Dumb Political Correctness

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Mr. Deez, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Should make for some interesting MLK Day celebrations.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Oh the FBI said it? Not sure I believe it then. Jk.

I don't disbelieve it. I know they were closely spying on him up to the moment of his death. I even read about them being close during his murder. Close enough that there some people questions what was really going on.

There I go again with a conspiracy theory. Of course they were actively spying on him so that counts as conspiracy itself.

• poop poop x 1
  3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

2016: Craig Telfer is ranked 200th
    2017: Craig Telfer is ranked 390th
    2018: Craig Telfer 'transitions to female'
    2019: CeCe Telfer is national champion

Built-in advantage - WORLD
    [​IMG]

• poop poop x 2
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  4. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

Wow, that’s a Cinderella story, if I ever heard one.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

It would be a Cinderella story if Cinderella had pulled up her dress in the fairytale and shown Price Charming a big, swinging schlong. I don't remember the story going that way, but with the way transgenderism is getting pushed on kids, maybe we'll see that story soon.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

7. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

I bought a DVD copy of "Blazing Saddles" a couple of years ago on the advise of Glenn Reynolds who said to get it now before the left burns them all.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Correct on your recollection. But the methods employed are now verboten by the Nazi left who prefers no instruction but straight to punishment instead. Otherwise it’s not in alignment with their virtue signaling and mob mentality.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

You mean Cinderfella...

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

Or Genderella

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Can you imagine what would happen if Blazing Saddles were released today? The Left would threaten boycotts of any movie chain showing it and it'd be pulled in no time.

Surprisingly it was on either Netflix or Amazon Prime just recently.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

I was telling mom about the Blazing Saddles nonsense and I could tell that, if she was not there already, this was peak-SJW for her. She is nearing the mid-70's and is sick of the nonsense. As we discussed it, she is actually set to go try and FIND a DVD of the movie to buy...and she isn't one to usually buy movies.

15. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

My Mom was born in 1936 and let me tell you, the PCness is making her vomit too. She thinks Liberals are the weakest minded political group in memory and says people need to suck it up and stop indulging all their hang-ups. She has no mercy on them. And she's not a religious zealot either. Just a realist. Life is tough. Deal with it. She's been groped by men before. She gets the #metoo thing but it became so much a "look at me look at me" rush of narcissistic victimhood that she began mocking them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

More views of folks over 70, please.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • poop poop x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

My Grandfather advised me when I made fun of
    old people" I had 2 possible futures;
    to die or to be "old".
    I never again disdained anyone older or any older
    persons opinions.
    Trump is doing ok certainly for our economy
    Or for the haters
    Biden Bernie, DiFi,Schumer Durbin etc. How do you feel about their views?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Looks like we have an ageist bigot on the West Mall.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I think this only means that older folks are mentally tougher than today's youth. It's a travesty what qualifies as being triggered or traumatized. There is a high-level of brain-washing going on in terms of enabling their emotions to become mush and I think the adults around here know it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

It's all about perspective. What you see as "mentally tough" others see as resistant to change. I still remember the day in 1985 when my 56yr old German Grandfather said "you know her father's a wetback" while discussing my new half-Mexican middle-school girlfriend. I was stunned. Of course, her father was actually a co-worker and somewhat a friend to my grandfather, a man who co-founded the Teamsters in Nebraska. Mentally tough or resistant to change? As I slowly creep on 50 my own resistance to change is evident. Heck, it's evident on the West Mall daily.

We all get triggered. The only difference is what triggers us. I read recently that this next election will be the first that the millenial generation and younger outnumbers the baby boomers and older for voting eligibility. It's now their world. Meanwhile we'll be relegated to sitting on our proverbial porches and shouting at the lawn.

21. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This stuff gets so tiresome ....

I would argue that "hate speech" does not really exist. It doesnt because it cannot. What is acceptable to one person might not be acceptable to the next. When a person, persons or entity censors speech on these grounds, then that person, persons or entity get to be the arbiter of what is acceptable or not. This is just one reason free speech is such an important principle.

But I concede I am not sure what we are supposed to do with leftists who do not recognize principles or the need for them.

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

24. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Vox got Youtube to change their mind. You just have to scream louder and shriller and add in a little threat towards them.

Now Crowder is demonetized.

25. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

26. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 1
  27. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I liked the time Milo wrote an article saying contraceptives made women fat, moody, and less healthy (i.e., higher chance of serious side effects) quoting articles in reputable med journals. The feminazi left about crucified him.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

I like the Come And Take It flag better.

29. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

Not sure how that would come off on a straight pride flag, frankly.:shh:

• Funny Funny x 2
  30. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

We don't need any stinking flags.