Did aggie actually play any quality teams

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by WhHorn, Jan 24, 2008.

1. WhHorn

WhHorn 250+ Posts

leading up to the Big XII? Maybe we are finally seeing the true aggy team for this year, not the top 10 ranking they held.

2. 4realhorn

4realhorn 500+ Posts

Ohio St., and Washington are decent teams. They also played and lost to Arizona.

3. Handler XIII

Handler XIII 1,000+ Posts

Baylor and KSU are good teams - KSU beat CU easily tonight in Boulder.

4. Orange Salad Ranch

Orange Salad Ranch 250+ Posts

They beat some decent "name" teams, but I don't think any if them were ranked. They played next to no road games with something like a 45 day stretch without having to leave College Station. I think they have a good team, but not as good as they all thought they were.

5. idigTexas

idigTexas 1,000+ Posts

I know things that are said on an internet message board don't have an impact on what happens on the field/court, but threads like this have a way of biting people in the ***. We still have yet to play aggy. When we do, we will see the true aggy team then. Maybe we will also see the real Horn team, whatever that may be.

I enjoy each and every loss that the ags suffer, but considering how shaky we have looked lately, I'm not going to go all Nelson Muntz on them.

6. idig, it's the circle of bbs life.

secondly, there is nothing wrong with the thread title. i think we all know a&m has a good team.. hell they had a good team the year before gillespie, but watkins didn't know how to use them.

a&m can still bite people in the ***. we all know it. but they're down, and kicking aggy when they're down is something every school in Texas likes to get on. it's a time to reflect and let them know they're back in their place.

7. p_town_horn

p_town_horn 1,000+ Posts

Another problem is that they played almost exclusively in Aggie or on a neutral court in a tourney. Once they went into some hostile atmospheres the wheels came off and they haven't gotten them back yet.