Drake now on the schedule

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Sangre Naranjada, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

No, would just like to see the shots that 7th graders make 90% of the time made. Her FG% should be over .700 with the shots she's been taking. Why did you address it at all if you're "going to stop"? Perhaps you would be addressing the ignorance if you looked at all the variables or had any analytical skills.

Let's see what happens to her FG% in the B12 when she can't just stand under the basket and keep putting it back until it goes in. The one team Texas has played that has equal athletes she was 4-11. That's not even good for a 3pt shooter.

I counted 7 easy shots that IMS or Kelsey Lang certainly woulda never missed.

2. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

I'm having a hard time following your narrative but, just in case it isn't obvious to you, I'm a huge fan of Charli and her game. I've never said one negative thing about her. I try not to criticize players, especially those who work as hard as Charli does, and I'm not a fan of the negative comments made about her. Some "bunnies" are not as easy as they look with people hanging on you, holding you, pushing your body out with undercutting.

I see the steady improvement in Charli's game from season to season. I realize her how much her strength and conditioning has improved, and how much more physical she has become. As a former collegiate player I know the hard work and dedication that goes into that.

I stated that Charli is best served at the four. Is she capable of banging when necessary? Yes, but she is not the type of player that belongs nailed to the low block. Her face up skills and shooting range are too good. However, with the personnel we've had available, that's what the team has needed from her. I'm sure with adding Ebo we'll now see Charli utilized more facing up. But even with that, depending on matchups both offensively and especially defensively, some banging is going to be involved.

Charli is most likely going to be a Top 5 this year or next regardless of how the season goes. So I wouldn't get myself too worked up about what anyone says. Scouts know what they're looking for. Period.

Charli is still a relatively young player is the point I was trying to make. Basically she's played two seasons plus six games. She will continue to grow as this season goes along and I look forward to seeing how that unfolds. I want to see her become the very best player and most complete player she can be... not just a top pick... and it's my personal opinion that a full four-year college career will develop her into that.

However, as I've said before, it's her decision to make and I'll be pulling for her success whatever she decides to do. Does her ultimate decision matter to the future of our team? Of course it does, in terms of WHO we put on the floor.

But just as I stand by my high praise of Charli, I stand by what I say about Coach Vic and his staff. They will put a winner on the floor regardless of the personnel. There is quite a recruiting class coming in next year and, if the NCAA passes the one-time (non-COVID) transfer rule as I expect them to, there will be roster shake-ups all over the country. I expect Texas might benefit heavily from that.
    :hookem2:

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2020
  3. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  4. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

You know folks, there's a way to set your notifications so that when certain commentators post, you don't/can't see their comments. Nice option.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

:rolleyes1: I’d give anything right now for that emoji to be larger.

• Like Like x 2