Dinger in as Titans OC

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by mandingo, Jan 17, 2008.

1. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

2. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

Awesome. I really think this will be a boon to VY's productivity. [​IMG]

3. IcyHotStunta

IcyHotStunta 100+ Posts

Not really anything to be jazzed about. Seems like he was hired only because he worked with Steve McNair, who was maybe the most handcuffed QB relative to skill in the NFL in late-90s and early-2000s.

This seems like a move that will make VY become a "smarter" player, but not necessarily one that will allow him to reach his potential.

You just don't spend the #3 pick on a QB to "manage games".

4. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

Well, he did OC Mcnair to a Co-MVP year.

5. IcyHotStunta

IcyHotStunta 100+ Posts

The Titans didn't win because of McNair or the offense. They won in spite of it.

6. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

7. DJDJAJGJ

DJDJAJGJ 250+ Posts

Mike Heimerdinger - the next scapegoat for Longhorn fans whenever VY struggles.

8. eflow24

eflow24 1,000+ Posts

VY will be a great NFL Qb and this should be a step to help him do that. Norm Chow was not the guy.

9. Root4UT

Root4UT 25+ Posts

I heard on the radio (either the Zone or 1530) that Randall Cunningham could be joining the Titans staff as well. No idea how much substance this has, but that would be great for VY. Did anybody else hear this?

10. Roger35

Roger35 2,500+ Posts

11. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

Has Randall been coaching?

He went through the same "square peg in a round hole" bs Vince has been going through. I would think he could help a lot.

12. fishy

fishy 100+ Posts

13. Michael Knight

Michael Knight 1,000+ Posts

Man someone really doesn't like Mcnair

14. Eastwood22

Eastwood22 250+ Posts

15. MusicCityMiracle

MusicCityMiracle < 25 Posts

Heimerdinger did a great job with McNair. McNair was handcuffed before Dinger got here but not after. The offense really opened up. McNair threw for 2847, 3350, 3387 and 3215 yards in Dinger's 4 years in Tennessee.

The Randall Cunningham rumor has no truth to it.

16. Mikeinthebox

Mikeinthebox 100+ Posts

McNair was amazing. Managed a game with brilliance, knew how to run an offense and had great numbers doing it. This guy Dinger is apparantly pretty tough. He will not tolerate the kind of ball-dropping/route running they experienced this year, nor will he tolerate bad play at the QB position. He runs a boot camp style of off-season, and they should be looking pretty good coming into next year. I don't like the Titans, but I like Vince.

17. MusicCityMiracle

MusicCityMiracle < 25 Posts

18. HoosierHorn

HoosierHorn 500+ Posts

I don't care who becomes the OC. They need hands, route runners, and a deep threat. If they don't upgrade their receivers, they will continue to have bad offensive output.

When the first two plays of the playoffs result in dropped balls, your offense is in trouble.

Matt Leinart and Carson Palmer aren't throwing to Roydell Williams, Justin Gage, and an old Eric Moulds who had just been cut by the Texans.

19. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Randall Cunningham would be nice to have on staff because he seems like the QB of the past that Vince most resembles. In spite of all the Vick comparisons, their playing styles aren't all that alike except that they both are/were good runners. Well, Jim Brown and Tony Dorsett were both good runners too.

20. Mr.Wizard

Mr.Wizard 1,000+ Posts

Good, maybe he will be coached instead of babied next season.

21. DJDJAJGJ

DJDJAJGJ 250+ Posts

22. fishy

fishy 100+ Posts