Dodds says it's goodbye to AM...

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by accuratehorn, Sep 21, 2011.

1. fishy

fishy 100+ Posts

aggressor,

Did you just say your backup Thanksgiving weekend game could be OU? Please tell me you just had a brain fart and meant to type vandy.

2. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

Let's see...LHN or aggy. I'll take LHN, goodbye aggy. Enjoy your regular *** beatings. You'll be in some big games fo sho. They just won't be bowl games. bwahahahahahaha

3. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

told a BAMA fan about the aggy and he was [​IMG]

they will be looked on as the freaks that they are by a group that has no idea what is about to hit town...

4. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

5. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

6. westexas

westexas 250+ Posts

Good bull, real red ***, whoop

7. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

Aggy take your t-day tradition to the SEC and see who is available in the SEC west.

Maybe it will be on SEC 3rd tier regional.

8. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

For never having to sit next to, never having to read on our threads, never having to be exposed to the type of idoits responding from colley station on this board,...thank you, DeLoss Dodds. You are doing the right thing.

9. jdelatorre

jdelatorre 500+ Posts

The SEC is causing themselves massive headaches to add A&M as a 13th Team and it isn't because it is some backwards school full of hicks.

No it's because the SEC wants your TV market and all your recruits while the big guns (RTR, WDE, Florida, LSU, even Tenn piggy and UGa) will consider you an easy win.
    The fact that you are backward school filled with a bunch of hicks will just be a little extra suprise for them.

10. Dovey317

Dovey317 250+ Posts

11. KazooMan

KazooMan 250+ Posts

And I will not miss them marching up Congress Avenue, either.

Let them try that **** on Bear Bryant Avenue at the University of Alabama, and the swords and jack-booted thugs will not be enough to protect the kiddie corps.

I do disagree about the "half-full tackle box," at least the first year or two.

SEC fans travel well, and all of those unused aggy tickets will get snapped up by the visitors each week. At least until they see Collie Station - the second visit to the Dixie Chicken may not seem quite so enticing.

Go away, little brother. You're like the kid that still wants to hang around big brother when big brother starts dating. You are no longer part of the picture. You just don't realize how stupid you look when you are told you can't go to the movie and you start crying about life being unfair. We don't care.

12. georgecostanza

georgecostanza NBHorn7’s Protégé

13. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

Funny. A&M has been so desperate to hookup with the southern states and form new alliances and conference games.Yet here they are still dwelling on UT and the Big 12.Hard feelings are on both sides of this, else this whole thing with A&M to the SEC would not even be happening. Aggies need to owe up to the facts and end the dysfunctional dialog.

If Baylor, Tech, OU or Texas were to schedule a game with A&M anytime soon, and I mean in years, they would be the laughing stock of the region.

Baylor
    . Do you honestly think they would even consider? Including basketball.

Tech
    . Same. Raiders would not want them in town, and why drive 500 miles and be their guests?

OU
    . Maybe if they're sadistic and just want to beat up on someone. But I doubt Stoops would...stoop that low.

Texas
    . First no one in his right mind would make the trip to their venue. Second, invite that group to Austin and "host" them? Ask them to come as our guests? After their Bow-Tied "f**k you" to the conference?

Let's wait and ask this question after the season... after A&M has played Ok-State, Baylor, OU ,Tech and Texas. Wait until after those games have been played.

Besides if Texas wanted to book an SEC team, why not book a game with "one of the big boys" as A&M's Sharp referred to them. I'd much prefer booking a game with Florida. I think there are no real hard feelings with Will. Maybe Mack and Dodds have started talking about a future home-and-home. Same idea for Auburn. Their coach and Will were both DC's here. It could make sense. I pick those two schools. Florida and Auburn.

Also, A&M is not really SEC. They're so new it's now like they are a real SEC team. I'd rather book with a coaching relationship. Even Georgia. Or, Mississippi State? Maybe even Alabama.

You know, a clever "dig" at A&M would be to spend the next 20-30 years with frequent home-and-home NC games with various SEC schools... but never with A&M. !! [​IMG]

14. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

15. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

As Colin Cowherd said on ESPN radio, aggie will mount a horse, ride over to the SEC and be even less relevant than they are now. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

17. PropositionJoe

PropositionJoe 2,500+ Posts

18. ShinerTX

ShinerTX 1,000+ Posts

Aggy, just go away. You are an embarrassment.

19. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

20. slipreerock83

slipreerock83 100+ Posts

Hpslugga.... you da man! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

21. aggressor

aggressor 100+ Posts

You guys really do live in your own little world where you imagine that college football revolves around the axis of Austin. Interesting for a school that just got rejected by the ACC and Pac 12 because of the LHN. You also seem to elevate all of the other B12 schools (esp OU) that right now can't get into any of the Big 4 Conferences without Texas going along without the LHN. No, it is the Aggies that are worthless, in spite of the fact the SEC is adding us and creating a 13 team league. Recent success in winning at football is actually not even that important, it's really about the foundation and structure of the school and their future ability to win and draw fans. Lots of schools can get on a roll, having the ability to sustain interest is an entirely different subject.

