DKR permanent capacity 93,000+

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by Texas Jack, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Texas Jack

Texas Jack 1,000+ Posts

That is what Dodds reported in his last interview. I know it's not an exact number but it is closer than anything to date.

Also reported: All suites have sold out, club seating and chairback seats are nearly sold out. We've still got 8 months before the season starts.I'm thinking that the bleechers are coming back for sure.

Be prepared for 100,000 at opening day.

The Link

2. madscientist

madscientist 1,000+ Posts

i've been prepared for 100K since the first demo worker walked into the horseshoe. nice to see that its actually a possibility.

3. Truck's Son

Truck's Son 500+ Posts

Hopefully all the seats will be occupied and not just sold. [​IMG]

4. we have a nice home slate this season. i expect seats to be filled.

5. OrangeRB

OrangeRB 500+ Posts

Predictions for the game with Piggy? What a great tailgaiting day that will be!!!

96,386 for Piggy

[​IMG]

6. aflatoon

aflatoon 25+ Posts

Has aggy announced plans to right-size the seats at Kyle yet?

7. mop

mop 2,500+ Posts

if you add the normal overage of 4000 or so over the official capacity and add 6000 (?) south endzone seats, that would put it at close to 103,000.........is that the 4th largest stadium in the nation?

8. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

Pretty cool if 93,000 is the official # b/c that would make it the 5th largest in the nation. Of course if you add the bleachers in you can approach or exceed 100k. Obviously that doesn't count as official capacity though.

9. Lat22

Lat22 1,000+ Posts

10. rickysrun

rickysrun 2,500+ Posts

11. Orange Salad Ranch

Orange Salad Ranch 250+ Posts

12. wherzwaldo

wherzwaldo 1,000+ Posts

13. King Dusty

King Dusty 100+ Posts

Anyone heard yet where the visitor sections will be? They sure as hell better not be in the east upper deck on the 40 yard line again this year. I'm sure it won't happen, but splitting them in the last sections on the sout-east and south-west sides would be best (or temp. bleachers if they are there).

14. Texas Jack

Texas Jack 1,000+ Posts

15. TexasRepublic

TexasRepublic 25+ Posts

About the sellouts, you have to take into account that many of the douche bag students vacate their seats in order to improve their position in the stands. Then you get the lower sections filling to over capacity and many students having to stand sideways or worse; one cheeking it at the end of a row. This is part of the reason why we have sellouts with the stands not looking completely full. I being a former douche bag student myself and having done this on several occasions cannot fault them entirely.

16. SWHorn

SWHorn 500+ Posts

I had to explain this to someone in my section this year who couldn't understand why the South Endzone and Section 32 were so empty.

From the West Side, you can look at the student sections around 26 and see how jam packed they are.

Have y'all ever sat in Section 32? I'd move, too, if I could.

17. deehorn

deehorn < 25 Posts

DKR expansion information LINK BELOW:

The Link

18. doylehargraves

doylehargraves 500+ Posts

FAU won the Sun Belt last season and beat the crap out of Memphis in their bowl game. They'd do the the same to Baylor and Rice.

19. capitalcity

capitalcity 100+ Posts

I would figure after last year, people would be done discounting directional Florida schools.

20. SMDhorn

SMDhorn 250+ Posts

They may make the south endzone seats semi-permanent, as in, they may have an actual structure that is easy to take down when they decide to upgrade the south endzone.

21. LonghorninAustin

LonghorninAustin 1,000+ Posts

I'm for putting the visitors in Section 32 and in the corners of 101 and 109. And please put the Longhorn Band in the north endzone. I've got great seats in Section 30 and can't hear them.

22. sessamoid

sessamoid 500+ Posts

23. gkp

gkp 500+ Posts

Games with Rice are scheduled far in advance. It makes money because Texas fills so many seats in Houston. Just think though, this could have been a Major Applewhite coached team coming in this year. Think that would draw a crowd?

24. TexasTower

TexasTower 500+ Posts

25. Longhorny630

Longhorny630 1,000+ Posts

26. madscientist

madscientist 1,000+ Posts

pc, how many of those teams do you think would jump at the opportunity to fly down to austin for one game without a return from us? or do you expect belmont to give up a home game and all of its revenue to spend money to travel to any of those places?

27. happy fun ball

happy fun ball 100+ Posts

Exactly, I would be surprised if any of those teams would do a one offer in Austin. Maybe we should have done a home and home with Tulane though. Not bad for recruiting, and I had a lot of fun in Nola last time we did that.

28. kgp

kgp 1,000+ Posts

Re our game against FAU:
    I agree that it probably looked like a crap game when scheduled. I hope that BeLL
    mont schedules better in the future than they looked in the past.

As for the upcoming season, FAU doesn't look half bad for a noncon filler. Also, the point about them is not that they are better because other schools would not agree to a h&h-- FAU is better because they give us an unreciprocated home game (try asking Wisconsin for that).

As I mentioned above, I understand that a lot of this is serendipity, but I find it hard to imagine a better way to fill out most (I like one great tOSU-like opponent, too) of our noncon sched than with home games against bowl-winning opponents who don't expect a return trip.

29. sessamoid

sessamoid 500+ Posts

No BCS conference team is going to come here without a return visit.

As to the idea of only have 6 home games next year: how about if we just leave the north end zone unfinished like it is? This athletic department doesn't run on smiles, hugs, and good intentions. It runs on cash. Which non-revenue sport would you like to go tell their athletes that we can't afford them next year because some fans aren't happy with our football OOC schedule?

OU scheduled a IAA team (and a bad one at that) with their empty slot in 2008, but I don't hear anybody here berating them about it.

30. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

It's arguable that the 2005 tOSU game pulled our team together so that they would be at their best for the remainder of the season, propelling them to the national championship.

That said, I'm all for scheduling pansies. If we need to play a good nonconference team to get ready to play the rest of the season, then something's sorely lacking in the motivation department. This is Texas fuckin Football, not Bellmead H.S. getting prepped for the big homecoming game.

Would we really have been ranked as low as KU if we had finished the season 11-1 with our only loss to, say, OU or Missouri? Hell no. We're Texas. Bring on the UNT's and NMSU's and ULL's of the world. I like blowouts.