DFW Tailgate- August 26 - Tolberts Chili Parlor Grapevine

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by WorsterMan, Jul 28, 2021.

1. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Sorry, not an On the Field event but want to get the word out & invite all.... even "bullied" ou Bubba!

ALOT TO TALK ABOUT BY SERIOUS HF POSTERS!

Frank X. Tolbert's Chili Parlor - Grapevine TX

August 26 - 5:30 - ? or whenever Sabre Horn runs out of stories!

IM / PM me if you want more info or have questions.

Hook Em!
    Dave
    :beertoast:

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
  2. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

So...when and where?

:fiestanana:

3. WorsterMan

4. George Bailey

George Bailey No beans in my chili, thank you

Tolbert's, good choice. Good bowl o' red to be had there.

• Like Like x 3
  5. horninchicago

Are we counting you in?

6. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

If I come wearing a straw cowboy hat can I get first crack at the women SabreHorn turns down?

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Hot Hot x 1
  7. George Bailey

George Bailey No beans in my chili, thank you

Sad I can't make this one. Duty calls...

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  8. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Crockett,

If you pass one up, you will always be one behind, and you can never make it up.

:beertoast:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  9. WorsterMan

Yes you can. So are you going to join us with said straw cowboy hat?

10. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Straw is ok until Labor Day

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  11. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

I'm planning to be there but probably a little late.

• Like Like x 1
  12. horninchicago

We'll make sure some of Sabre's scraps are still there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  13. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

I live in Arlington- I’m outta town that day or I would love to meet up.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  14. WorsterMan

ttt

Who else can join us?

15. horninchicago

Apparently Frontier is now mandating either a vaccine or neg covid test. so, I'll be looking fro work soon. So, I probably won't be there.

Stupid *** covid shoot, I'm sick of it, and not asymptomatic in my anger.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  16. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

HIC,

Come on, what could go wrong?

Allergic reaction and rash over 50% of your body and still itching after only five money?

Loss of appetite?

Lose 27 pounds in five months?

No sleep because you can't quit scratching?

According to Pfizer, those are rare occurrences and minor inconveniences. Whomever the **** head is that said that needs to meet me in Anahuac.

We won't talk about the Moderna patient in San Antonio in ICU for three weeks from her reaction.

17. horninchicago

I'm tired of this crap. The freaking cry baby covid ******** are winning. I'll be probably bet banned for making a blanket statement like that against the cry babies.

18. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

I wouldn't call my self a crybaby, but I did shed a few tears when my sister's husband and terrific grandpa for 3 adoring grandchildren died of COVID before the vaccine was available. I'm not for forcing everyone to get a shot. I do wish discussion on the issue were more rational and less heated.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  19. horninchicago

No, you weren't one of the cry babies I was referring to.

Funny thing about Covid, it affects some people and not others. Like mountain cedar. Maybe you breathe it in with no allergic reaction. Others are bed ridden for 3 days.

Sorry about your grandfather, but not sure what that has to do with Frontier making me get vaccinated or show negative test results from time to time when I'm not even sick to begin with.

The whole thing is beyond absurd.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

And along with the 600,000+ unvaccinated spouses, sons, daughters, parents, grandparents who’ve died from covid19 were two dear old friends of mine. I miss them very much.
    I think god daily for modern medicine scientists who developed the vaccines.

• Like Like x 1
  21. horninchicago

I'm sorry anyone dies of covid. I'm also sorry anyone dies of anything else. It really sucks. But agin, what the hell does it have to do with me being forced to either get jabbed or submit to testing when I'm not sick?

• Like Like x 1
  22. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

HIC,

The Texas region of Little League World Series is being rocked with FRAUD this weekend. Needville mudhole'd Little Rock and has been disqualified because a coach tested positive. The coach went to 2-3 independent testing sites in McLennan County and all three tests came back negative. Oklahoma nd another team have likewise been sent packing even though the independent tests came back negative. But that's ok, we can destroy the hopes and dreams of 12 year olds for the statistics of a bunch of 60 year olds and politicians lining their pockets with big pharma money after little or no proof either way.

After what I have suffered and am still suffering, would I take the shots again? My problems are better than a ventilator and ICU, but losing 20+ pounds and not sleeping leaves a lot to be desired. Taking the test two days before flying is annoying but a piece of cake.

I look back and count my blessing that when we were all forced to take the polio that is was a God send and there were few if any side effects. Next came the baby deformities caused by the drug I can neither pronounce nor spell. Is either Pfizer or Moderna falling into one of these categories. I'm old, and I've ask Pfizer to compensate me for being their lab rat, but no money has hit my account as yet.

• Like Like x 3
  23. erbutch

erbutch 500+ Posts

I like you SH remember taking the sugar cubes at elementary school. I also remember the horrible smallpox vaccine and the scar on the left shoulder. I am 74 and took the moderna vaccine and had no reactions(thank God). My kids did not and still have not. It is a personal decision and the world and government should accept and respect that.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

I respect my family doctor - he is very knowledgeable and professional, and believes in preventive medicine. He has taken excellent care of us for 17+ years now. When he told us to get the vaccine, we did. It was our choice to do so. I respect the view that each individual can make his own choice - but Karen and I followed the advice of a medical pro that we trust, and got the Pfizer shots (with no issues).

• Like Like x 1
  25. horninchicago

That's the thing. You won't hear me criticizing or questioning that.

Why are ******** questioning and now causing mandates for people like me? I had the stupid *** virus. Didn't die, much to the chagrin of some around here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

I actually think, in general, it shouldn't be forced/mandated. It's your choice.

But.. I also believe companies can mandate many things for their employees based on real business needs and safety reasons. I think businesses have that right. And the employees choose. Healthcare Orgs likely will. Vendors of those Healthcare Orgs likely will too if they go in to hospitals. Airlines, etc. It's just the way business works.

Its like free speech and employment. Free speech means the government can't arrest you. It doesn't mean an employer has to retain your services.

27. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

I got the Johnson vaccine due to being in a unique situation and it was to my advantage. I didn't fear the virus or the vaccine, but it was to my advantage to get it. No effects.

That said, my sister in law's uncle got the vaccine and 2 weeks later died of covid.

28. horninchicago

If my airline and CEO really cared about people, I would have heard from them when I had rona. Nope, crickets. Also, I suppose they would mandate diet and exercise for people. Heart disease kills more people than rona and our CEO has to be in the high risk group, I would think. So, they must care about us and want us to be healthy, right?

So, please, spare me, and I say that nicely lol. But, what they care about is not getting canceled and getting backlash from the media for not going along with this kind of crap.

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

I remember when this thread was about the DFW tailgate

• Winner Winner x 1
  30. horninchicago

Yep I screwed it up with my rant about my vaccine/testing policy at work. I didn't expect replies trying to explain it to me or make me feel guilty somehow by noting people who have succumbed to covid.

Back to the thread....