Dumb Political Correctness

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Mr. Deez, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Mch
    Nicely done!

2. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

SH
    "So please get another historical event to exploit because not only are you belittling the horrors of one of the great crimes against humanity, you also sound ridiculous."

So Obama etc never separated children brought by people who illegally entered?

3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Why does the Left celebrate idiocy?

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The WAPO is now openly encouraging the harassment of women
    We live in strange times

[​IMG]

5. humahuma

humahuma 1,000+ Posts

I think you are referring to this
    If you beat up a protester at Trump’s rally, he’ll cover your legal fees.
    After receiving a notice from his security that someone might be planning to throw tomatoes at him (again), Trump told his supporters to “knock the crap out of them … I promise you, I will pay for the legal fees.” The crowd vociferously cheered him on.

Not opposition, protesters throwing tomatoes at president. Don’t want to get in pissing match with you SH, you have your beliefs. But I stand by my statement.

6. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Don't forget when Trump caled for his supporters to bring a gun to a knife fight..

7. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

One more from today:

8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

He's taking a stand
    Or is it a seat?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

That's gotta be satire, right?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

PH
    LOL that you would even wonder.
    I say it is real.

11. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I think it is. Link.

12. ProdigalHorn

:smile1::smile1::smile1:

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

14. ProdigalHorn

The left is getting more and more stupid by the day. This is beyond idiotic.

I thought about replying "We need a SCOTUS who knows the law." But that seemed irrelevant to the point he was trying to make.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Whoopi farts in the general direction of the BBC's 'too woke' skit

[​IMG]

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I feel like that must be a parody account -- its too funny to actually be them

17. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

It’s a parody account.

18. ProdigalHorn

Maybe this one is too...

Fortunately this one is getting absolutely demolished in the comments, which I expect was the reason they posted it.

19. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Meaning how we feel should be the judge.

20. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Wow. A lot of idiocy in this article.

What has this guy been smoking? Bad things are happening in the world, but this is a picnic on the beach in Tahiti compared to the 19th century. These people who think everything is so violent truly don't know what violence and war are. I guess if you think speech that makes somebody uncomfortable is violence as the mal-educated believe, then I can see why people would think violence is everywhere.

Actually they don't. Furthermore, the forces of the 21st century usually advocate less freedom, less inclusiveness, and more surrender to unaccountable central planners (meaning less spontaneity). It's the wrong direction to go.

I hate stupid, vague slogan terms like "unity" and "diversity." People who think they are opposites (like this dolt) are part of the problem. You can have diversity of arbitrary characteristics (like race, ethnicity, and sometimes religion), while having unity of culture, values, and purpose. People who think like this guy resist unity of culture, values, and purpose. That's what people fear, and they fear it for good reason. When you don't have a unity of culture, values, and purpose, it leads to violence and the destruction of civilizing institutions. But of course, this dummy thinks that opponents of people with his moronic viewpoint are just ignorant and fear racial and ethnic diversity.

Uh, yeah, we've had a paradigm shift since WWII. In fact, we had a paradigm shift precisely because of WWII. We'll never have war like that again in the West - so long as we can keep the West together and stop trying to ruin it by poisoning it with other more violent and more freedom-hating cultures that the globalist Left fetishizes.

• Like Like x 3
  21. ProdigalHorn

I think that may be the issue - fueled by a bubble that basically tells you every day that something awful happened to someone somewhere, which means it must be pervasive.

HuffPo just tweeted something this week about the U.S. being the third most dangerous place in the world for women in terms of sexual assault. I don't even know how to argue with that, it's so bizarrely wrong. I don't know if people are being deliberately dishonest, or they're so removed from any actual real-life exposure to issues that they think Twitter is actually what's happening in the world. Or something.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

For some, it's stupidity. For HuffPo, it's deliberate dishonesty.
    When you read about one of these "studies," you'll see that they don't just look at the sexual assault stats and run the percentages. That's too objective and too hard to rig. Instead, they generalize the study so they can pack it with subjectivity. For example, the study you're talking about wasn't specifically about sexual assault but about what countries are most "dangerous for women." Well, that has all kinds of wiggle room in which to insert a political agenda. They chose to base it on "rates of violence against women, a lack of economic resources, health care issues and traditions that perpetuate strict gender roles." Most of that has nothing to do with sexual assault, but it provides a vehicle from which to bash conservative-libertarian policy.

And of course, it wasn't even a study. It was a poll of "550 global experts on women’s issues." Who the hell is that? It's going to a bunch of Marxist pseudo-intellectuals on college campuses, the UN, and other America-hating organizations.

• Like Like x 5
  23. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

There have even been objective polls (actual violence) that include violence against women caused by a same sex partner.

24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

25. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I would say that can't be real
    But the vile stuff being spewed by so many left pols and public figures boggles anyone with half a brain.

26. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Here is something interesting to me. One of my Facebook friends is a black lady who used to work for the company I work for. She is married to a black man. Just now she just posted a funny video of a monkey carrying a stack of oranges; the meme said, "This is me not wanting to pay ten cents for a bag at the grocery store."

A monkey. A black lady. All her friends laughed. I liked it on FB and said something funny (because I'm a funny guy). No politics. Just a funny video and she saw no connection between the monkey or herself. How refreshing to see her mind being so relaxed about life.

• Like Like x 2
  27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

That was a pretty funny hashtag going around during the holiday
    #secondcivilwarletter

Example

• Like Like x 4
  28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The degree of outrage of the #MeToo crowd seems to vary proportionally with the politics and looks of the purported groper

[​IMG]

29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

In this instance, a reversal of dumb political correctness
    The state Supreme Ct in Wisc forced Marquette University to reinstate a prof it fired 3+ years ago (with pay)

" .... McAdams criticized a graduate teaching instructor by name for her refusal to allow a student to debate gay rights because “everybody agrees on this.” Marquette effectively fired McAdams later that year, suspending him indefinitely without pay.

Today, the Wisconsin Supreme Court said Marquette’s decision violated its guarantee of academic freedom to McAdams and ordered his immediate reinstatement.

“The undisputed facts show that the University breached its contract with Dr. McAdams when it suspended him for engaging in activity protected by the contract’s guarantee of academic freedom,” the court wrote. “Therefore, we reverse the circuit court and remand this cause with instructions to enter judgment in favor of Dr. McAdams, conduct further proceedings to determine damages (which shall include back pay), and order the University to immediately reinstate Dr. McAdams with unimpaired rank, tenure, compensation, and benefits.” ....."

https://www.thefire.org/wisconsin-s...ired-professor-for-opinions-on-personal-blog/

• Like Like x 2
  30. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

So my pussyhat-wearing cousin posted this on Facebook and says she's "officially jealous" of Canada. And this is what's wrong with politics. It's fine to disagree with Trump and consider him vulgar, but is this the alternative to embrace?

FB_IMG_1531309247618.jpg