DJ may have played his last down

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by texas_ex2000, Dec 8, 2016.

1. texas_ex2000

texas_ex2000 2,500+ Posts

Ruptured achilles tendon in tonight's game.

He's the Cheifs' all-time tackler and is still probably their best defensive player. He had another achilles injury a few years ago and was nursing a hamstring. 12 years is a long-time to being the baddest m'fin linebacker on the field.

Get better #11!

• Like Like x 6
  2. Olehornfan

Olehornfan 2,500+ Posts

I saw him go down untouched. I think they said he already has had surgery on the same heel. Too bad.

Do not know if there is a difference between a rupture and a complete tear so:

Chiefs LB Derrick Johnson suffers complete tear of Achilles tendon. Per ESPN

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  3. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

One of my all time favorites, so many memories of him running players down from behind and stripping the ball with a tomahawk chop tackle. Best wishes for quick recovery.

4. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

That really sucks! Yes it's probably the end of his career at his age. Maybe he can come back to UT and be a LB coach someday.

5. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Best to you DJ. An all time favorite.

6. Mr. Fiesta

Mr. Fiesta 1,000+ Posts

I could tell he knew what happened by the way he threw his helmet. Tough for DJ and tough for the Chiefs...

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  7. Mesohorny

Mesohorny 1,000+ Posts

Collinsworth was correct in last night's game when he said the Raidahs were able to mount their comeback after the best KC defender left with his injury. DJ has been a great player for a long time, he'll be missed.

:hookem:

8. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

Sad to hear! He is one of the best linebackers UT history and an all time great professional player. Best of luck DJ!

9. Desperado

Desperado 1,000+ Posts

I was watching when it happened. You knew the second he went down he knew what it meant. The rest of this season is gone for sure but I have to think he was wondering if that was his last play ever. One of the greatest UT defensive players of all time. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

10. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Well, there is Eric Berry....

11. bck031

bck031 1,000+ Posts

12. p_town_horn

p_town_horn 1,000+ Posts

Get better DJ

:hookem:

13. orangeblack&gold

orangeblack&gold 500+ Posts

Terrible to watch that last night. He's in my Top 11 for all-time D for my Horns and I sure hope he gets to play again next season.

14. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Was so saddened to see that for him. He is one UT's best LB's for sure and probably the best ever for the Chiefs. Hope for successful surgery and complete healing.

15. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

As much as I like DJ, E. J. Holub is probably considered the best LB to play for the Chiefs by their fans.

16. OldHippie

OldHippie 2,500+ Posts

As I remember Holub (Tech) played along side Sherrill Hedrick (TCU) during the early years as the Dallas Texans. That was a great pair of LB's.

• Like Like x 1
  17. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

No doubt, Holub was beast and one of if not the best that ever played LB for the Chiefs.

18. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Bad injury, especially for an older veteran. What ever he decides to do, I wish him the best of luck and success!