Does Mack get a pass this year?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by HornFan10, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Wesser

Wesser 1,000+ Posts

WTF? Seriously? Mack gets a pass b/c he changed d-coordinators? If so, then he gets a pass pretty much every other year.

I love the argument that 'our team is young' as somekind of excuse for mediocrity. I guarantee you that Mack does not view it that way. This is college football. You get the players for four years, three if they are good enough. You always have turnover and you have to adjust.

The only area that youth truly hinders a team is at QB and offensive line. We have experience at both.

I have seen next year's schedule. It is not easy. But the day I start looking at a schedule see "Kansas" and "Missouri" and think "Loss" is the day that I turn in my Longhorn Fan Card because I don't deserve it. Might we lose those games? It is possible. But we are TEXAS. I don't give a **** what they did last year, they will still be looking up at us, just like Mizzou was looking up at OU.

We are the third winngest program of all time. There are no passes nor should any be expected. There is not a team on our schedule that we should not beat. Do I think that we will roll to 13-0? Probably not. But I sure don't think that we will have a 5 loss season because ******* Kansas and Missouri are on the schedule.

2. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

3. Cowtown_Red

Cowtown_Red 100+ Posts

Coaches at programs like UT don't get passes.

4. haven

haven 25+ Posts

Ok, let me see.

Some people thought he got a pass in 06-07 because he was breaking in a freshman QB.

Others thought he got a pass in 07-08 because the team was younger overall.

Now he gets a pass next year because, umm, the team is young again?

I realize that different people have advocated each year as a pass year - but, still...