Dodds says it's goodbye to AM...

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by accuratehorn, Sep 21, 2011.

1. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

Actually he said the Big 12 will be saved, the series with A&M is not salvageable, and the LHN monies are not negotiable.
    per AAS online, front page.
    It strongly appears this year's game with aggy will be the last...unless Baylor's lawyers hogtie them for a few years.

2. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

As long as the Big 12 can be saved and it can maintain its status as a BCS AQ conference, Baylor doesn't give a **** what Texas A&M does.

3. GabeRocksSocks

GabeRocksSocks 1,000+ Posts

We're going to beat the **** out of A&M. Their last *** whooping will be at the hands of the brother of Cart McCry.

4. runvincerun

runvincerun 100+ Posts

^^^^This!

5. Texas___Fight

Texas___Fight 2,500+ Posts

Dodds to Boren

[​IMG]

6. aggressor

aggressor 100+ Posts

Have fun with that home schedule next year, filling 100k in DKR with Mizzou as your feature game should be interesting. Whenever you are done with your temper tantrum A&M will be ready to play you anytime, anywhere.

Oh, and I wouldn't be too sure about beating a Top 10 A&M team at Kyle that beat you at DKR last year. Just get ready to have as your last memory of the rivalry streaming out of Kyle to chants of "SEC, SEC" while you tell yourselves that we weren't worthy of you. I would also double the guard on Bevo, never know when some crazy Aggie might visit with a branding iron to give you something to remember us by. I don't endorse such activity of course.

7. humahuma

humahuma 1,000+ Posts

Weak smack ag. Take your ball and go to the SEC good luck.

8. BigVegasHorn26

BigVegasHorn26 250+ Posts

^^ Bitter much? You pick up your ball and run, but now you want us to still play with you? Give me a break. I thought you were off to greener pastures...why are you still here?

9. Gone To Texas

Gone To Texas 500+ Posts

10. Dirty Martin

Dirty Martin 500+ Posts

The only thing that will change in our home schedule is that, thankfully, aggy will not appear on it every other year.

We sell 100,000 tickets for every game. That will continue. aggy can't fill an 80,000 seat tackle box.

11. Tri-Stone

Tri-Stone 25+ Posts

12. Pentaconta

Pentaconta 1,000+ Posts

13. aggressor

aggressor 100+ Posts

I'm just going off the quote from Loftin. Personally I don't care if we play on the LHN in Austin as it would further illustrate how Texas will throw their conference partners under the bus and leave money on the table. After all, your return trip to CS will be on the SEC Network as all SEC home games are branded.

14. Tri-Stone

Tri-Stone 25+ Posts

15. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

I doubt this year's contest with A&M will be the last ever. Forever is a very long time. In the early 1910s Texas and A&M were at odds and didn't schedule each other from 1912 to 1914; the formation of the Southwest Conference brought the two back together. I bet we'll play A&M at some point eventually, and we'll see them about as often as we see Arkansas.

But this breakup does mean the end of UT/A&M as a major rivalry. UT/A&M is a lame duck rivalry. Texas no longer has two major rivals. Oklahoma is now solidified as UT's one and only major rival. A&M is now a "minor rival," in the same tier as Tech, Baylor, and Arkansas (especially Arkansas, as they are "a team we used to play").

16. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

17. 1leggedduck

1leggedduck 1,000+ Posts

It's terrible how Arkansas takes all those Texas kids who just want to play in the SEC. No, wait, when they went to the SEC and stopped playing Texas, they no longer could recruit very well in Texas. How abou that? So Aggy would have been better if they had stayed, just like Arkansas.

18. Mesohorny

Mesohorny 1,000+ Posts

19. lanceut

lanceut 250+ Posts

This is by far the best news that has come from this conference saga. [​IMG]

20. HI_McDunnough

HI_McDunnough 500+ Posts

Aggy has one good year in the Big 12 and now he is talking ****. That is sooooooooooooo aggy.

Have fun getting your teeth kicking in on a regular basis out in dog patch...

21. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

22. Whiterock Horn

Whiterock Horn 1,000+ Posts

23. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

Five or six years from now, when both teams have a mediocre year, they'll stick us playing each other in the Cotton Bowl, and it'll be all memory lane for a weekend.

24. aggressor

aggressor 100+ Posts

Who am I trying to convince? Sorry if I don't buy the line that your schedule with Iowa State, Baylor, Wyoming, Mizzou and the like makes it too difficult to continue the 3rd longest rivalry in college football against the Tier 1 University 90 miles away that plays in the SEC. It certainly isn't a financial decision. It certainly isn't because the series hasn't been even over the last 35 years. To quote Ketch "There has to be some price for betraying the king." That sounds like a temper tantrum to me.

25. Branyon

Branyon 500+ Posts

"Personally I don't care if we play on the LHN in Austin as it would further illustrate how Texas will throw their conference partners under the bus and leave money on the table."

This from a supporter of the school which rejected Texas' offer to form a Lone Star network, which voted for unequal revenue sharing among conference members, which accepted an outsized share of the CU and NU exit fees while OU and UT declined them and which exited the conference one year after committing to it and its members.

ATM and its "leadership" are nothing but a bunch of disingenous hypocrites who revealed ATM to be an institution without honor.

26. atxbomber

atxbomber 1,000+ Posts

27. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

28. Gone To Texas

Gone To Texas 500+ Posts

Nice summary from Branyon.

Yes, next year's home schedule is ******: Wyoming, New Mexico, Iowa St, Baylor, Missouri. But why would we want to make it even shittier by inviting a 6- or 7-loss aggy team from the SEC West basement to Austin?

29. Texas___Fight

Texas___Fight 2,500+ Posts

30. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts