DT Chris Daniels (Dec 17)(Feb 3 COMMIT)

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Godz40acres, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

[​IMG]
    Chris Daniels ..... Trinity (Euless, TX)
    :hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem:-horn ..... DT ..... 6-4/328 ..... ou TEXAS
    Though it appears this offer came late as Daniels is/was set to announce tomorrow, it could be that the staff has been in contact with him for quite some time. They've done that with others.

Per Scout:
    He has the necessary size of an interior defensive line prospect, but has the get off and explosion of a defensive end and that is why colleges are lining up to get his signature. He would look good in multiple defensive fronts and alignments. He also has tremendous closing speed in the open field, which allows him to track down opposing ball carriers quickly and efficiently. His game changing kills are had to find in a defensive lineman.

Strengths: explosion, quickness off the ball, and size.

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  2. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

Gonna have to work on lowering his pad level off the snap as he tends to rise up and expose his chest. Usually an easy technique correction.

Other than that he has good burst, solid athleticism, and plays well with his hands. Would be a solid get no doubt.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

4. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

At 4:37 his Dad called us out for coming late to the party.

At 4:51 young Daniels said he's proud to get the offer, even if late.

Sounds to me like Pops was perturbed and put it on blast. In response the son watered down the flames by showing public appreciation. The younger Daniels seems to have real interest despite the tardiness.

5. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

I agree Brad. The key to recruiting is momma!

• Like Like x 5
  6. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Per TFB:
    Yesterday Texas decided to throw their hats in the ring late for star defensive tackle, Chris Daniels (Euless, TX) hoping to pique his interest. Daniels is expected to announce his decision tonight and will be deciding between OU, Michigan and Alabama.

I spoke to Daniels’ father last night to get a sense of his son’s interest in Texas and whether the announcement would go forward. Daniels’ father said, “He is going to announce but he is torn…Coach Strong played ball with my uncle at UCA, went to school with my dad, and knows my entire family…”

Daniel’s father went on to say that he and Strong spoke last night (during the dead period, coaches are allowed one phone call per week) and the conversation, “was awesome…just like with Saban, Harbaugh and Stoops”. I asked Chris’ father what kept Texas from offering sooner and he said Strong told them that they, “wanted to make sure he was qualified and really didn’t get the sense he (Chris) was interested until Vahe (current Longhorn and former teammate) told him (Strong).”

So, as of last night Daniels’ announcement this evening was still on but clearly Texas has given young Daniels something to think about.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Committed to the land thieves.

8. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody gonna be happy.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

10. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

No longer an OU commit

• Like Like x 4
  11. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

• Like Like x 1
  12. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

This is looking good, but apparently the farmers also have a shot. Since his de-commitment came right after a visit to us, this can't be bad. Suddenly we have a bunch of DTs as possibilities, while we were sweating it just a couple of weeks ago. Good going. Let's reel some 3 guys in :)

• Like Like x 7
  13. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

REEL 'EM IN!! #Believe

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  14. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

This suggests the young man possesses superior intelligence.

• Like Like x 2
  15. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

unless he commits to aggy.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Good point

17. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

aggy fish camp will get that intelligence out of him....I hear Pink Floyd singing "we don't need no education..." as I write this.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Daniels was on his way earlier today to OV @ TN....

Someone saw his tweet and responded with....

• Like Like x 5
  19. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

• Like Like x 2
  20. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

Isn't that interesting that he took up on what somebody tweeted at him with the Jesus picture, and tweeted that line? Looks awfully like he took the delayed trip as a sign from God as what he must do. Beome a longhorn, that it.

• Like Like x 4
  21. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Coaches Strong, Haley, and Jean-Mary did an in-home with the Daniels Tuesday night. TFB reported that:
    The Daniels already have a great relationship with coach Strong but this meeting was more about getting to know coach Brick Haley a little more and getting all their final questions answered and according to Daniels Sr. they got all their questions answered.

As I mentioned earlier this week, I feel Texas and OU are close right now but Texas has the slight lead. The in-home visit helped Texas but the Sooners will be in-home tonight (Wednesday) and we should know more after that.​

22. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

The tweeter.

[​IMG]

The Lone Gunmen Recruiting Report, still only $9.95. The truth is out there!

23. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

• Like Like x 5
  24. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

The interesting thing to me on that list is that Hudson is on it and Fowler isn't. The two real tossups left.

If it means what I think it might mean, I would be quite happy with that list.

25. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Yes, and Mark Jackson not on list either.

26. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

It was a retweet. I wonder if the original poster had inside knowledge, pretense of inside knowledge or maybe just an observer with a knowledge level somewhere above mine but below Godz40Acres?

27. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

I looked him up - just some "unofficial" guy. That doesn't mean he's not in the know, though, ya know?

Twitter Linker

28. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Daniels just retweeted this RHM tweet:

• Like Like x 2
  29. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Daniels just finished his OV to aggy.

His comments per another poster:
    Man, it went really well, To be honest the players there were real genuine. Daylon Mack, he was everything I expected him to be. The coaches gave us a lot of information. Not only what A&M is but the SEC period and what the SEC does compared to everyone else. They kill everybody else.

The coaches said it’s not a four-year decision, it’s a 40-year decision. Football doesn’t last forever and that Aggie ring and that Aggie network is real important. There was a lot of information I was given. And coach Chavis, the defensive coordinator, he’s real outstanding.

Coach Chavis, his record. Everywhere he’s been he’s done something good for the program. Like Texas A&M, they were struggling on defense and he came in and now they’re skyrocketing through the roof with stats and that stuff really sticks out. When he was at Tennessee, they won a championship. And LSU won a championship. Now here they’re uprising.

----------

Chris, if I may....

What, exactly has aggy done besides help other $EC teams get recruits?

An aggy ring doesn't even come close to comparing with what a UT ring offers. Think semi-state-wide versus world-wide.

What is it they say about stats? Better look at the aggy results and their opponents to achieve a proper perspective. Just sayin'.

30. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

A&M is very good University; we all know that but I don't think that's the tipping point. I mean it's not better than UT. It shouldn't be the deciding factor. Daniels should talk to Kyle Allen and Kyler Murray. They heard the sweet words that he is repeating to everyone. But those words aren't novel or special. And once you're in things changed.

It's interesting that A&M has high profile players decomitting and a coach who's run is now slowing down. Baylor has a huge problem right now with the rape situation. What is negative about Texas? A rebuilding situation? Ok, but this coach has clearly drawn a line in the sand about raising these young men the right way, wins or no wins. And it's obvious the freshman class from 2015 is a real foundation for the future.

I guess I don't understand why a recruit can't see what is in front of him.

• Like Like x 1