Digital Photography Classes...

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by unpaintedhuffhines, Dec 12, 2007.

1. unpaintedhuffhines

unpaintedhuffhines 1,000+ Posts

bought my wife a Nikon D80 for christmas and would like to also buy some digital photo classes for her. I know that ACC has some classes but I'm more looking for a local photographer that holds classes.

anyone taken any of these classes or know someone?

gracias

2. dang-str8

dang-str8 1,000+ Posts

I took a couple of classes here in corpus, some cool, some lame. What I recommend is talking to the instructor to see what they focus on... Some deal a lot with the workup, or post picture stuff... Photoshop and things like that. You'd probably want a class that deals more with the camera settings and photoshoot technique.

3. brntorng

brntorng 2,500+ Posts

4. Puffer

Puffer 250+ Posts

are you looking for a class that will help her with the technical workings of the camera or classes focusing more on creative techniques for capturing images?

i took a digital photography class through UT's informal classes. I think it was 6 classes, once a week, in the Union, cost about $50. good mix b/w technical and creative. i thought it was helpful, i'll prob take the more advanced class soon.

precision camera (38th and Lamar) offers classes also, they are taught by a prof photographer, i think the class is $100 and lasts all day. prob more creative based, not for beginners.

personally, I've learned the most by reading and just working with my camera, trying different things.

5. unpaintedhuffhines

unpaintedhuffhines 1,000+ Posts

would like to start with camera settings, how to use the functions. Then move onto more creative stuff.

I found this girl online who actually teaches the Informal ClassesThe Link

while these classes seem to focus on the camera itself, she offers walking tours of Austin. This seems perfect.

thanks for all the info so far