Deez' Buddy, a Muslim Mayor, Unlimited Hypocrisy from the Left and Muslims

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by iatrogenic, Feb 1, 2017.

1. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

http://www.breitbart.com/london/201...osts-party-with-11-nations-that-ban-israelis/

However, dignitaries from 11 of the 16 countries who permanently block travel by Israeli passport holders – Bangladesh, Brunei, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Pakistan, Sudan, United Arab Emirates, and Yemen – will be present at the meeting. None have attracted censure from the mayor over their bans.

The remaining five countries to block travel by Israeli passport holders are Algeria, Malaysia, Oman, Saudi Arabia, and Syria.

Moreover, six of the seven nations affected by the temporary travel ban to the U.S. are among those who block travel by Israeli passport holders.

2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

3. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

The new slogan of the European left should be, "Make anti-Semitism great again." In their minds, it's OK to discriminate against Jews if it's in the name of pushing their agenda. After all, most Jews work hard and have fully Westernized. They're traitors to many on the Left.

4. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Well certainly if Somalia and Syria have stupid *** travel policies that should be the standard we use to set ours.

5. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

The issue is not imitating Somalia and Syria. The issue is being hypocritical by attacking one policy for cheap political gain while mollycoddling another group that advocates a far more extreme and far less justifiable policy.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

I think this attack on "hypocricy" is just misdirection trying to somehow justify Trump's disastrous, ill-conceived. Unconstitutional first steps in the international travel arena.

7. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

For some, maybe. Not for me. Both Trump and his hyperbolic critics can be wrong for different reasons.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Well certainly there are leftist with wacky, poorly reasoned and hypocritical positions and the Mayor of London certainly looks culpable. I guess I'm just more worried about the board in our own eye.

9. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

The problem is that equating the two disregards all perspective. They aren't similar. One is far more extreme and far less defensible, and it's not Trump's action. That doesn't mean his action was done wisely or was even a good idea on the merits.

10. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

One person had a meeting. The other detained thoroughly vetted contributing members to the US economy and academia, separated families and created innumerable and in some cases tremendous personal inconveniences.

11. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I'm not comparing Trump with the mayor of London. Fortunately he's not in the position to impose his will. I'm simply concurring with Farage's charge that there's pretty disgusting hypocrisy here.

There's a lot of drama in your comment, but it ultimately ends in inconvenience for a short period of time, for which those wronged will probably be compensated. It wasn't done well, but it's not the apocalypse his critics are making it out to be. Furthermore, if someone is righteously demonizing a possible sidewalk spitter while he's mollycoddling Ted Bundy, it's hard to take him seriously or lend him much moral authority or credibility.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

a Texas mayor, perhaps someone's friend here

13. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Interesting. Please explain the thorough vetting that was done so that we can all feel safe. Also, let us know how much these detainees contribute to the U.S. While your at it, please provide details about the tremendous personal inconveniences that outweigh the safety of the other 300 million plus citizens in the United States.

14. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

I wish I had time and expertise for the first two questions well. I know one person prevented from reentry into the country, from Iraq, was doing important research on diabetes at Harvard ... something his sponsor said no one else has comparable capabilities. On the final one, I'm contending that treating people unjustly because of their religion and national origin in no way makes us safer. Personally, it takes a lot to bring me to violence. Unjust application of power against people of my religion and ethnicity might be one thing that would push me to radicalized anger.

If feeling safe is important to you, I'd try to avoid media that deliberately feeds your fears.

15. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Croc
    Are you sure this researcher is banned from ever entering or delayed and is here now?

16. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Crock,

It's a good thing that Jews and Christians are more peaceful than you. If they weren't, we'd have another round of the Crusades going on but with Jews joining the Christians.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

I swear the left has too many crybabies. Inconvenienced? We have Americans fighting for our safety as we speak for months and months at a time away from their families in hot bed countries for Terrorist. You are worried about a little inconvenience at the airport over what's possibly the difference in our safety? Jeez, if our vetting worked properly San Bernardino would have most likely not happened. You need to wake up. Maybe it's you that needs to actually watch the real news.

• Like Like x 1
  18. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Classic!

19. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

:D
    Very Nice Croc. I have to admit, the story of an Iraqi researcher from Harvard curing diabetes (or heart disease or cancer) could be an decent reason to not delay someone for a few weeks or months while they get checked out properly. Of course, if one of the other erstwhile detainees blew up the building in which the cure was on the verge of being finalized, or went on a shooting spree and killed the Iraqi, or drove a truck over the Iraqi, we would be kicking ourselves.:rolleyes:

20. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

We do not know how long this researcher was detained. Even MSM is not reporting any significant delays
    Plus there gave been reports people died due to the ban,later proven to be a lie

21. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

The visa process to enter the United States from a Muslim country (or anywhere else really) was pretty thorough. The fact that students/professors with green cards, residences, families etc. are facing wasted plane flights, time in detention, missed family connections, last chance to see terminally ill relatives,vacations, etc would all seem pretty reasonable if it would in some would some way make us safer. Somehow given the sloppiness that includes ignoring legal advice and advice from folks who administer the programs makes me think this a just a show of strength by a stupid bully that will have no meaningful impact besides pissing off people whom we'd be best served to have as friends.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  22. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Have you done any recent calculations on the number of Muslims killed by the US and other Western Military Powers compared to the number of civilians from the US, Western Europe and Israel killed by Muslims?

23. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Don't know her, but on the positive side there is one more of the other gender in the dating pool if Mrs. Crockett finally throws me out.

24. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  25. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

I can think of three flights that better vetting could have stopped Muslims from boarding. Those three flights have inconvenienced all of us for 16 years, and affected thousands of families in the worst possible way.

I'll buy pink puss- hats for the university wimps and their valued Muslim researchers. Maybe that will simultaneously identify them and thaw their big university trained brains. F--k their inconvenience.

26. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

The hate is strong in this one.

27. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

I'm not a fan of fools.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

Especially those that ignore a majority of the intelligence heads testified they can't properly vet Syrian refugees.

Not to mention, the FBI has 100's of open, active terrorism related investigations into people who came here from these terrorist hotbed countries.

Guess he didn't realize Obama's policies forbid officials from checking social media background of applicants as it would infringe upon their rights.

It's pointless to talk about it, these Libs won't wake up and smell the sizzling body parts until it's too late. Our new leader and his staff get it, all that matters.

29. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

We also killed more Japanese and Germans than they killed of us. Guess we were all wrong with them too. Come on, Man. This is pretty shallow stuff.

There's a case to be made against Trump's action. You can criticize them fairly. However, you're falling into the nonsensical approach the Left is taking that considers it some horrific abuse of human rights. This isn't the Holocaust. This isn't the internment of Japanese. This isn't the bans on Israelis that many of these countries impose. It's not even the Muslim ban that Trump actually ran on (and was a stupid idea). In fact, it's not anywhere near to being in the same solar system with any of these, but you speak of it makes us monsters. It doesn't, and discussing it as such is silly, especially when it's combined with BS criticisms from countries that do far, far worse in their normal course of dealings. I know you don't like Trump, as I don't, but you're too smart to show such little perspective.

• Like Like x 1
  30. towersniper

towersniper 100+ Posts