Dumb Political Correctness

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Mr. Deez, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

It seems to me that he identified them as African and not French, effectively insinuating they were less French than the white players.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Apparently lost/tossed/dissolving nylon fishing nets are a big part of this issue

4. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  5. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

The whole the “Texas Revolution was over slavery” narrative has to be one of the most absurd historical narratives that completely ignores most other relevant facts.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
  6. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Will they rename San Francisco since St. Francis was a Catholic and therefore a symbol of Western colonialism and religious bigotry?

• Like Like x 2
  7. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

What really makes me vomit is this:
    Yeah, those Mexicans were really great humanitarians who wanted to ensure human rights. It's not like they would slaughter surrendering soldiers or anything like that. Noooo

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

If they acquiesce to this foolishness, then "Pussyville" is the most appropriate name out there.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

I would say "Snowflake, Texas", but snow is white and therefore racist, so how about "Diversity Flake, Texas"?

• Like Like x 2
  10. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Apparently the City ofAustin Equity Office has a full time staff of 4, plus an intern. The head of it calls himself the Chief Equity Officer. 80% minorities,of course. There’s a good use of your tax dollars Austinites. The front pageof their website details Austin’s racist past

11. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Virtueville

12. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Virtueville at Signal Junction.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Not The Onion, or the Bee

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

2/3s seems like a lot

Why does a politically liberal place like Hollywood have so many misogynists?

I ask some form of this question all the time but no one ever has the answer.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

I would be inclined to suggest Dumass but some snowflake might confuse that with a town in the Panhandle that is pronounced differently...

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

A clever designer has solved France's burkini controversy.

[​IMG]

17. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Twitter cofounder should give all that evil money he’s made from creating that Donald Trump bully pulpit away to charity.

18. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The NY Post asks a simple question -- "When will Democrats condemn the left’s growing turn to violence?

I guess the answer is -- not until the see an advantage to themselves in doing so? Which probably means never.

"Last week, a man was indicted for threatening to kill Republican Rep. Diane Black. “They were serious enough threats that the grand jury did take action,” Black said in an interview with Fox News.

It’s been barely a year since the shooting of House Majority Whip Steve Scalise during congressional baseball practice, and the story of the threats to Black was barely a blip in our news.

The shooting last June should have been a wake-up call for our political discourse, but we’ve only been on a further slide since then.

This month, Black’s fellow GOP congressman Jason Lewis says his daughters were threatened. A man threatened to chop up Sen. Rand Paul’s family with an ax.

Another was arrested outside the campaign office of Rep. Lee Zeldin for threatening to kill supporters of President Trump. And the Nebraska GOP office had bricks thrown through its windows and graffiti painted on its wall.

Last week, a guy was beaten up in Oakland after a crowd thought he was a member of the Proud Boys, a right-wing pro-Trump men’s rights group...."

https://nypost.com/2018/07/29/when-will-democrats-condemn-the-lefts-growing-turn-to-violence/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site buttons&utm_campaign=site buttons

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I thought this was funny. Starbucks replaced their plastic straws with sippy cups ... only to then offer single use paper straws wrapped in ... PLASTIC

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Victimhood is turning into bloodsport

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  22. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  23. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

• Like Like x 2
  24. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Burger King gets stupid, gets ratio'ed:

Let's be clear how dumb this is: a marketing team is lecturing its customers for a practice that marketing teams came up with in the first place.

• Like Like x 3
  25. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I understand the political point of this story, but this guy is stupid to publicly admit that he did this and pretty stupid to try it. He could get busted for insurance fraud or at a minimum see coverage denied if he gets in a wreck and files a claim. If you're going to lie to your auto insurer to hustle a cheaper rate, don't do it on something that's so easy to disprove.

26. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

https://www.queerty.com/hate-wins-c...d-transphobic-rampage-planet-fitness-20180731

Why is it the same ideology that advocates for women to have women-only safe spaces, expect full consent to be respected such that women should control how they are engaged with men in all circumstances, suddenly says that if that man identifies as transgender (or is a migrant, possibly) then the women involved are hateful bigots?

• Like Like x 1
  27. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

• Like Like x 3
  28. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

Because the left has a hierarchy of grievance validity. Transgenders are higher up the pyramid of grievance than heterosexual women.

29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This is pretty insane.

Nine states are seeking a TRO and prior restraint on information posted on the internet. I think we will see more and more attacks on the 1st Amendment like this going forward as liberals attempt to redefine it. Despite the fact that there is a huge body of law on free speech developed over the previous 200 years+, they have decided they dont like it anymore and, on that basis alone, think they should be able to change it. This is all that matters to them.

[​IMG]

30. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

So this article is titled "Is American Childhood Toxic" and I thought... Amen. Couldn't agree more. And then I read it. And now I get why portions of America are so completely unhinged. Apparently kids are being trained to be "gladiators" in school, with no empathy, no kindness, only trying to beat everyone else, and they're seen as failures if they don't. That... apparently... is why we have school shootings.

The part about adults wanting to still be kids is right on the money. Everything else is borderline crazy. But it's the perfect example of taking isolated incidents or issues and applying them on a grand scale. We "put kids in cages" and therefore kids in elementary school around the country are being taught to be evil capitalists who want to shoot each other because they haven't been taught that health care is a human right and that egalitarianism rather than competition is the right way to live. That sounds like hyperbole and exaggeration of the guy's point. But I'm not sure it is.

https://eand.co/is-american-childhood-toxic-3eda460fca12

• Like Like x 1