Does this give you alt-righters some pause?

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by HANNAHORN, Nov 8, 2017.

1. HANNAHORN

HANNAHORN 100+ Posts

2. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Yes, but I'm not alt right.

3. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I never thought I would live to see where it's controversial for someone to pee in the bathroom that matches with the parts they were born with.

• Like Like x 4
  4. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Which ones of us are "alt-right?" I ask because we had this discussion earlier, and it's pretty clear a lot of people just use that tag to mean "people more conservative than me."

I'm also curious what you mean by "give pause." Are you suggesting the election results should make people rethink their position? Or that it means their position is now in the minority? Or that they should probably change their belief to match what the voters in Virginia may or may not believe?

5. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

I believe in a right to pee.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

h ttp://www.bbc.com/news/41909791

Turns out a black air force cadet was behind racial slurs being written in dorms at the air force academy.

The black cadet "committed the act in a bizarre bid to get out of trouble he faced at the school for other misconduct.”

^ I wonder if this will give the OP some pause.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

"Alt-right" is the new "Neocon".

8. HANNAHORN

HANNAHORN 100+ Posts

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Outside?

It is what humans did for 95% of their existence

[​IMG]

10. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

I plead the 5th. And the 14th. And the 21st.

11. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

While it MAY be significant that a 25 year incumbent was beaten, I wouldn't say it is a validation of the trans movement. Look at the county for goodness sakes, every other democrat won by approximately 60/40. This candidate won 53/47. If anything, it says to me that this county wanted a democrat but wasn't too happy with a trans representative.

• Like Like x 4
  12. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

More critically, wasn't thrilled with a special-interests, one-issue candidate who wasn't going to do a damned thing for THEIR situations.

• Like Like x 2
  13. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I love the fact that liberals are so excited they won in liberal states. Virginia is full of D.C. government employees. Then you have New Jersey and Washington state.

Meanwhile, their party is imploding with revelations from a stalwart Democrat that they rigged their nomination.

Trump is an ***. But thank God he has destroyed the establishment.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Don't get ahead of yourself there.

15. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

I know, they are celebrating like it's the Superbowl and they won when the other team showed up with only 10 players. I'm actually surprised it was this close.

16. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

Even funnier is they are celebrating victory when there was no mobilized effort by the new right to contend against them.

Breitbart went apesh*t for a month promoting Moore over Strange in AL. In these two races there was barely any coverage or pumping up/trashing going on.

The new right and those who fuel the fire barely put a pinky toe in the water on these blue state Gov races.

Neither Rep candidate was considered a MAGA Rep and naturally that big part of the base was never urged to get involved.

The numbers showed as much in VA. The Rep won both Rep-identifying voters (95%) and independents (50/47). He lost because the galvanized left turnout far outnumbered them.

It's not hard to understand why. Not a traditional election year, MAGA (Bannon, Gorka, etc) made no push to mobilize, and the left was feverishly anti-Trump fuming for payback in states they run.

Wait until the MSM, Hollywood, etc start pumping the Dems in 2018 and the MAGA heads mobilize the base to slap them down again, the story will be much different. There was no skin in the game this time. When it returns in 2018, the fire in MAGA will return to go to war.

17. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Will the Trump supporters get fired up enough to support House members who by and large are establishment types?

18. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

And that to me is a huge question mark.

19. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Yep. The nonstop attempts to impeach Trump from a blue House scares the hell out of me.

• Like Like x 1
  20. NJlonghorn

NJlonghorn 2,500+ Posts

And will "establishment type" voters support MAGA-type candidates who win GOP primaries? In short, will the two halves of the Republican party stay together enough to defeat the Democrats in 2018?

None of these questions were even remotely answered in NJ or VA this week.

• Like Like x 5
  21. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Also, if the Uranium One story has any teeth to it the democrats will be in trouble as well. November '18 could get very interesting.

22. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

I think this will be a backfiring strategy used by the Dems. Some Dems won't be able to help themselves and will vocally run on the promise to impeach DT.

That will be plenty of ammo to influence the MAGA base to vote lesser of evils.

One thing I don't see happening is the new voters DT brought in staying home once the architects start to prod them.

Most are well aware there's much more work to be done, and also what things would look like with a Dem controlled house right now. DT would've already faced impeachment charges.

If anything MAGA will turn out to protect their leader. Bannon is a master strategist, he'll develop a solid narrative to get the juices flowing and the same 2016 online tentacles will spread it.

Once both sides publicize it to death and the stakes are raised, 2016 flashbacks will be back in full effect.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017