Dumb Political Correctness

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Mr. Deez, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

2. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Just as a virtue signaling conservative is almost always a hypocrite.

3. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Most of the time, yes.

4. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Animal Crackers uncaged. Link. These people know that we're talking about a box, right? It's not real animals.

• Like Like x 2
  5. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Sure, but you know the difference right? A virtue signaling liberal wants to ban smoking at business establishments, ban petroleum pipelines, over regulate businesses, tax carbon-based fuel, subsidize biofuel, legislate wages, etc. A virtue signaling conservative wants to keep his guns and mostly wants to be left alone.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

When I think of a "virtue signalling conservative" I think of people like Jerry Falwell and other pulpit bangers who preach hellfire and damnation to the people, but then live their private lives in many less than savory ways. So that group, yeah, they're very hypocritical.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
  7. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Falwell isn’t threatening to ruin the economy like a Hollywood liberal who wants to look virtuous.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Sangre Naranjada

Oh, no doubt about that.

9. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I don't know about you guys, but when I get my period, I'm pretty bitchy. Link.

10. Sangre Naranjada

That woman says the world sees her as a woman just because she gets a period. Yep. That'll definitely qualify you.

Here's a hint, honey child: you were born with two X chromosomes inside every cell in your body. That makes you what biologists call a "female". Use the public potty that has the conveniences supplied for "females" when you are on your period and you won't have to worry where to put the used hygiene products. Bless your heart.

• Like Like x 4
  11. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

What's funny about this is that a pure branding standpoint, they should have made the change. It's an outdated visual marketing to kids who have never seen a circus and likely never will. And so if they'd just said "you know, we need a fresh look, let's change this," no one would have said anything, and it would have been a good move.

I'm curious whether this just NPR and PETA grandstanding to try and take credit for a pretty obvious and common-sense marketing decision.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ProdigalHorn

When I first heard about this story, I actually thought it was a biological male claiming that he identified as a female and believed he got periods just like a woman. And sadly... I did not discount as unbelievable the thought that someone would make that argument.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

14. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Anybody think that the Antifa will follow the 80s radicals paths?

Some of those antifa look pretty old to me.

15. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I wouldn't call him a virtue signaler, just a dumbasshole (i.e. both a dumbass, and an *******).

16. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Geez Now the left is whining because the flag at the WH was raised to full staff
    per the Flag code

17. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

When in doubt, the media knows to invent controversy to whip up the masses, even if it means making **** up after the Code was followed.

18. Sangre Naranjada

There's a good discussion of this going on in the McCain thread.

19. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

It is pretty hilarious how quickly they will switch over to defend Republican people or Republican positions on issues the instant Trump opposes them.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ProdigalHorn

A Brown University Researcher Released A Study About Teens Imitating Their Peers By Turning Trans. The Left Went Insane. So Brown Caved.

From the actual report:

Among the noteworthy patterns Littman found in the survey data: 21 percent of parents reported their child had one or more friends become transgender-identified at around the same time; 20 percent reported an increase in their child's social media use around the same time as experiencing gender dysphoria symptoms; and 45 percent reported both. … The pattern of clusters of teens in friend groups becoming transgender-identified, the group dynamics of these friend groups and the types of advice viewed online led her to the hypothesis that friends and online sources could spread certain beliefs. Examples include the belief that non-specific symptoms such as feeling uncomfortable in their own skins or feeling like they don't fit in -- which could be a part of normal puberty or associated with trauma -- should be perceived as gender dysphoria; the belief that the only path to happiness is transition; and the belief that anyone who disagrees with the teen is transphobic and should be cut out of their life.

"Of the parents who provided information about their child's friendship group, about a third responded that more than half of the kids in the friendship group became transgender-identified," Littman said. "A group with 50 percent of its members becoming transgender-identified represents a rate that is more 70 times the expected prevalence for young adults."

