Dec 20 NSD Thread

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Dionysus, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Updated list

list.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Alex Jones IS Bill Hicks.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

This, but more importantly what the f**k is going on with the assigned recruiters and/or coaches in these two areas. We need a MENSA to help figure this out. Oh wait ....

4. AYMan

AYMan 25+ Posts

How many scholarships are projected to have for 2018 class, assuming Malik leaves

5. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

When is cooks going to sign?

6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The highest ranked OL this class in the entire state doesnt show up until #24, and the top ranked OT doesnt even appear until #27. The two in-states we landed were the 3rd ranked OG and 3rd ranked OT. The highest ranked DT is #13 and we have him (I think). So it's not a great year in state for either side of the line. Next year will be much better.

As it is, we are cleaning up in the top 5/top 10 in state like the Longhorns have not done in a long time. If the top 10 this year were all linemen instead of all DBs/WRs, we probably would be cleaning up with OLs/DLs right now.

But @2003TexasGrad (or Taps) has a point. Our OL/DL recruiters should have seen all this coming and done a better job with OOSs and JUCOs (plus, as I wrote above, we still have a decent shot at landing a good DL class for 2018). Winning, of course, would have helped in this effort. If we were 9-3 now (as we could be with just 3 better QB plays in 3 different games), the national perception of us would be different, even though it would be the exact same team.

As of this moment, it looks like Giles might be a solid position coach but not so good of a recruiter (Ed Oliver loves the guy as a coach). Not sure what to say about Warehime.

• Like Like x 5
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  7. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

I agree, except as I tell my co-owners and staff daily, perception is reality, and adverse perceptions have to be dealt with - not ignored.

• Like Like x 2
  8. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

Georgia is having themselves a day look at Kirby go

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

We are supposed to leapfrog them back, if we land Cook, as it sounds like we will

10. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

There it is

• Like Like x 11
  11. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Enough lamentation! It's about time for Anthony Cook's announcement.

Whoop, there it is!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  13. HornsfortheWin

HornsfortheWin < 25 Posts

Meanwhile Alabama lays back in the 40's moves up slowly, then pow back in the top 5 come money time. Also, If Smart can keep his staff from getting picked clean Georgia will be good for years to come.

• Like Like x 1
  14. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

• Like Like x 1
  15. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Maybe we can start 8 DB and 3 LB and skip those down line men.

• Like Like x 10
  16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

brief film here of the cat in the hat

• Like Like x 2
  17. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I was saying this earlier (three plays by Sam possibly causing a huge perception problem) but you would think the coaching staff could mitigate this very easily with by saying he was a true freshman and the on the job training will pay huge dividends down the road.

But still, 9-3 would look great especially a victory over USC on the road. That touchdown at the end of the first half was also a killer. UGH!!!!!

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Naivar made that point today on LHN -- that we play 7 dbs in conference a lot

19. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

20. LonghornCatholic

• Like Like x 3
  21. Olehornfan

Olehornfan 2,500+ Posts

Watched the punter's tape. He has a skill I have not seen for years, coffin corner kick. He kicked about seven balls that hit near the five yard line and took an immediate left turn out of bounds. Watch for it.

• Like Like x 3
  22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The next one up is LB Ayodele Adeoye
    He is at 7 pm
    The competition is ou

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  23. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

Anyone here like the FR center Shackleford? I bet you do, I bet you do very much ( spoken in a Jerry Jones voice)
    I ask as he was UT’s lowest ranked 3 star recruit last year, Joe Fan nailed it.
    Relax. We get in errrbody we need, I haven’t seen this since Mack and me likely.

• Like Like x 2
  24. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

He's been on my wish list from the start. Now we still got two big ones in the next 2 days and hopefully we still get that big DL in Feb. Maybe a few more surprised on top of that.

25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This is what we need to hear from Texas kids

• Like Like x 3
  26. LonghornCatholic

• Like Like x 2
  27. LonghornCatholic

Very very cool. If you get a chance go watch the entire clip on ESPNU. :hookem:

• Like Like x 1
  28. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

If you told me at the start of the recruiting season for the 2018 class that we'd get J Green, D Jamison, C Sterns, D Overshown, BJ Foster, and A Cook as our DB's I'd have call you crazy. This is real and it still seems crazy.............. And they are all signed.

• Like Like x 5
  29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Jason Washington has got to be "Recruiter of the Year?"

• Like Like x 3
  30. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

I'm going to call it now. Texas will win the 2018 seven-on-seven national championship.

• Like Like x 2