Do you remember Austin (back in the good old days)?

Discussion in 'Cactus Cafe' started by Dionysus, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Jeffrey's has been around a long time

2. DrRad

DrRad 250+ Posts

In the early 60s, our family friend Benny (H Y Benedict Jr to drop a name) took me and my wife to be (now over 50 yrs married) to the Hoffbrau-said it was the place to go.

We also used to go to Moore Burger (remember we were collge kids in the 60s) which I believe was at the corner of Gualalupe and west 29th.

• Like Like x 1
  3. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Remember eating at Night Hawk on the Drag with my Dad many times after games in the mid 60's - early 70's.... gawd I miss those seemingly innocent times.

Remember also being a Schlotsky's sandwich junkie when they first opened in the early 70's... still am!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Since I got here in '88 I suppose I'm on your team. I got to experience a lot of what's in the video. I even docked at the pier and at a burger. Pretty cool back then with all the old Austin things. Now everything's being torn down to build new shiny things. I don't particularly care for all of the changes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

The GM Steakhouse #5 on the drag. In the mid 70's My buddy would go there every Thursday after class to have a steak.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  6. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

“I’ll have a cheeseburger cut the cheese.”

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1