Additionally, 62 percent of parents reported their teen or young adult had one or more diagnoses of a psychiatric disorder or neurodevelopmental disability before the onset of gender dysphoria. Forty-eight percent reported that their child had experienced a traumatic or stressful event prior to the onset of their gender dysphoria, including being bullied, sexually assaulted or having their parents get divorced.

Brown's response:

Independent of the University’s removal of the article because of concerns about research methodology, the School of Public Health has heard from Brown community members expressing concerns that the conclusions of the study could be used to discredit efforts to support transgender youth and invalidate the perspectives of members of the transgender community.

The University and School have always affirmed the importance of academic freedom and the value of rigorous debate informed by research. The merits of all research should be debated vigorously, because that is the process by which knowledge ultimately advances, often through tentative findings that are often overridden or corrected in subsequent higher quality research. The spirit of free inquiry and scholarly debate is central to academic excellence. At the same time, we believe firmly that it is also incumbent on public health researchers to listen to multiple perspectives and to recognize and articulate the limitations of their work. This process includes acknowledging and considering the perspectives of those who criticize our research methods and conclusions and working to improve future research to address these limitations and better serve public health. There is an added obligation for vigilance in research design and analysis any time there are implications for the health of the communities at the center of research and study.

The School’s commitment to studying and supporting the health and well-being of sexual and gender minority populations is unwavering. Our faculty and students are on the cutting edge of research on transgender populations domestically and globally. The commitment of the School to diversity and inclusion is central to our mission, and we pride ourselves on building a community that fully recognizes and affirms the full diversity of gender and sexual identity in its members. These commitments are an unshakable part of our core values as a community.

In an effort to support robust research and constructive dialogue on gender identity in adolescents and youth, the School will be organizing a panel of experts to present the latest research in this area and to define directions for future work to optimize health in transgender communities. We believe that more and better research is needed to help guide advances in the health of the LGBTQ community. We welcome input from faculty, staff and students about the composition of this panel and scope of the discussion.

Translation: We clearly need some re-education and empathy training on this campus.

21. Sangre Naranjada

Second translation: Our indoctrination efforts are powerful but they are not yet perfect, so when a dissenting opinion slips through the cracks, we simply employ our whitewashing teams. (With apologies to those offended by the term "white"wash.)

• Like Like x 2
  22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

23. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Luckily my two children are very clear-minded about what they are. My girl is a girly girl but also likes sports. She knows what she is and is what she is. Same with my son. In fact I have to coach him to be a little more empathetic for people who truly might have a gender issue. In other words, let's not ridicule people. I guess his smirk is evidence that he's not confused.

24. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

I remember Christine Jorgensen. "She" was the first trans gender person to become well known in the U.S. That was in the mid-Fifties. She had been a G.I. who served in WW2. After the war, George Jorgensen headed for Copenhagen and sex reassignment surgery and came back Christine Jorgensen.

Americans were dumbfounded when they heard about Christine. It was a simpler time. Your sex was determined at birth and that was that. I miss the clarity of that era.

• Like Like x 2
  25. ProdigalHorn

Outside you: "Now son, you have to be patient with people. If this kid is saying this, he's probably struggling with things, and making fun of him is only going to make it worse for him."
    Inside you: "YES!!! THANK GOD!! That's my boy!"

26. ProdigalHorn

Oh, and now there's this:

Fortunately these things are getting so ridiculous that it seems like only the partisan leftists are buying it anymore.

27. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I'm sure he didn't intend to make it a racial comment, but generally you don't use the term "monkey" in any context that involves blacks unless you're literally talking about monkeys. Just way too easy to be misconstrued and/or exploited.

• Like Like x 1
  28. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

It sounds like Gillum's consultant is the racist.

In reality, the guy could have said "pink flamingo this thing up" and it wouldn't have mattered because the most over used tool in the Dem playbook is the race card.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Definitely true, but we don't have to help them.

• Like Like x 1
  30. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

Remember the good ole days when you could describe african americans as articulate monkeys and no one except the african americans were offended?