I'm just adding some objectivity to your emotional rants about A&M and trying to convince yourselves we are insignificant and few of you have any desire to argue any of those points rationally. It especially cracks me up how you call A&M selfish and childish when it has followed every procedure with the B12 bylaws to the letter and then some in it's withdrawal. Yet at the same time you think it is completely fine for Texas to flirt with every conference in the country. A&M has one contract in relation to the Big 12 and that is the charter. It didn't sign any special deal last year. All it did was agree to give the Big 12 another chance provided there were some changes and those changes haven't occurred, in fact the league has become completely unstable. In case your memory is failing you, Texas is the one who started this when they tried to get A&M and others to go to the Pac 12. Yet somehow we are the bad guy because we had no interest in playing Washington State on a regular basis.

A&M is a Tier 1 School and a member of the AAU. It is #19 amongst public schools (Texas is #13). It has the 4th largest endowment of any public university. It has a Top 5 undergrad enrollment (bigger than Texas). It has finished in the Top 10 of the Sears Cup the last 2 years and won 4 National Titles last year. It competes in 20 sports and is ranked in 16 of them. It was rated by the NYT recently to be the #6 school in the country in terms of size of fanbase. One of my favorite analogies on here seems to be that A&M is in debt or broke because they borrowed money a few years back to pay for some facilities. Of course, Texas has over $200 million in such debt. It's like saying you are broke because you didn't buy your house for cash. A&M runs a profitable AD that runs comfortably in the black and will go to the SEC with more financial resources than any school except Florida. Yet you try to act like we are OU or worse Texas Tech? And we are delusional?

Texas certainly owns the all time series with A&M but most of those games occurred prior to scholarship limitations in 1971. In the 36 years since then A&M holds a 19-17 series lead, better than OU against Texas in the same time period. The '00s were a rough decade for A&M without question and hiring Fran was a huge mistake but it is no different than when A&M won 10 of 11 against Texas in the 80's and '90s. I also find it funny that you fired a few coaches during that time that beat up on your "rival" OU but couldn't beat your "non rival" A&M. At the same time you claim the Texas game is everything to A&M but have no rebuttal as to why we fired our last coach after he beat Texas twice in a row. The irony to me is people will also act as if A&M is insignificant because of the Fran years and yet they forget that Fran left Alabama to coach at A&M and Bama was furious about it. If A&M is so irrelevant how could it pull that off?

If you think A&M fans overall are distraught about losing the Texas game you are also delusional. If you go to any Aggie site you will find many that don't want to play you, a majority that are ambivalent, and a few that really want the series to continue. Kind of like here. Personally I just think it is best for everyone to continue the series and that is why I am subjecting myself to the abuse on this board. It's an ingrained part of the culture of both schools and the state itself. It's also going to be more fun with both teams in different conferences imo. Both schools can find replacements but none are as intriguing. I also think Texas is delusional in assuming that it will be easy to get a Top Tier replacement. OU is the only other significant school left in the B12 and you play them midseason. No SEC school will play you in part because they already have rivalry games but also because it would an insult to A&M and they actually care about that kind of thing there. ND already turned you down. All the Big 10 schools already have rivalry games except Nebraska and I would say it is more likely that Rice wins the NC before Tom Osbourne schedules Texas or even picks up a call from Dodds. USC already plays either ND or UCLA. So it looks like Tech, the 3rd Tier school to the West that has garbage facilities and can't even get into a BCS conference without Texas. You can say that is a better game than A&M all you want but the world will be laughing at you.

22. TEASIP84

TEASIP84 500+ Posts

23. PropositionJoe

24. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

25. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

26. PropositionJoe

27. HI_McDunnough

HI_McDunnough 500+ Posts

Aggy

I find it delusional that you would consider agricultural and mechanical a "Top Tier" program. Your record in the Big 12 since its inception has been anything but "Top Tier." Texas will easily find a replacement for you. Maybe we can even find a team that usually finishes better than 5th or 6th historically in their own division.

28. johnnyg88

johnnyg88 500+ Posts

Looks like the only meeting of these two schools will be on this blog for the next 100 years...boy...this is gonna get old.

29. aggressor

aggressor 100+ Posts

Hps,

Wow you are awesome debater. You take one or two points in a lengthy and fact filled post. Twist them beyond recognition to mean something else which you then argue with yourself against and then start with the insults and emotion.

In the meantime, here is some love for Texas from the LA Times. I especially like how the BCS official says: "Texas cannot be trusted." The folks on the West Coast certainly don't think much of you guys.

The>The Link Link

30. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts