Dumb Political Correctness

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Mr. Deez, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Yes, but people do that

2. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I know. It's gross. The surest way to get me to stop eating the chips and salsa is for some dirty pig at the table to grab a chip, lick his fingers, and then put his nasty-*** hands back into the chip bowl. In some ways, it's worse than double dipping.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  3. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

But thank goodness feminists are here to stand up and say "I have the right to be just as gross and disgusting as any man, and don't tell me I'm not!"

4. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

They have a "right" to do it in the sense that there shouldn't be a law against it. However, they should be judged as gross when doing it just like a man should be. Having said that, if you're a feminist and you have time to complain about stuff like this, things must be pretty good in your society. I'll bet women in the Islamic world wish they had time to complain about this sort of thing.

5. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

So if a white girl is allowed to play a Romani gypsy in the Hunchback of Notre Dame, people ***** until they cancel the play. Link. But a black dude playing Alexander Hamilton? That's all good, and if anyone complained that it was inaccurate, he'd be called a horrific racist.

If you wonder how we got Trump, look no further than stories like this. If you wonder what kind of social phenomenon fosters white nationalism and gives credibility to bad people like David Duke or Richard Spencer, it's stories like this.

• Like Like x 2
  6. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Never liked the idea of Mary what's her name playing Peter Pan,,,,,,until I saw the play. Then I thought she was good in it, but of course I was pretty young then too.
    Dear Lord the world has truly gone crazy.

• Like Like x 1
  7. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

What happens when a white is cast to play MLK Jr in a play or film?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  9. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

Wouldn't MLK Jr be proud that we're colorblind in that situation?

10. ProdigalHorn

Meanwhile, our Olympic team is showing the kind of grit, determination, and strong will that should help it reach new heights this year.

http://www.cnn.com/2018/02/08/sport/shani-davis-olympic-flag-bearer-trnd/index.html

"The flag bearer is typically chosen in a vote of the eight US winter sport federations, which represent biathlon, bobsled and skeleton, curling, figure skating, hockey, luge, ski and snowboarding, and speed skating.
    But this year, Hamlin and Davis tied 4-4.
    Enter the coin toss, Davis said.
    Hamlin was chosen, according to the US Olympic Committee.
    And Davis was definitely not happy about it, venting in a tweet that the coin toss was "dishonorably" done."

"I am an American and when I won the 1000m in 2010 I became the first American to 2-peat in that event," Davis tweeted. "@TeamUSA dishonorably tossed a coin to decide its 2018 flag bearer. No problem. I can wait until 2022. #BlackHistoryMonth2018 #PyeongChang2018."

11. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Lol. By the way, don't take that picture as an endorsement of that movie. It was one of the wiser movies I've ever seen. However, I'll admit that the idea of an American white guy portraying an Australian actor who's playing an American black dude was pretty amusing.

12. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Loved that movie. "Never go full retard."

13. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

It had some memorable parts, and obviously Downey and Tom Cruise were hilarious, but the story was just absurd. In addition, a little context is in order, because I may be judging it unfairly. I was a newlywed when it came out, and a buddy of mine invited me and Mrs. Deez to see it with him, and I encouraged her to go. She did and HATED it - just thought it was over-the-top vulgar and not funny at all, and since I encouraged her to go, I sorta got blamed for ruining her evening. lol

14. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

It was an inside Hollywood movie.

15. militaryhorn

militaryhorn Prediction Contest Manager

Ok, I give...What movie is it?

16. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Tropic Thunder. Ben Stiller, Jack Black, and Robert Downey, Jr. (all of whom I generally like) were in it. It also had a cameo of Tom Cruise (who's generally a massive tool) playing a fat, bald guy, which was pretty funny.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  18. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

What a whiny little beyatch! Surprised he didn't throw out the race card.

19. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

This is just sick, even for democrats. Pelosi beamed proudly and related a story during her 8 hour marathon in which her grandson wished he had brown eyes and skin. She's so proud that her own grandson already suffers from white guilt.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/02/08/nancy-pelosis-grandson-wishes-he-had-brown-skin-and-brown-eyes

20. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Oh but he did...he tied his whiny tweet to 'black history month.' That brought race to the table...

21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

23. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Since they were doing so well before the colonists? I think a much more plausible position is that if the colonists hadn't left, Africa would be much more advanced.

• Like Like x 2
  24. ProdigalHorn

This pretty well shows what happens to you when you're in Hollywood. Movies slowly start to merge in with reality. Made up country, made up freakishly strong element, made-up industry.

It's funny... there's an aspect of this story that I've thought about and apparently will be somewhat addressed in the movie. You have this ultra advanced closed-off society that's rich and advanced in the middle of a third-world continent, so why aren't THEY out helping with all the poverty and disease? Wouldn't they be doing something other than sending a few teenagers out on Peace Corps type missions? (Which is what got them involved in Civil War.) It didn't make any sense. And then I remembered: it's completely made up, so why does it have to make sense.

• Like Like x 1
  25. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Just compare the economies of the post-colonial areas of Africa with those that were not colonized and the facts are clear.

26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  27. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

A movie based on a comic book will prove to us that had Africa not been colonized, Africans would be "so advanced". Yeah, right! That makes sense.

Think any movie critics will have the cojones to give this SJW movie a bad review if they don't like it?

28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

No one seems to be complaining about the lack of diversity in this film

• Like Like x 1
  29. ProdigalHorn

Not completely clear whether we're supposed to think the office of sheriff is racist because it originated in England, Sessions is racist because he acknowledges that history, or the fact that we have sheriffs is proof that the office is specifically designed to maintain white nationalism.

30. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Lot's of people who claim to hate Hollywood triggered by a movie based on a comic book? Next.