Defensive Poetry by PhxAggie

Discussion in 'Classics' started by 12thStudStan, Feb 16, 2000.

1. 12thStudStan

12thStudStan 250+ Posts

Ever wonder if there is an Aggie version of PhxHorn? An Aggie wordsmith and football analyst that all Aggies hold in great regard? Is that even possible? I have often feared that possibility and today my nightmares came true when I found this post on texags with the same title as PhxHorn's brilliant work. Sorry, no link and with a most respectful of apologies to PhxHorn I present PhxAggie: quote:

2. John Longhorn

John Longhorn < 25 Posts

3. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Actually I can think of a couple words.

4. cfs60

cfs60 < 25 Posts

Stan - your two biggest fans are cfs60 and cfs84. Just seeing your name as a thread originator makes my day.cfs60

5. garfield

garfield < 25 Posts

****, Stan, nobody must be working today. LOL------------------
    "Aggies f**k sheep, and OU Sucks" - TPE, 1999

6. Mesohorny

Mesohorny 1,000+ Posts

This - coupled with PhxHorn's original tome -HAS to be saved in the Classic Post file!
    Thanks, guys. Both are tremendous!!Hook 'em

7. 12thStudStan

12thStudStan 250+ Posts

Thanks for the comments, guys. I appreciate it. I think it is safe to say that there never will be anyone that even remotely resembles PhxHorn on the Aggie board. He is one of a kind, and I thank my lucky stars that he is ours.

8. DrJ

DrJ 25+ Posts

Stan - We have to know. Do you cogitate endlessly on this stuff - compiling multiple drafts, checking and rechecking, soliciting opinions, agonizing over each word,....?Please say you do, because after we finish cracking up, we get pretty pissed at the unfairness of your talent

9. SPEED GOAT

SPEED GOAT < 25 Posts

Way too good Stan. Now let me get this straight, the Bonfire was NOT burning and those poor aggie ******** did NOT voluntarily jump in, right? And the Ags are NOT selling commemorative toothpicks from the logs, right? And if they were, you would tell me, right?Anyway, that was just beautiful work. Send a copy of that sheep manual please. I have an Aggie cousin (we don't speak) and it's never too early to shop for Christmas.------------------
    If God had not wanted them sheared, He would not have made them sheep!

10. Buzz Kill

Buzz Kill < 25 Posts

11. 12thStudStan

12thStudStan 250+ Posts

Dr J - Thanks for the kind words, but I just did a little editing of PhxHorns brilliant essay. Pretty much a copy & paste job with some word changes. Besides, I could never match PhxHorn's eloquent style. I find that the posts I tend to agonize over are less popular than the ones that I just spit out. I don't proof read well, so you will often see an "edited by" tag at the end of my posts after I catch something later. I never have anyone read or view anything before I post it. No reason, just haven't. If it bombs, it bombs. SPEED GOAT - Commemorative Bonfire Toothpicks. Wish I had thought of that. LOL back at ya.

12. Orangesweat

Orangesweat 2,500+ Posts

I won't argue the fact that it was extremely well written and showed a great deal of imagination.Credit to PHX Horn for providing the needle to go along with this thread.Hook'Em[This message has been edited by Orangesweat (edited 02-21-2000).]