked and it has not even been 72 hours.

As to background checks, I really do NOT believe rational people want an 'allegation' without an adjudication or conviction to be a disqualifier. Otherwise, you will see a whole lot of people disqualified because SusieQ decided to call the po-po on their cheating B/F or husband. Never mind that the arrest is almost automatic for the male and never mind that it may never result in a conviction...

15. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Watching the head of DPS tell Wolf Blitzer the police didn't go in because they didn't want to get shot is scary.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  16. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

So, the countries with lower death rates by gun than the US are so wonderful otherwise that their citizens won't walk their families thousands of miles with the hope of getting into Wild West good ole Us of A with its gun touting MAGA nuts. That's good to know.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

The thin yellow line

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  19. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

you don't wait for the "right angle". I'm not SWAT but I've trained with them. LEO's have techniques to breach rooms even when they suspect there is a gun on the other side and even when they suspect that there is a hostage on the other side. It doesn't ensure a good outcome but it is a heck of lot better than waiting for someone to shoot 19 kids and two teachers. Being a LEO is a dangerous job sometimes. If you don't have the stomach for it then quit drawing the paycheck and move on.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

Perfect example of how liberals manipulate statistics to mislead. Take suicides out and you will see that Mexico has a significantly higher gun crime rate than the US. I also suspect gun crimes in Mexico are significantly underreported due to the strong influence of the drug cartels over law enforcement.

Mexico has some of the strictest gun control laws in the world. There is only one gun store in the entire country. It's the shining star of counterproductive gun control laws.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Let me lay this out for you.

Jason Whitlock is suggesting the delay in action by the police in Uvalde on their being persecuted so much. The usual shrieks and arrogant attacks are posted in the article. This article was on Yahoo this morning. Not saying Jason is correct but the musing is based upon things we've all thought and said: The police will lose all incentive to risk their lives if second guessing and punishment is their reward. Even if they used excessive force.

Former ESPN Journalist's Excuse For Uvalde Police Inaction Shocks Twitter Users

Same Yahoo homepage and we have this. Biden ordered this and you can see the quote below. But the headline mentions mass shootings.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/enough-biden-decrying-mass-shootings-221128202.html

"The order, which Biden acknowledged is no substitute for more far-reaching reforms that only Congress can enact, directs all federal agencies to revise their use-of-force policies, creates a national registry of officers fired for misconduct and provides grants to incentivize state and local police departments to strengthen restrictions on chokeholds and no-knock warrants."

@OUBubba

Can you not see the problem with the politics at the highest level (the defund the police and punish the police movement) and the media/Liberal commenters?

22. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Another thing I'm seeing.

Liberals are saying if you are pro-life (at any point in the life of a baby in the womb) then you should be anti-gun.

So isn't the inverse that if you are pro-death (abortion) then you should be pro-gun?

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

The arguments about gun violence in Mexico means nothing.

We have no compelling national interest to allow the border to be so porous. Period.

That is the argument. It is the law. We have enough problems of our own.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

It’s a silly argument. People own guns to protect themselves. Guns also saves lives. The problem is that we have violent society. Libs look past the issue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I’m saying if defund the police is the problem, as was implied by posters in this thread, then if ulvade police weren’t defunded then, politely, that is a poor argument.

26. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Suicide deaths are, you know, deaths. They’re a huge problem as well. They sometimes come with murders too.

27. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I have no idea what the situation was down there (manpower, funds, courage). It's a small town. At some point somebody shot the monster. Funding doesn't guarantee a hero. Cutting funding might guarantee there won't be.

• Winner Winner x 1
  28. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

But THEY DID NOT DEFUND! Complete red herring to even mention it.

29. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Our problem here now appears to be that people who once would have just committed suicide are now wanting to take people with them.

That monster was the same as a Kamikaze or a terrorist with a bomb vest. They are willing to die. It's tough to stop them.

• Like Like x 1
  30. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

While I agree, I think you are talking the Donna incident. I’m hearing the Uvalde ahole was previously reported.

• Agree Agree x 1