D'Onta Foreman signs 4 year deal with Texans

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Driver 8, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

2. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

Good for D'Onta!
    Interesting, the guy flashing a hook em is Alfred Blue (from LSU)

3. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

5. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

So if the gun was clean and no pot found on him and he wasnt high why bring him in so he wasn't operating the vehicle under a substance what did they even arrest him?

6. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

7. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Smooth - good lawyer.

8. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Maybe all of that information was not readily apparent at the time of the arrest.

9. Son of a Son

Son of a Son 1,000+ Posts

Gun laws in Texas, absent a CHL, generally only allow for "Defense to prosecution". Travelling a certain distance, travelling to an event or location where the firearm is to be used (i.e., a gun range), the gun being secured, all these things can only be used as a defense. They do not prevent an officer from making an arrest. Texas law also does not differentiate between loaded and unloaded firearms. Ergo, gun + pot in the same car, the officer will always make an arrest and let the system figure it out.

This is why I feel EVERYONE who has a handgun should get their CHL, even if they never intend to carry. Of course, with pot involved, he was still screwed.

10. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

If I were advising a young man about to start an NFL career, I think Rule One would be: NEVER allow your friends to get into your car. Or put anything in your car. Or touch it. Or even look at it.

Actually, this would be Rule One-A. Rule One would be: NOTHING GOOD EVER HAPPENS in a strip club parking lot, so don't go there.

11. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

I have my LTC, so I'm not sure, but I believe the law changed a couple of years ago, allowing one to have have a handgun in your car without an LTC. The antiquated "traveling" requirement was discarded. I can't figure out why he was charged with the weapons violation either. Surely his lawyer is giving us the whole story. :confused2: Oh wait...

12. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

maybe it's a tack on drug law? possession of mj - break law 1. have gun while in possession (even if legal gun) - break law 2.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

14. rick mueller

That could well be the case.

15. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 6
  16. rick mueller

Thank heavens for that. Thanks for posting.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

There's always going to be a need to keep it real with one's friends.

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  19. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

Awesome! NFL ready.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

He also had a 4-yard TD run a couple of drives later on a stretch play. Got hit around the 2 yd line by two defenders but had too much forward momentum for them to stop him.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  21. Walking Boss

Walking Boss 2,500+ Posts

Foreman looks good early for the texans against the bengals even with a horrible o-line. He is clearly the texans best back. After getting them down to the six O'brien takes him out for 5 wide and an immediate penalty. Coaches to often try to prove they are the smartest person in the room.

22. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

After having watched some of the Texans game last night, I can only hope D'Onta has all of his insurance plans paid up...that O-Line SUCKS. It's going to get someone killed.

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Torn achilles
    On a beautiful touchdown run

:cursing2:

24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Charges dismissed
    Just as his atty said they would be

• Like Like x 3
  25. beijinghorn1

beijinghorn1 500+ Posts

From what I understand, he has checked the first box for people entering the NFL. Rule 1: Make sure to have a fall guy with you at all times in case something goes wrong. Fall guy earned his pay this time.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Been awhile

• Like Like x 4
  27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

D’Onta Foreman will see his first action of the season today
    @ Philly

• Like Like x 2
  28. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts