Depth Chart against the kitties...

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by moondog_LFZ, Nov 23, 2021.

1. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  2. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

When i saw this posted..I was thinking shakeup before I opened it....
    Don't see too many changes or surprises, though.
    Looked to me like Zero got fewer snaps last week and Gbenda picked some up.
    I'd like to see more Card in this game but think he may be better coming off the bench as opposed to being named starter...don't know who is healthier this week.
    My confidence in Brock is greatly lacking.
    We are sorely missing Okafor and have been every week. Feel bad for that dude he was coming up.
    Washington seems like he knows how to get open ...needs to continue to improve catching cleanly.
    See Dixon starting over JWhitt. Let's see what he's got....put him in a position to use his speed.
    Let's get the RBs in space more either by way of pitches, screens, or short passing game. I'd love to see a wheel with Keilan.
    Roschon deserves an award and waay more praise than he gets.
    That is all. :)

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
  3. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

I thought we didn't have any depth. Why is there a chart? :smile1:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Hot Hot x 1
  4. Handler

Handler 1,000+ Posts

Think Card is out with his ankle.

5. Handler

Handler 1,000+ Posts

Rumor Overshown, Cook, and Jamison aren't walking with seniors pregame. Maybe all 3 want to improve their draft film with one more year.

• Hot Hot x 3
  6. Handler

Handler 1,000+ Posts

Also thought Jacoby was cleared to play, hopefully he is and that's just an error on 2 deep.

7. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Well, unless they portal, this would seem to say they believe in what Sark is doing.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Yes, I read if not for the high ankle sprain he would be starting.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Damnit, hasn't our trainer ever heard of Poke Salad, or do they not sell it in Austin. Simple enough, if not there have Roschon's mother bring some with her from Market Basket. Too late now, but he should have been using it all week.

The trainer should have 50 pounds of Poke in his freezer all year because I think the harvest is in the spring.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

I'd like to knonw what the defense is doing with a Star position? No one on that defense is a Star.

Thinking and pretending you're a Star like Brenden Schooler doesn't make you a Star.

11. OrangeShogun

OrangeShogun 500+ Posts

I'd welcome Cook and Jamison back.

• Like Like x 1
  12. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Discounting attitude (about which I know nothing), I’d like to see all three come back, but Jamison only to return kicks and punts.

With more LBs available I think that DMO could be very good at safety. And, I have always had a high regard for Cook who I believe will be a starter at the next level.

• Like Like x 1
  13. RainH2burntO

I kept thinking they might try Owens at LB....looks like one...built like Jordan Hicks at that age.
    Dude is a very talented athlete and I hate we couldn't make him work out somewhere

14. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

I thought the same thing, and was very surprised to learn that he was no longer with the team. We’ll probably never know why.

I remember him flying down the field on the kickoff team as a true freshman.

15. OrangeShogun

OrangeShogun 500+ Posts

Sometimes being a great athlete does not equate to being a great football player.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. RainH2burntO

I just remember a game last year them bringing him in for a couple plays at SS and watching him hang with the fastest WR on the opposing team on a deep ball and just miss it..giving up the completion...and my reaction wasnt man he got beat ..my thought was what in the world or how in the world is a dude built like that even able to be in that position...and why is he playing there...Move him to LB and see if he can put that combo of speed and size to work.
    But hey who knows. Not saying I do.....

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
  17. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Wow Rain, now I know who he is cause I remember that play. A guy that size moving with that speed was obvious and impressive.

18. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

without calling out individual players, sure would like to see some changes at LB. That position has been the worst of any position including the OL from what I've seen, but I skipped Baylor to fish. Just too frustrated by then.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Or his arm :smile1:

• Hot Hot x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  20. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

No Mo Blackwell on the LB depth chart? With all of the time he's been getting, wonder if he's hurt or just "done."

I'd love to see Gabe Watson get some carries. The dude is like a poor man's D'Onta Foreman and got 2nd place for the D2 Heisman equivalent. His HS tape is crazy... he must have been some kind of grades risk or something to end up at Diablo Valley or wherever he was before Sioux Falls. Mixing him up with K. Robinson is like a front seven's nightmare.

Kai Money can't possibly finish the season with 1 catch. I hope they go at him at least once Friday.

Finally got a starting DL that everyone thought would be the starting DL at the beginning of the season.

At DB: The corners are going to struggle. This is the kind of game where everyone discounts the KSU passing against us, and then they come out and go right at guys like Jamison and Barron. I think we'll see more Kitan Crawford than we would have liked at the start of the year.

At QB: I think if Casey struggles, Roschon does a bunch of direct snap type plays and even throws a little. Why not pull out all the stops against the Wildcats in a meaningless game?

• Like Like x 3
  21. RainH2burntO

Plenty have acknowledged it this week but I'm surprised more haven't. Card looked the best he's looked vs WVU and looked like someone who was starting to settle in. Feel like he was leading is down to tie likely if not for the injury. He and Keilan seemed to have great chemistry and he was in rhythm in the pocket and when it broke down. Very encouraging...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  22. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

I didn’t watch much of the game and none of the second half, but yes, I heard he was actually doing a good job. Good for him! :hookem:

23. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

I will always wonder what Card could have done if he wasn't yanked after one bad game that was a team effort.
    He would've beat Ttech and probably TCU as Bijan basically won that game.
    Would he have gotten his feet under him and acclimate to the speed of the game by then?
    I understand going to the experienced Thompson, but not sure Card got a fair shot.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

He absolutely had to be yanked at that time or even earlier. He looked like a dear in headlights. His play was bringing us down.
    This last game he looked much more comfortable. His play looked encouraging for the future. I think he is better mentally and has a better understanding of what it takes to be successful.:hookem2:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  25. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Hell, he even scrambled at the right times against WVU. That was the lesson he most needed to learn, in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  26. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Yes! I made that exact comment to my wife....finally he learned when to tuck and run. He also seemed like he was feeling the pressure and how to shuffle left or right to give himself the extra second on a couple passes too.

• Agree Agree x 3
  27. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

I'm not saying he shouldn't have been yanked during the Arky game.
    But maybe he should have still been the starter next game.
    When asked, Sark said the most complete game we played was the first one againsy Louisiana.
    I'm just whatifing, but it's something I've wondered about thru the season.

• Winner Winner x 1
  28. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

Brockermeyer out with injury sustained in practice on Tuesday...

But that's ok... we'll have him back next year.
    :facepalm:

29. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Don’t have a clue just what his brother was meaning.

• Agree Agree x 2
  30. OrangeShogun

OrangeShogun 500+ Posts

I believe that's his father, and I agree with you, his statement makes no sense. Hope he wasn't an English major at UT.

• Agree Agree x 1