Did Obama Wiretap The Donald?

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by iatrogenic, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

MSM just asked Nunes if the intel reports he's seen (dozens) were political spying since Nunes stated they weren't connected to Russia investigation.

He basically said in part, "what I've seen really bothered me and I felt I had an obligation to brief the President". There was zero effort by Nunes to refute the accusation.

Reporter: Can we rule out Senior Obama officials were behind this?
    Nunes: No we can not (firmly stated)

This dude saw something serious and urgent in those intel reports. Said he briefed speaker and went straight to WH to inform DT after.

He summed it up as legal, incidental communications (dealing with FISA warrants, etc) which resulted in intel reports on the indirect subjects involved (mentioned unmasking).

Looks like intel left smoking guns by creating and sharing intel reports specifically on the illegally unmasked subjects they used incidental collection cover to gain intel on.

Once again, everyone bashes DT over preposterous claims and he's miles ahead.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Someone(s) is going to jail over this

• Like Like x 3
  4. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I'll believe that when I see it. I hope you're right though.

5. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

Same here, but what Nunes read contains clear evidence of crimes. The intel reports unmasked the names of U.S. citizens and were shared.

Finding and proving who did the unmasking is the difficult task, but it seems now there will be a serious investigation to find the culprits.

Several intel heads are due to testify in front of Nunes' committee very soon. With this new info they're about to have to go on record over this.

6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Did Obama ever admit that he weaponized the IRS and set them upon the Tea Party? No, he did not.

When Comey says, "I have seen no evidence that Obama ordered surveillance," how do we know how he is defining "evidence?"

If Obama called Lynch and said, "I want to surveill the Trump Campaign," would there be "evidence" of that? Almost certainly not.

If Obama called Comey and said, "I want to you tap Trump Tower," would there be "evidence" of that call? No.

Considering "surveillance" is what the IC does, how did they investigate Trump's purported "ties to Russia," without surveilling him?

Is lying, deception and secret operations part of the Intelligence Community's modus operandi? Of course.

Last, if the Intelligence Community can say, "Russia helped Trump because Putin hates Hillary," then we can say, "The Intelligence Community surveilled Trump because Obama hates Trump."

• Like Like x 1
  7. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

There was no doubt to Hilary's crimes either and look what happened there. Sorry but I'm cynical about high level dems actually paying for their crimes.

8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Thing is, there is a finite list of persons with access to this information. The possibilities are not infinite. So, it should be easy to quickly narrow that list down. Then you see who disseminated the classified info and to whom -- which is a felony (up to 10 years).

I always felt that Sandy Berger should have been sent to the pokey, and still do. But he never was. SO maybe you will be correct. We will see.

9. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

Not arguing with you on that conclusion. However, in this case 'intent' of unmasking (felony) is without question. And the evidence is already in the hands of House Intel.

But yes, will the wordplay spin doctors at intel do their best to cover their backside and skirt justice...absolutely.

At least the public will now be aware crimes were committed involving monitoring of DT and team during and after campaign. The MSM spin of absurd claims is toast.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

Whole lotta teeth in this...

Nunes said, “So first I recently confirmed that on numerous occasions, the intelligence community incidentally collected information about U.S. citizens involved in the Trump transition. Details about U.S. persons associated with the incoming administration, details with little or no apparent foreign intelligence value were widely disseminated in intelligence community reporting. Third, I have confirmed that additional names of Trump transition team members were unmasked. And fourth and finally I want to be clear, none of this surveillance was related to Russia or the investigation of Russian activities or of the Trump team.”

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This is the obfuscation Greenwald refers to \/

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Nunes says info was widely disseminated among Intel, that’s when it became “targeting Trump.”

So, does "Incidental Collection" + "Unmasking" + "Widely Disseminated" to IC = "tapping the wires" of Trump?

Nunes also stated he is "unsure if Director Comey FBI will comply" with request for additional information.
    Holy cow.

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

It appears we are close to being able to draw two conclusions --

(1) The Obama Admin was surveilling Trump's people (aka, tapping Trump's wires), and

(2) There is still ZERO evidence of any Trump/Russia wrongdoing.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

It's classic Lib playbook of round robin covering the crime trail.

Same deal with Clinton Foundation...do favors for this group, they'll donate to another, then that group will donate to your group.

At least here there's a smoking gun of actual crimes.

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Yesterday: There was no wiretapping

Today: Okay, but it wasn't incidental, .... incidental!
    (on this word, I visualize George Costanza screaming "Shrinkage, shrinkage!")

Tomorrow: ____________

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Here is Nunes

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I think the earlier testimony was that there was no FISA request directly related to Trump or Trump Tower
    So, it will be interesting to see, if this is correct, what it sought

• Like Like x 1
  18. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Did Nunes say this was legal?

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

So I guess Nunes has his own separate source
    Whistleblower?
    Or is it Rogers just doing his job?

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The collection was (so far as he's seen)
    But the unmasking and dissemination is clearly illegal

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Oh, look who sits on the Congressional Intelligence "Gang of Eight" holding oversight over all Intelligence Agencies.
    Isnt this nice
    Maybe Nunes should get a security detail?

[​IMG]

22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

And wait, there's more .........

23. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Could you elaborate on this?

24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Those are specific crimes

25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This part is also interesting -- Friday should be interesting -- I pray Nunes lives that long

26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

27. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I'm asking what specifically do you mean by "unmasking" and "dissemination".

28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

They cannot legally wiretap a US citizen without a warrant (4th A)
    But they can tap non-citizens overseas
    Obviously, US citizens can easily get caught up in those taps because of the two-way (or more) nature of those communications
    The NSA, by law, is supposed to redact (or "mask") the American's names/identities of the transcripts of those calls/communications.
    Here, there appear to be multiple failures to mask the US persons' identities. One example of this is what happened to Mike Flynn. But it sounds like more are involved.

Further, all intercepts of this type are classified (there may be nuance to the exact classification, but broadly, all of it is classified).
    Here, someone(s) released these transcripts (in what sounds like print outs of tapped communications). Released without prior, proper authorization. This is a felony.

For now, it sounds like the person(s) responsible are Obama holdovers. But we do not yet know for sure. From my perspective, it looks like they thought they could get away with it if they brought Trump down first, before the details of what they did came out. Which is what all this is about (I think). But they failed (I think of it as a failed soft coup). They took a big chance. And lost. And so now somebody (or somebodies) has to face the music for their crimes.

• Like Like x 3
  29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Adding to the intrigue, Nunes served as an adviser on Trump's transition team.
    So, it is quite possible that he just saw surveillance transcripts of himself.
    This might explain his slight agitation

30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Not a good look for Obama
    (+ someone is going to jail)
    Maybe this is why Obama escaped alone (no wife) to that clothing-optional island for a month?