Dumb Political Correctness

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Mr. Deez, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

When did this occur? I was in Corpus a couple of times last summer, and I saw more Valero stations than Stripes.

2. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

Stripes is the convience store, it sells various types of gas (including valero). So you will have a "valero stripes", etc. The vast, vast majority of stations from George West to Padre Island are Stripes.

3. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

I'm not sure about the super structure. Marx was primarily concerned with the social interaction of people, and ultimately believed the proletariat would rise-up and overthrow the capitalists due to repetitive economic "crises" (supply and demand imbalances) that grew increasingly large. Towards the end of his life, he realized that this may not happen with capitalism. His thinking, on more issues than just "crises", is represented by many democrats today.

4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Average Joes beings able to invest in the stock market plus corporate workers (even low level) given company stock in their retirement accounts killed whatever chance Marxism had post-70's. And since the WWII, the economic booms have been bigger than the busts (except maybe recently - stay tuned).

• Like Like x 1
  5. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

That is true. However, Democrats still use Marx' concept of "alienation" of various classes to sell their bullsh-- policies, and half the people are still buying. The Marxists, like the Dems, use the concept to tell people how they should "feel" and how they should act, and use the assumption that they can tell the people these things as a moral sword. That same line of thinking has lead to some very bad events around the world.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Violation of 4 USC §8 ?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

LOL - this is one of the worst videos ever

9. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

"We're going to donate so much money to women's health clinics, we'll prove Libertarians correct about private donations vs public funding."

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Wish I had the last 2 minutes of my life back.

• Like Like x 1
  11. NJlonghorn

NJlonghorn 2,500+ Posts

On the flip side, Libertarians would argue against government regulations that impose unnecessary restraints on abortion, artificially increasing the market price. Without those restrictions, abortions would be widely available and inexpensive, with or without Planned Parenthood.

People tend to forget that the traditional and official libertarian position is pro-choice. In fact, a long-standing plank in their party platform (including this year) says "Recognizing that abortion is a sensitive issue and that people can hold good-faith views on all sides, we believe that government should be kept out of the matter, leaving the question to each person for their conscientious consideration.”

12. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

It is good that Democrats are also against such government intervention in women's health care, otherwise they would support unnecessary restraints and raise market prices on other areas of the health related market, like ACA.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

14. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The things these people like to call news, and then argue about .....

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

A college snowflake cries ‘wolf’ over some KKK imagery in a window.

Hilarity ensues

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  17. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Twitter had a list of the top ten stupid things crazy-liberal Sweden did in 2016.

There were some real head-scratchers;

paying a jihadist his welfare money ($4000/mo) while he was off fighting for ISIS somewhere in the M.E.

letting migrants drive legally without any kind of license or training

excusing terrorism as a reaction to white, right-wing groups

but No. 1 was incredible. They acquitted five migrants accused of raping a disabled woman in a wheelchair because....... SHE DIDN'T PUT UP ENOUGH OF A FIGHT!!! Poor woman is almost paralyzed.

Sweden truly is doomed.

• Like Like x 1
  18. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

The perpetually offended will always go out of their way to look to be offended...

• Like Like x 2
  19. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Yep, unfortunately it's a nationwide phenomenon. The phony narrative of Ferguson lit the fire and now it's raging out of control. And, the more you appease the Left, the more they want. Maybe Trump has the big brass balls to stand up to them and say, enough is enough.

20. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

I would argue that position would be a non sequitur given their political dogma. It really comes down to when one believes life begins. If one believes that an unborn baby is a human life then I cannot see how a true and honest Libertarian would not argue for that baby's basic human right to life and liberty.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  22. texas_ex2000

texas_ex2000 2,500+ Posts

Support FedEx

• Like Like x 1
  23. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

If they weren't so crappy at shipping things to my APO address, I would use FedEx.

24. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

At least FedEx has announced he will not be fired. That took some cajones to do.
    Leftists are calling for him to be fired.

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  25. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Of course. Then he can be an unemployed zero like those nitwits who were "protesting" likely are. Exactly what the liberals want, so then the rest of us can pay for them to live.

26. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Horninchi,
    Sorry I meant to post he will NOT be fired. I corrected it.

• Like Like x 1
  27. horninchicago

I had already heard he is not going to be fired. Just not surprised the leftists would call for that.

28. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Agree. Waiting for the lefty call to boycott Fedex.

• Like Like x 1
  29. horninchicago

Fred may be the first one to step up with a big F you to those loons.

• Like Like x 1
  30. horninchicago

And, of course, boycotts like that will usually have the opposite effect. Ask Chik-Fil-A about that.

• Like Like x 3