Driving in Austin with Mr. President in town

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Sangre Naranjada, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I found a helpful shortcut should you need to travel between North Austin and South Austin during the POTUS' visit. You may also find it useful during SXSW.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. NJlonghorn

NJlonghorn 2,500+ Posts

That route passes WAY too close to Norman imho. I'd recommend staying on I-30 to Texarkana, then back roads up to Fayetteville.

• Like Like x 1
  3. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

the traffic in Austin is so bad under normal circumstances that I hate going there now---could we move the games? A few in Houston, a few in San Antonio, maybe a couple in El Paso? Austin just sux now-----too much traffic and too many Californians and all those trust fund liberals.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

5. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Huisache is right. What's Austin's excuse when Obama isn't in town? I was in Austin back in January to visit friends and family, and the traffic was worse than it was when I lived there. It's a joke.

6. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Too true! Traffic and the absurd rate increase for hotels on home game weekends really tick me off these days. But I keep coming:brickwall:. Just drive early on afternoon games and back late to Katy after night games.
    Somehow I don't think the city misses my revenue and I maintain a grateful attitude I can still attend. :bevo: