Don't pee in the pool....

Discussion in 'Cactus Cafe' started by Smurfette, May 22, 2009.

1. Smurfette

Smurfette 500+ Posts

The Link

"In a survey of 1,000 U.S. adults conducted in April and May, 17 percent admitted relieving themselves in a swimming pool. Even the Olympics' most decorated swimmer, Michael Phelps, confessed to urinating in the water to TV host Jimmy Kimmel."

"The agency also recommends that people shower before a swim, because most people have traces of feces on their bottoms, which can contaminate recreational water. In the Water Quality survey, 35 percent reported skipping a shower before swimming."

[​IMG]

2. EternalHorn

EternalHorn 100+ Posts

Ever been tubing before? Amazing how all those people spend 6+ hours on a river drinking beer and no one gets out to pee....hmmmmmm

3. OrangeBlooded

OrangeBlooded 500+ Posts

4. EternalHorn

EternalHorn 100+ Posts

True...but there's no chlorine in a river.

5. Smurfette

Smurfette 500+ Posts

I'm drinking too much beer to drink any river water [​IMG]

6. Napoleon

Napoleon 2,500+ Posts

If you can drink your pee (in dire circumstances), I don't see why peeing in a pool is going to bother people.

And the whole "even Michael Phelps..." bit is ridiculous. A person who spends 25% of his waking hours in the water is NOT going to pee in that water? [​IMG]

Sometimes I wonder why they even publish these "news stories".

7. Longhorny630

Longhorny630 1,000+ Posts

They need to make a additive to pool water that changes color when in contact with pee. That would be pretty damn embarrassing

8. Orangesweat

Orangesweat 2,500+ Posts

9. scottsins

scottsins 1,000+ Posts

10. wolfman

wolfman 1,000+ Posts

11. gecko

gecko 2,500+ Posts

They don't call it "Shitterbahn" for nothing.....

12. TexasRx

TexasRx 500+ Posts

13. watashi

watashi 250+ Posts