Don't worry Holder, Obama's got your back

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by dheiman, Jun 20, 2012.

1. dheiman

dheiman 1,000+ Posts

Obama saves Holder at the 11th hour

"President Obama has granted an 11th-hour request by Attorney General Eric Holder to exert executive privilege over Fast and Furious documents, a last-minute maneuver that appears unlikely to head off a contempt vote against Holder by Republicans in the House."

The old executive privilege trick. Nothing like a little love from your buddy the king, to hide documents. Honestly I don't know what Holder knows or when he found out about this embarrassing failure of a program, but it doesn't look good. A 6 month request for documents is halted by a presidential green light to seal potential evidence under the umbrella of executive privilege.

2. ShinerTX

ShinerTX 1,000+ Posts

Culture of corruption. I honestly don't see how anyone cannot see through this slimey group.

Way to show your respect for the agent we already lost!

3. Hookem123

Hookem123 1,000+ Posts

BO is big on sealing information. Not to worry, he'll let you know when you need to know. Right now, you don't need to know.

4. ShinerTX

ShinerTX 1,000+ Posts

5. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

This is an outrage. Mr President Transparent is now officially involved with this case and it shouldn't just be Holder on the hot seat. There is without doubt 100% things being hidden.

Also If the White House is not involved like they claimed, then he can't claim Whitehouse executive privilege. I started a topic about Tyranny that is Prez O"blame"o and was called names by his cult followers here. Since then he has done many things without consequences. He just does what he wants like he's a dictator or a tyrant. He is stepping way over what he is allowed to do as President. He is continuing to by pass congress and the American people are sick of it. He shits on the constitution and will be fired in Nov.

6. MojoMan

MojoMan 1,000+ Posts

In case there was any doubt about Eric Holder's inability to oversee this investigation in an unbiased and professional fashion, the exercise of executive privilege obviously ends that once and for all.
    Those documents must really be incriminating for Holder and Obama to take this rather unexpected step.

And it appears that the invocation of executive privilege in this case may not be within the parameters of the powers that authorize this privilege. Consequently, it appears all but certain that Eric Holder will shortly be held in contempt of Congress. And rightfully so.

7. MojoMan

MojoMan 1,000+ Posts

Senator Charles Grassley weighs in:

8. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

So Obama's admitting he knew about Fast and Furious? Cool.

9. Horndale

Horndale 100+ Posts

10. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Wow, how Nixonesque of BO.

11. ProdigalHorn

BTW, the next liberal on this board that ever brings up Nixon in a negative light needs to be laughed off this board. You guys should be embarrassed that you put this person in the White House and now have given him carte blanche to ignore rule of law whenever he sees fit "because he's just such a smart guy!"

When/if he asks for a third term, will you all follow along with that, too?

12. Horndale

Horndale 100+ Posts

Some liberal poster please come try to spin this.

13. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Drudge is running vids of BO bashing using : executive privilege"The Link

does he thinkg people will have forgotten?

14. Burnt Orange Bevo

Burnt Orange Bevo 1,000+ Posts

15. Texas007

Texas007 1,000+ Posts

he kows that 40% of the voters are going to vote for him no matter what. he has proven time and again that he believes he is above the law, and there are his gack eating minions on this board who lap it up. despicable.

16. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

!!
    Issa going ahead with contempt charges
    from Fox
    "Rep. Darrell Issa said Wednesday that he is pressing ahead with a committee vote to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress, despite an 11th-hour move by President Obama to exert executive privilege over the Fast and Furious documents at the heart of the dispute.

Read more:The Link

17. Larry T. Spider

Larry T. Spider 1,000+ Posts

Sam Donaldson thinks y'all are just a bunch of racists.

18. Horn2Run

Horn2Run 1,000+ Posts

Obama has to know this is going to be brought up in debates, on talk shows, etc.....His chances of being reelected just went down a couple of notches.

Fast and Furious now has a stench he can't get Sam Donaldson and Andrea Mitchell wipe off him.

19. ProdigalHorn

20. Horndale

Horndale 100+ Posts

Who has the power to hold a president accountable?

Ultimately the voters I suppose.
    Scarry.

21. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

I think the only thing OBlameo had going for him is the people seemed to like him as a person. But nobody likes liars that are corrupt. He will lose a lot of votes over this. I'm predicting a Ronald Reagan over Jimmy Carter type win in Nov and we aren't even close enough to the election for people to care about the vetting yet. It will only get worse for the President Divide and Conquer.

22. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

Not into the circle jerk but the following quote will definitely be used during the election cycle:

“There‘s been a tendency on the part of this administration to try to hide behind executive privilege every time there’s something a little shaky that’s taken place. I think the administration would be best served by coming clean on this." ---Obama as a state senator

23. 77horn

77horn 500+ Posts

24. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Will MSM point out that Holder, under oath, said that Bush's AG. Mulkasy, knew about the gun walking.
    When asked for documentation to back it up Holder said ," sorry"

so the DOJ has been forced to retract
    "ISSA: Pursuant to the statement that you referred to about Attorney General Michael Mukasey, it has now been retracted from the testimony of Attorney General Eric Holder where he claims that his predecessor, then-Attorney General Mukasey, had been briefed about gun walking in Operation Wide Receiver. Now the department is retracting that statement and claiming Holder inadvertently made the claim to the committee."

An AG in front of congress for the 15th time on this issue and under oath " INADVERTENTLY MADE THE CLAIM[/b"

does anyone on WM or anyone breathing believe that?

Why would Holder be this stupid? Does it want to get fired so he can draw 99 weeks of unemployment?

25. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

How does this redeem Nixon?

26. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

It doesn't redeem Nixon. It condemns Obama.

27. Leftwith

Leftwith 500+ Posts

All day and nothing from board libs?

Guess they are still waiting on talking points. Taking awhile this time.

28. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

Are you just assuming that because you might defend anything done by GOP no matter what it was that these ebil libs will do likewise?

Are you projecting?

I don't like the use of executive privilege to protect the executive branch from embarrassment no matter who is doing it.

Nixon used it to cover criminal activity carried out by many members of the executive and as a last ditch to obstruct justice. Executive privilege has not had a great history since then.

29. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

I think there is a very good chance that this use of "executive privilege" is also to cover up criminal activity. The POTUS agreeing to sell guns to Mexican drug dealers sounds criminal to me, and he just admitted that he knew about it.

30. Leftwith

Leftwith 500+ Posts