Dogus F'n Balbay

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by WashU-Horn, Jan 26, 2011.

1. WashU-Horn

WashU-Horn 500+ Posts

Love the hustle and the non-stop motor in this guy.

[​IMG]

2. Dewbrewer

Dewbrewer 500+ Posts

Way to go Balby!!!! (hey, that's how it was spelled on the screen right as the game ended!!) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Dewbrewer

Dewbrewer 500+ Posts

Seriously he is pretty fun to watch. We will miss him to an extent next year. What hustle. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

Damnit! You stole my thunder, WashU. [​IMG]

Hats off to Dogus. He carried us offensively in the first half and played perhaps his best all-around game as a 'Horn. Definitely deserving of the game ball tonight.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

He is my second favorite Turk of all time.

6. daytonhorn

daytonhorn 500+ Posts

Atta Boy, Turk!

Ataturk, Boy!

Seriously, though, folks, when Balbay came out near the end of the OU game he received the biggest applause of the night. Point being he does this hustle thingy s-o-o-o consistently.

• Like Like x 1
  7. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

8. EPThorn

EPThorn 500+ Posts

Dont forget his most important stat: he absolutely erased Okie state's best shooter and 2nd leading scorer in Keiton Page.

Page averages 14 pts and about 2 treys/game. Dogus held him to 0-7 from the field and barely let him breathe.

Balbay has become my favorite horn since TJ. It was nice to hear him get some love from Gottleib and the other announcers.

• Hot Hot x 1
  9. rickysrun

rickysrun 2,500+ Posts

Can not say enough about the job he is doing.

• Like Like x 1
  10. MexicanVanilla

MexicanVanilla 25+ Posts

[​IMG]

He's a HUGE factor in the success our team is enjoying this year.

True, any points are gravy. His defense and leadership, both on and off the court, are immeasurable.

HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!!

[​IMG]

11. WashU-Horn

WashU-Horn 500+ Posts

Agreed, this guy bleeds orange and is Barnes' favorite player. He is to Barnes what Wojo was to K.

12. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

Dogus has never struck me as a flashy passer, yet he dropped a couple of dimes tonight that were highlight reel material ... at least, they would have been if the first one hadn't surprised Tristan (maybe Gary got a hand in there) and if Alexis had gone up strong with the second and finished.

It was nice to see him drive hard to the hoop tonight. He needs to do that more often yet still play within himself.

13. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I liked how they mentioned during the Missouri game that Jordan Hamilton wants Balbay to guard him in practice because if he scores on Dogus, he knows he can score on anyone he'll play against in a game.

14. Bigtex112

Bigtex112 500+ Posts

Have to admit, I was VERY critical of Dogus before the season started about his lack of offensive threat. However, with Joseph on the team and J'Covan settling down, he doesn't have to be on the court for 40 minutes or even 35. He can concentrate on what he does best and that is defense and ball handling. He is playing very well indeed.

15. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Had to record the Mizzu game, couldn't watch it Saturday. But I watched it just now. Dogus had a good game. Again, great defense and hustle. I want him to take the close in layup more and 3-5 foot shot instead of passing back out to the 3 point shooter, or the 15 foot jump shooter.

He passes up too many easy shots after he drives the lane.

He's quick to the hoop when he wants to be. It'll pay off with more points for us if he pushes himself to take a few more shots when he's down low.

16. Rammer

Rammer 25+ Posts

Doge was the major factor in handling Mizzu's full court press so easily. He broke the press with no problems. I love his intensity and hustle. He does just what we need him to do. Any offense at all is a pleasant plus.

17. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Blast from the past

• Like Like x 3
  19. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Woah. He never shot like that here. :D