Dems will whine about Cruz trip forever

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Horn6721, Feb 18, 2021.

1. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

Ted's problem was he flew on a public flight. Smart politicians like Steve Adler take private jets to Mexico to avoid being photographed.

Also, the mayor is richer than the US Senator?

• Like Like x 2
  2. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

His problem is he pisses on people indiscriminately (California power shortages, Austin mayor, etc.) and that paints him into a corner when he does the same things. Had he not called out people in such a manner he would need to offer no defense in the first place. Telling lies about it also doesn't help. This was not "for his daughter". Text messages indicate that his wife organized the trip on the fly and I don't blame her one bit. He just shouldn't lie about it. He should say, "my family wanted to get out of town. I see that as a reasonable alternative to being in the way in Texas so we went. My wife has a sweet job so there was no 'taxpayer money' involved. I'm not going to apologize for living my life". The problem is the mocking of others before loads the gun up on you in the future. When you point, you have three fingers pointing back at you.

PS: His wife is not as ugly as Trump said. Hell, looking at his weaselly mug, he married up.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

That describes democrats and the media very well. How many Covid deaths has Biden caused since he's been in office? How's the Emmy winning Cuomo doing?

4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

84,000 deaths on Biden.

5. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

He was STILL right to clown the Adler trip. Cruz was not telling people to stay home. Cruz did not engage in a rules for thee but not for me sort of activity. Adler not only had the audacity to tell people to stay home, he recorded the message FROM Mexico!

What Cruz did is poor optics. But it was NOT an Adler situation.

His calling out of California is not wholly inappropriate. They have these situations YEAR AFTER YEAR. Meanwhile, we don't seem to have this issue even in the summers with a week of 105+ temps. Peculiar, that...

Cruz flew a public airline out of an airport accessible to the masses. Nothing precluded other Texans from flying to warmer climates for a few days. The real criticisms about his trip don't seem to be from Texans. They are from those seeking to distract from the murders wrought by Cuomo and any number of other serious mis-steps by people actually IN A POSITION TO DO SOMETHING about various problems.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

If Cruz never complained about California power issues, he'd still be mocked today. The difference in that case is less Dems could state his name.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

It's not just California. He has a history of picking fights with everyone, both within and outside of his party. If you spend a career picking fights with others (see Trump) it's disingenuous to act innocent when the "others" punch back. Here is a sampling of what his peers have said about him. He revels in the hate thus when you are shown to be a hypocrite expect it to be highlighted by everyone.

8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

He was playing Mario Carts with his grandkids while Texans froze to death

Yet the media ignores this to focus 100% on Cruz

How do you explain that?

• Hot Hot x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Cruz actually has values that he sticks to. Not compromising those values rankles many.
    I don’t see anything he has done as being hypocritical or disingenuous, but I’m not a biased lib.

10. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

SOP

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Vino Bevo

Vino Bevo Wine - how classy people get drunk

That description couldn't be further from the truth...

12. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

FB_IMG_1613780470148.jpg

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Seattle Husker

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

15. Seattle Husker

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. Vino Bevo

Vino Bevo Wine - how classy people get drunk

upload_2021-2-19_22-58-0.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Did he break the law to do it?

I'm not a Ted Cruz fan, but this is a stupid and blindly partisan controversy

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Hot Hot x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  22. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Also, my memory could be failing me, but didn't Julie Roginsky bang Jesse Jackson back in the '90s? That might have been some other liberal commentator, but I really think it was her.

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Why was that in your memory banks to begin with?

• Funny Funny x 3
  24. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I would agree except that he has universally called people out on the twitter. Optics and perception can become the reality. So well liked that a neighbor in the group chat shared screen shots. I guess Rand Paul's neighbor may like him less.

25. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

Yea, it was just a joke about private jet and politicians getting their photos taken.

26. utahorn

utahorn 500+ Posts

Cruz messed up Big Time, realized it was a mistake (I thought he was smarter than that) and apologized. He has not been accused of killing the elderly (Hello Gov. Cuomo) just poor judgement. Who will the media decry more? Cruz or Cuomo? At least Cruz admitted to a mistake and apologized. Gov. Cuomo?

27. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

FB_IMG_1614033603929.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 1
  29. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  30. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Cruz made a mistake.

Hey, I have two kids, 17 and 24. They're city kids and have lived a soft life. We talked about Cruz taking his kids to Mexico. They just sort of said that's what rich people do. Then we talked about the message that politicians send to the rest of us. They said they don't listen to politicians. Fair enough. I'm glad they said that.

In the end, I told them I was glad we stuck it out over the two days with no power and the three days with no water from our well. It was in the high 40's indoors and we just hung in there. Our propane tank worked just fine, so we had our stove top and the fire place. We learned about being tough. We thought about our modern day conveniences and checked the blessing box on that. We gathered water from the downspouts to keep our toilets full. And we drank the bottled water we had purchased the week before because we saw it coming and PLANNED AHEAD.