*Edited* DeSantis vs Trump

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by LonghornCatholic, May 26, 2023.

?

Who’s Your Guy

1. DeSantis

16 vote(s)
    61.5%
  2. Trump

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  3. Biden

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  4. Other

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  5. Kennedy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

:usflag:

• Like Like x 1
  2. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. LonghornCatholic

Trump is already going all ghetto on DeSantis. I guess his MAGA crew loves it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. LonghornCatholic

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Those are the tweets that ruin him.

• Agree Agree x 7
  6. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

His assertion that Cuomo did better as governor over Covid than DeSantis pretty much ensures I won’t vote for Trump even if he is the nominee. Continued attacks like that one on McEnany hopefully seals his fate.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Trump says DeSantis will cut social security. If it's true or just political attack, I don't know but I will be depending on ss in the near future so I can't vote for DeSantis so that leaves Trump who did great for America his last time up. He just needs to keep his mouth shut at times. You would think he would have learned his lesson by now.

• Like Like x 1
  8. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

That ad is full of lies. DeSantis was for SS reform and anyone who isn’t has their head buried in the sand. I think the proposal related to extending the retirement age to 70.

Also, his assertion that DeSantis wanted to add a 23% sales tax didn’t mention it came through eliminating federal income taxes.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2023
  9. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

^I will vote for the GOP nominee, no matter which candidate is the nominee. The platform of the Democratic Party (and thus the platform of the Democratic nominee) is totally unacceptable.
    Given that summary, I would prefer to see DeSantis as the GOP nominee. If DJT is the nominee, the voters will turn out to vote against Trump (as they did in 2020), and the Dem nominee will win. If Desantis is the GOP nominee (and if DJT stays quiet), the GOP will win by a comfortable margin.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2023
  10. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

At the moment, I'm more inclined to vote for Vivek Ramaswamy. I've like his messaging since before he declared...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

"Milktoast?" Lol. Again, he needs to stop tweeting from the toilet.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Given how spectacularly well she performed as his press secretary, one would hope Trump would be more gracious towards her.

However, all hopes aside, the bottom line is Trump gonna Trump.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

Maybe it's time for a photo of the next First Lady of the United States?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  14. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Yep. She had the toughest job in the world, and she might have done it the best of anyone. She had to explain Trump to the public while he tripped over his junk several times a month, and she had to put up with the most disrespectful, dishonest, and assholic media in history. And she did it exceptionally well. She just kicked everybody's *** and did it with a cheerful smile.

And she was hot.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

If Trump ends up the nominee I will vote for him
    He certainly governed better than Biden is
    But damn the way he treated Kayleigh is despicable.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I predict DeSantis will lead in the polls by September.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

I hope you're correct. The earlier DeSantis builds momentum, the more time for Trump to settle into the role of "Elder Statesman" for the GOP - he can make some key inputs to shape the GOP platform. And if he can stifle his ego and back the ticket, it could quiet the Trump backers.

18. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Let’s hope sanity wins out and Desantis is the nominee. A Biden vs Trump election is a lose lose proposition.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

I'm sure there are more differences than just this, but this is the biggest difference between Desantis and Trump in my opinion. Trump really just seems to be unable to control his mouth. He fires it off at anyone and everyone any time they are not 100% DJT. he seems to prize "loyalty" above anything and everything. And i wouldn't even call it loyalty, i would call it fealty. You are either acknowledging his prestige or you are dead to him. No middle ground. Desantis can and will work with other conservatives even when they are not 100% in agreement. Politics is team ball and requires this approach.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  21. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Well stated.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

This poll has been open for a while. Zero votes for Biden? Poor Joe

1. DeSantis
      14 vote(s)
      63.6%

2. Trump
      3 vote(s)
      13.6%

3. Biden
      0 vote(s)
      0.0%

4. Other
      5 vote(s)
      22.7%

• Like Like x 1
  23. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Charlie Civilian gets more votes than Uncle Joe from this distinguished forum. Well done HornFans! :hookem:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  24. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

OU Bubba would have at least one vote.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  25. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Joined by Husker...but still out voted as always.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  26. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. BrntOrngStmpeDe

I do really think they are very concerned that Mr. and Mrs. Desantis will make a very competent team. As attractive as Melania was, she wasn't that great of a spokesperson. Casey is attractive, down to earth, polished and well versed in media games. She's going to play this game better than the vast majority of potentials.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. BrntOrngStmpeDe

the more i see Desantis the more i wonder if the "doesn't do retail politics well" label was just an attempt to undermine him by his primary opponents. I'm not seeing a guy that is afraid to kiss babies.

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

If all of the Republican presidential hopefuls except Trump participate in the debates, one of them is going to take a flyer and call Trump out in very simple, but stern terms. That will be the Republican candidate.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

If that happens, they should all call him a coward and mock him endlessly. It would be a Bidenesque move.