DFW at AAU in Chicago

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Jul 21, 2008.

1. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Got this video from LuvTech on the Lady Raider board. Pretty long. A lot of Griner (black # 42) but you can also see quite a bit of Reed (white # 45) and Greene (white # 50) [I think]. Should be able to spot O. Sims and Lauren Flores in black. The camera also pans the sidelines where you can see Coach V from Rutgers, an OU coach(?), and Coach G. Griner is awesome. Runs the floor very well, outstanding shot blocker from underneath the basket out to the 3 pt line. What I get from this is that all three (Griner, Reed, and Greene) can run the floor. Bonus coverage has Griner doing layups and a second game where Coach G and Coach Gale Valley are shown sitting under a basket watching the second game.

2. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Thx, Babhorn. I just watched through the first game. Griner looks frighteningly good. Yes, it was cool seeing how all three bigs ran the court. Reed looks to have great offensive potential. I couldn't tell that much about Green. Contending with Griner is going to be the biggest challenge of all the posts we might get. I'd also like to see Kelsey Bone going up against Griner. Griner's height and agility just seems to put her out of everyone's reach. We badly need two of the three other Texas posts (Reed, Bone, and Green) or someone else like Monique Oliver or Joslyn Tingle. We're going to have to do some convincing recruiting, with so many great teams in this part of the country now. I wonder who is on A&M's list. I didnt' pay much attention to Oddessy Syms, but it sounds from all one reads that she could help the situation a lot. If one of our posts develops a strong outside game, maybe that could pull Griner out of the paint a little bit. I hope our new post from Las Vegas (sorry, her last name escapes me - hope she's not reading this) is working on her offensive game this summer. Maybe she's developing the three. That would be nice. Dang, why did Leon Barmore go to Baylor? He's such a premier coach. As if Baylor needed better coaching. The Big 12 gets more loaded all the time.

3. TXtoCO

TXtoCO 1,000+ Posts

I would not be surprised to see Griner break each of the records that CP has set in the big 12. She is 6-8 and it has been indicated that she may top out at 6-10. With that height and agility she will be all over the court. I am disappointed that she did not choose UT but I am glad that she will be in the Big 12 so that I can get to see her play as much as possible. Something tells me that Mulkey is working on all sorts of alley-oop plays. Talk about a high percentage shot.

4. #1UTFAN

#1UTFAN 25+ Posts

Since Griner is so very tall, other teams will counter by putting EXTREME pressure on the ball. If the guards cannot get openings for decent passes, opposing players will have numerous opportunities for steals. With quickness and anticipation, we should do okay against bu.