DT D'Andre Christmas-Giles (Sep 30)(Feb 2 COMMIT)

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Godz40acres, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

[​IMG]
    D'Andre Christmas-Giles ..... New Orleans, LA (St. Augustine)
    :hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem:-horn ..... DT ..... 6-3/290 ..... Tennessee TEXAS

Quotes from D'Andre Christmas-Giles after receiving his UT offer:

"I had been talking to Coach (Brick) Haley for four or five weeks,” Christmas-Giles said. “I gave him a call, and he told me that I had an offer. I was really excited. It’s great to get an offer from a prestigious program like Texas.”

"I’m getting to know the coaching staff more,” he said. “I feel like my relationship with Coach Haley has been building up pretty fast. Coach Strong seems like a great coach. He told me that he watched my film and likes what I can do. He wants to get me down there for a visit.”

"I haven’t shut down my recruitment,” Christmas-Giles said. “And I like Texas. I lived in Fort Worth for a couple of years after Hurricane Katrina, and my two favorite schools were TCU and Texas, so I’ve always liked them. I’m most definitely interested.”
    [Per a poster on another site]

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  2. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Per HornSports:
    Christmas-Giles received an offer from the Longhorns in late September and told us he was excited about the offer. When we spoke with him immediately after his offer he alluded to the notion that his recruitment was still potentially open.

Tonight he mentioned to me he intends to take official visits to 4 programs in November/December - Texas, Nebraska, Tennessee and North Carolina. Christmas-Giles did mention that he wasn't 100% certain these would be the four schools he was set on but he clarified one thing: that he was "keeping Texas" on the OV list for sure.

Getting Christmas-Giles on campus for a visit would be huge for former LSU D-line coach and current Texas DL coach Brick Haley. Haley is a guy that wouldn't have a difficult time selling the Texas program.

3. car54

car54 1,000+ Posts

This kid plays a little high, but man is he quick off the snap for a big guy. Would be nice to get him.

4. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

D’Andre Christmas-Giles has easily been one of the biggest late bloomers in the 2016 class. Christmas-Giles has received offers from Mississippi State, Texas A&M, TCU, Miami, Oklahoma State, Kansas State, and Georgia Tech over the last 2 1/2 weeks and more will be on the way.

Texas seems to be in a very solid spot for Christmas-Giles since they offered on September 30th. Texas Defensive Line coach Bricky Haley visited Christmas-Giles last night, and as 247Sports first reported and I confirmed that Christmas-Giles tentatively has an offical visit scheduled for Texas on December 12th. Christmas-Giles committed to Tennessee back in late August but made his first visit to Knoxville last weekend, which you don’t see very often now of days.

There has been lots of chatter since he started picking up more and more big offers that I’d wouldn’t be suprising to see Christmas-Giles flip from Tennessee. Right now I could very well see that happening as Texas and Texas A&M look to be the main threats that have offered him right now.

5. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Haley might not be employed by Texas by 12 December.

6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

247 confirming visit this weekend -- D'Andre Christmas-Giles

• Like Like x 1
  7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  8. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

D’Andre Christmas Giles did make it, got in late. LSU supposedly called him while he was already on the road, made the offer and "told him to turn the car around come back pull the trigger and end it." Anyways, he did not. Supposedly getting a ton of attention from Haley and Strong. LSU is the fav but Strong still gets an in-home with he and family (who are with him in Austin).

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

OOPS!

Actually, this is @Joe Fan's post. Didn't notice 'till a moment ago. My bad, Joe. Another poster didn't identify it as yours.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  9. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Easy to be confused

• Like Like x 1
  11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

IT thinks TCU is also aplayer for Christmas-Giles

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

13. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

For some reason only he knows, Giles changed his Top 5 list to a Top 10 yesterday. o_O

Anyhoo, just saw this...

