Do yall really believe

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Denmark, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Denmark

Denmark 500+ Posts

that Ash is the answer. I'm not trying to flame or go after one player, but the team just seamed to show more spark when McCoy was in, much of the time anyway. He basically won the a$m game and then got benched? I don't get to see much game footage, but I was at the ou game and left at the half it was so bad. Why not try the others now that we've scored 3 TD's in the last 4 qtrs vs the worst teams in the country.

2. Broken Spoke

Broken Spoke 100+ Posts

All I know is that our coaching staff is not the answer.

3. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

He's definitely having a very bad day so far.

4. RJDriver

RJDriver 100+ Posts

5. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Ash, McCoy or any other QB in the country can't fix Mack and Manny.
    Ash ain't the problem.

6. 93ex

93ex 100+ Posts

I understand what you are saying, but McCoy got benched because he turned the ball over numerous times against Baylor one week after the A&M game. His biggest asset was that he took care of the ball. The Baylor game probably ruined his chance for being the full time QB. I do think Ash is a better player. As poorly as Ash has played today, it's not all on him. We've dropped several easy passes and the D still can't tackle or stop the run. The D is our biggest problem. Get that fixed and we would be a completely different team.

7. Bevo-Stevo

Bevo-Stevo 1,000+ Posts

Don't forget....this is Kansas. They routinely make good QB's look pathetic week-in and week-out.

Oh wait.....I meant Kansas State. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Denmark

Denmark 500+ Posts

But we've only scored 14 on KU and 28 the last 6 qtrs against bad competition? I know the D is dreadful!

9. Denmark

Denmark 500+ Posts

Who won the game [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Case definitely had it today and saved Texas from a super ugly loss that instead is just a really ugly win.

11. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

12. 93ex

93ex 100+ Posts

13. horn4jc

horn4jc 1,000+ Posts

Ash had a bad game, but I don't think we need to bench him permanently. Also, the play calling was horrible as Mack again wanted to establish that power running game when the edges were available all game long. Plus, the D was horrible once again!

14. Hornmud

Hornmud 25+ Posts

Did Case save Mack's job.

15. georgecostanza

georgecostanza NBHorn7’s Protégé

Ash wasn't on today, but I'm not sure we sit him full time yet. Whoever was calling plays (Mack) wasn't having his best day either. It wasn't until McCoy was in that the playcalling changed at all.

16. WashU-Horn

WashU-Horn 500+ Posts

Ash IS part of the problem. He reads/reacts very slow and isn't particularly accurate. He is NOT a good QB. Period.

Case doesn't have the tools to make some throws and to make his throws look pretty but he knows where to get the ball and the team fights for him.

I will take Case for the remainder of the season and Ash also seeing PT in each game.

17. CanaTigers

CanaTigers 2,500+ Posts

Don't get too giddy over Case. He threw a ball directly to a KU player that was dropped. If it had not been that was ball game.

18. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

this reminds me of the applewhite/simms debate. simms clearly had more athletic potential but applewhite far surpassed him in leadership skills. The team responded better to Major and it appears to Case.

It bothers me that halfway through the season the coaches were talking about how such and such a performance was good for ash's confidence. That tells me he doesn't have any.

McCoy doesn't have an adequate arm but he has more confidence than Napoleon. I think he can beat weak teams but how about the good ones? Being willing to attack Moscow with a bucket of frozen spit is fine if nobody much is fighting back. Against OU or KState or even maybe Tech, you get your head removed. Though that may happen with Ash as well.

Defending the coaches is not in vogue right now, but they see the guys in practice and watch the tape more intelligently than most of us I suspect and I will continue to trust their judgment. Some.

19. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

Ash should remain as starter, but Brown needs to make changes sooner in games when the QB is having an off day. He waited way too long today and should have paid for it with a loss. Kudos to Case for saving the day despite Brown.

20. Burnt Orangeman

Burnt Orangeman 1,000+ Posts

I anxously await Mr. Hpslugga's opinion.

I personally think bench will make Ash a better quarterback than rewarding failure. And it sends the wrong message to the team and the villagers with pitchforks if you don't.

21. WestGAHorn

WestGAHorn 500+ Posts

As someone posted earlier, really nice of harsin to start getting the ball to the play makers when Case comes in. where were these ******* calls when Ash was in? Ash was off but that also had something to do with the dropped passes. Regardless, getting the ball to Daje, DJ and MG a total of 3 times through 3 quarters is pathetic. Play calling the first 3 quarters was laughable. The ONLY positive through 3 was seeing JGray top 100 yards

22. REALBIGHORNFAN

REALBIGHORNFAN 250+ Posts

Ash = Football Body
    McCoy = Football Brain

23. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Ash is not this team's problem. If only that were the issue.

This team has deep problems. A four point win over ku should tell you that, especially after the last three weeks.

24. Denmark

Denmark 500+ Posts

So 2 posts about Case, and all CanaT and Stat can say in both posts is Case should have thrown a pick. Maybe so, I didn't see it, but afterall when was the last time he threw a pass in a game? Also, how 'bout calling him a playmaker for the 4th and 6 pass? What's more relavent, something that should have happened or something that happened?

Who led the drive to tie 14-14, I can't find that anywhere?

Also people claim that the play calling changed when Case came in? Maybe Case made better reads or maybe the O coaches have more confidence in Case??? I don't know.

25. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer 1,000+ Posts

You must have been watching a Liverpool game when ash completed a 4th and 8 at game's end versus Ok St. There is no way in hell Ash should get replaced for the stork. Good spot replacement today - ash didn't have it. Watch more games dude.

26. Burnt Orangeman

Burnt Orangeman 1,000+ Posts

Does anybody really believe Ash would have scored 2 touchdowns and won the game?

I'd like to have some of what you're smoking if you do.

27. Denmark

Denmark 500+ Posts

Why Rex, I was right behind you on the way out of the Cotton Bowl. I had my #60 jersey on and felt embarrased about having a D jersey at that game!

28. Joe2005

Joe2005 500+ Posts

Case now has 4 drives this season and 4 touchdowns. 2 in garbage time, and 2 in very real time. Both times he's been in, he's looked far superior to Ash.

29. Denmark

Denmark 500+ Posts

Was Case in on the last 2 TDs? If so, in our worst 2 games of the year Case has lead us to 27 of our 42 pts?b

30. Hookem123

Hookem123 1,000+ Posts