Doing the Math

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Buck-Horn, May 12, 2019.

1. Buck-Horn

Buck-Horn Guest

Gawd, as much as this season needs to end ASAP, we actually have not been mathematically eliminated. If we sweep OU, I think they take last place & we’re in the B12 tourney. KU plays KSU next weekend, so I don’t see a path to pass either one. Looks like we sweep OU or go home. That is all!!

Bring on the summer as we wait on August football :hookem2:

2. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

We may not be mathematically eliminated but more importantly we're emotionally eliminated. I'd be surprised if we win more than one game. I'd be less surprised by a sweep by OU.

3. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

Actually, two paths, sweep OU, or take 2 from them and KU sweeps KSU.

What? ... As UT fans are we supposed to just say "f**k it, I'm out!" or say "C'mon Horns, get 'er done!"

This team has shown that it CAN play well at home --- swept, SWEPT No. 1 LSU early on.

Yeah, they're in a slump.

But, sweep the Sooners and the season continues. Win 2 and KU sweeps KSU and it goes on.

What the HELL are they supposed to do, go fetal position, suck their thumbs, and cry, or come out this next weekend and fight like Hell to win?

I'm in their corner. If they don't come through, so be it.

Hook 'em

• Like Like x 1
  4. Vol Horn 4 Life

I'm pretty sure we're all in their corner and hope they win.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Buck-Horn

Buck-Horn Guest

Wow....reality vs hope....we CAN walk & chew gum at the same time!

6. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

Yeah, I know, just frustrated too.

I know anyone who posts, even with bucket of cold water, is still supporting the Horns.

Hook 'em

• Like Like x 1
  7. Buck-Horn

Buck-Horn Guest

Assuming the baseball gods intervene and we somehow tie in W’s for 8th-9th place, I wonder if we makeup/resume the cancelled BU game?!?

8. Vol Horn 4 Life

I'm guessing Baylor wouldn't agree to that since the game was cancelled. I would think head to head results would be used to determine the 8th seed.

9. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

If Kansas can sweep us then we can sweep OU...or something like that.

10. NEWDOC2002

NEWDOC2002 1,000+ Posts

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

• Winner Winner x 3
  11. Buck-Horn

Buck-Horn Guest

I’m back to furious after seeing the bracket. A Texas baseball team should NEVER miss out on the postseason! However, congrats to the 5 B12 teams that did make it with 3 regional hosts & #1 seeds. So, the league was top-heavy this year?!?....just pitiful!