14. OldHippie

OldHippie 2,500+ Posts

Like I said on another thread, I think he knows where he is going to go but is just having fun now. My personal guess is LSU.

15. HornSwoggler

HornSwoggler Horn Fan

Christmas-Giles would be a great signing day gift to the Horns. Sure need another DT in the class.

16. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Per TFB:
    Texas needs defensive tackles. Everyone knows that. Coach Strong needs the kind of defensive tackles that can come in play as true freshman. That level of lineman is a rare find. And trying to pull that rare player out of Louisiana when said player holds an LSU offer makes it even tougher sledding. But I spoke to someone close to 2016 DT D’Andre Christmas-Giles (New Orleans, LA) last night and was told that as of now, Texas is Christmas-Giles’ leader.

Christmas-Giles has stated publicly that he will be releasing his top 10 tonight. He also has some visits left to take in January (he’s already visited Texas and told our source that he will not visit Texas again). But despite releasing a top 10, we are told that he actually has a top 3 in his own mind which includes LSU (no surprise), Texas (no surprise) and…Tulane (believe it or not). And despite what I and many others would’ve assumed, LSU does not appear to be his leader. Was told that Christmas-Giles is very excited about the prospect (and in this case, a likelihood) of being able to play as a true freshman. That, and proximity, might explain him being so high on Tulane.

Christmas-Giles’ recruitment clearly isn’t over yet but the fact that we’re being told Texas leads LSU at the moment is no small thing since most, including us, considered the Tigers the biggest threat to Texas.

17. HornSwoggler

HornSwoggler Horn Fan

^^^^^^^

Come on, D'Andre. You can do eet!

:hookem2::bevo::hookem2:

• Like Like x 1
  18. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Hard to imagine that if he likes the Texas coaches and facilities, and he knows he's got a real shot to start in Year 1 (and almost definitely to play significantly) that he wouldn't end up here. But who knows... Anyway, I feel like this is the one area that we HAVE to address (that we haven't already done pretty well with, i.e. QB, OL).

19. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

• Like Like x 4
  20. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Senior Hudl

• Like Like x 1
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

22. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

IT is saying there are qualifying issues with DCG. Let's see if any other sources substantiate this before we get gruntled.

BTW, he's headed to aggy this weekend. So is DE Mark Jackson.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  23. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

So, DCG is on his aggy visit right now. And he retweeted the tucker kick an hour ago. Check out his likes page - https://twitter.com/_DChristmas/likes

Oh, that's nasty to do when you are on an OV over there in farmerville.

• Like Like x 4
  24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

25. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

http://www.burntorangenation.com/20...stmas-giles-top-three-texas-longhorns-tcu-lsu

"Not included in the final three of the New Orleans (La.) St. Augustine product are the Texas A&M Aggies coming off an official visit to College Station last weekend. The TCU Horned Frogshaven't been considered a serious contender recently, but did receive an official visit back in early December.

Meanwhile, it's unclear whether the LSU Tigers even have a spot available for Christmas-Giles in what is shaping up as an all-time great recruiting class after taking star defensive tackle Rashard Lawrence last Friday.

So all of that is good news for Texas, which has been in a strong position with the rising 6'3, 290-pounder ever since he visited just before the dead period began in December and then promptly decommitted from the Tennessee Volunteers.

At the time, the late offer received from LSU looked like a potential game-changer, but that no longer appears to be the case.

Christmas-Giles is a consensus four-star prospect ranked as the No. 334 player overall, the No. 34 defensive tackle, and No. 21 player in the state of Louisiana. He has now accumulated 30 offers and is expected to decide on National Signing Day."

26. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I want to see the texaggy reaction to that tweet! lmao!

27. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Interesting.... (Don't hypervent, Dion!)

28. 56 Bells

56 Bells 500+ Posts

the farmers are still in denial that the kick was good.

29. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Giles recently began "following" CHUCK F'n Strong. He retweeted this today:

• Like Like x 3
  30. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias