DoT exploring technology that would disable

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Namewithheld, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Namewithheld

Namewithheld 2,500+ Posts

cell phones in cars.
    SAY WHAT?

Why not ban radios and eating since they are FAR more likely to cause accidents. Man these ******** in our Government must stay up nights thinking of this dumb ****! [​IMG]

2. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

Although, it sounds like it would be a good idea for the DOD.

3. DigglerontheHoof

DigglerontheHoof 1,000+ Posts

Dont' forget to ban food, drinks, makeup, billboards, kids, pets, other passengers, radio, cd, ipods, and daydreaming. ******* morons.

4. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

as usual, the government sees a safety problem regarding people talking on their cell phones while driving. a potentially valid argument. i think it is more dangerous than drunk driving actually. however, they completely overreact by implementing a police state mentality to correct it. they could instead pass a law to stop people from using hand held devices. i think it should be legal to use a hand free system.

5. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

I agree with general about the level of danger driving while talking on the phone. I don't think tying up the driver's hands is the problem, however. I think the problem is the attention of the driver is removed from his/her surroundings. Eating, drinking or listening to music don't do this. It's not about the hands, it's about the mind.

6. Michtex

Michtex 1,000+ Posts

7. jinxkm

jinxkm < 25 Posts

I hope they consider that sometimes there are passengers in a car...

8. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

That being the case we should probably ban conversations when there are multiple passengers. And talk radio. And sports broadcasts. Maybe the go ernment can give us an approved safe list of approved topics?

9. DigglerontheHoof

DigglerontheHoof 1,000+ Posts