Do aggies watch basketball?

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by past_coach, Jan 19, 2011.

1. past_coach

past_coach 25+ Posts

Maybe two of them watch. There is 22 pages of how they are getting screwed by the refs. With 3 minutes left the foul totals are ags 20 UT 18. Wow. How can they stand for this travesty?

2. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

There was one stretch early in the first half in which aggy was whistled for six fouls in about a minute. Turgeon then had a few choice words for the refs and got T'ed up.

The officials were obviously calling it close. Most teams realize this and immediately adjust their play. aggy, however, rides a more relaxed learning curve.

I expect aggy will play a lot better in the rematch 10 days from now. They are, in my opinion, a bit of a paper tiger and our 'Horns proved it today.

3. utempire

utempire 1,000+ Posts

Do they play many division II opponents and all at home? Yes they do. Their schedule is a joke. They have a fairly good team but they should be ranked maybe around #20 at best with that cream puff schedule. We have played MSU, Uconn, Pitt, Illinois, UNC. They played Washington, Temple, and Boston College. We beat them down tonight.

4. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Think these same aggy posters complained about the 18 penaties called against Nebraska and only 2 against them?

5. TexasGolf

TexasGolf 2,500+ Posts

a post for texags regarding TT cramp or hyper-extended leg

"I hope he broke his ***** leg"

6. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

7. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

8. BevoNation

BevoNation 500+ Posts

My Aggy coworker said that a lot of Ags have jumped on to the basketball bandwagon; given the relative lack of success for their football team and relative successful for the basketball team it makes a lot of sense.

Edit: He's definitely not getting out of this epic beat down unscathed though. [​IMG]

9. gdu

gdu 1,000+ Posts

Funny. I had never met an Aggie basketball fan until about 5 years ago.

10. busterbrown16

busterbrown16 1,000+ Posts

The Aggie basketball players were just playing stupid during the 1st 10 minutes. They were grabbing Texas players off of every pick. Most of the time that is called, sometimes the refs let it slide. If it is called (which it should be), players will adjust and not out and out grab players as they run off a pick. Aggie basketball players decided to take a different approach and continue to grab Texas players and commit obvious fouls.

If anything, the refs were trying to make up for this stretch of calls throughout the remainder of the half and there were some ticky-tack fouls called on Texas players.

Not complaining by any stretch, but the last thing Aggies should be upset about is the refs. I would be more upset that your team just got powned and bent over on national TV.

11. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

12. Septimus

Septimus 250+ Posts

13. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin