D'Onta Foreman

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by stanhin, Jul 2, 2019.

1. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  2. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I wish him the best.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

I also wish him the best. But that achilles injury can change a great back to a good back, and a good back to who?

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

:idk:

• Winner Winner x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

6. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I wonder if dad was meddling.

7. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

The downside of playing at home, but if I’m the Texans I’m trying to trade for Melvin Gordon or at least trying to peak the cowboys interest with Zeke because Lamar Miller is not the guy for them at running back.

8. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Oh for sure.

9. Desperado

Desperado 1,000+ Posts

Man, how does something like that happen? Ton of talent but apparently no "want-to". Didn't seem to be that way in college. I guess something or someone got it in his head that he was good enough. At that level, if you're not improving, you're going backward. I assume he'll get picked up by another team and given another shot. This better be his wake-up call.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I should have probably pointed out above the Texas are running w/o a GM at the moment. You have to wonder if a GM had prevented this from happening. I dont know what Foreman did (clearly something is up with his behavior/attitude) --but at the same time he has talent and the Texans are very short on RBs

11. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Apparently Foreman either doesn’t have a role model to kick him in the pants, or he isn’t listening. Probably the former. It sounds like the same sense of entitlement that has doomed so many promising careers ...like VY. (Of course, VY had a coach that was pretty much plotting against him.)

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

He played fine his rookie year with the amount of snaps and touches he got, but being out for so long with that injury and being so close to home with many familiar distractions and money in your pocket. It can become fairly easy to loose focus.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Loosing focus is the wurst.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  14. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

The good news for him is someone should pick him up. The not so good news is that I am not sure he has the maturity level to understand that a second chance is about the only chance an injury-prone running back in the NFL gets.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  15. Ajo Macho

Ajo Macho 500+ Posts

Its speled "fowkiss".

Idoit.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

I own it :idk:

17. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

I saw this earlier this AM. Not sure why, but seems he still has lingering issues with the Achilles injury. I hope he saved his money if he can’t play.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

I recently saw a press conference where the coach said he was healthy and looking good.
    They expected him to pick up a large portion of the carries.
    This is just weird.
    Give him a call Chiefs,

19. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Being without a GM makes no difference to the Kirby Kretin Korp. McNair, Jr will hire a yes man who grabs his ankles every time O'Brine coughs.

O'brine, who has yet to prove he can coach at this level, is running the team, constantly threatening to take his toys and go home if he doesn't get his way. He needs to be sent packing so they can bring in a proven coach - at least one that has proven he can win.

20. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

His dad put out a tweet this morning; "Receiving the unfortunate news of the @HoustonTexans releasing my son @D33_foreman was a business decision for the team. However, there are NO hard feelings for D'onta or our family moving forward! Good Luck to the @HoustonTexans this upcoming season!"

• Like Like x 1
  21. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Phew! Well, as long as he says that, I'm sure the organization will be able to move forward. Dodged that bullet!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  22. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Two positive things about it happening now:

1) Early enough in camp to choose a team he thinks will benefit him

2) Houston's front office is such a cluster that other organizations understand that mess and it may not be all Foreman

23. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

1) I'm sure D'onta's father is bowing up his agent's phone.

2) The situation in Houston, as I understand it, is a major cluster f_ _k!

24. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

You are being much too kind

• Funny Funny x 1
  25. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Given how he wasn't even supposed to be a D1A caliber player and then worked his way into a starting role for a P5 school, then became the focal point of the offense and won a Doak Walker award and then made it to the NFL, I would have guessed that "lack of hard work" would be about the least likely thing possible to be his issue....

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  26. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

Hate to say it but I have never really liked the Texans. They have pretty well sucked since 2002. They passed on VY and now did this to D’Onta. I don’t know what’s going on over there but I am happy to cheer for the Rockets and Astros, and not the Texans.

• Winner Winner x 1
  27. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

Donta needs Bill in Sinton to drive the the HEB with his Longhorn flags for him

• Like Like x 2
  28. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Houston is going to try for a Melvin Gordon trade.

29. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

Hey this could be just the thing for the Cowboys who are balking at paying Elliott his asking price.

30. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Sadly, too many have had talent or at least a modicum of ability but piss away the second, third, fourth and fifth chances...I expect he will be a back-up somewhere this season and then bounce around practice/pre-season squads for a few years before landing in an arena league.