Dumb Political Correctness

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Mr. Deez, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

This entire post is one gigantic winner.

2. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Agree. The important thing that doesn't seem to be happening enough is that schools and parents should teach more critical thinking and learning how to question the source and the information presented. Of course, this runs counter to the quasi-authoritarian mindset of many school systems, and many don't want the "party line" questioned--be it right, left, center, or whatever.

So, people (including kids of an appropriate age) should be able to get a copy of, and read, Chairman Mao's Little Red Book, Mein Kampf, the Protocols, Howard Zinn's writings, Mississippi's Declaration of the Causes of Secession, or other such "dangerous and subversive" drivel. After learning how to distinguish fact from opinion, question the source(s), challenge the author, and think critically, exposure to such drivel would not be indoctrination, but rather an important educational exercise.

3. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Like with everything Communists do, if you add an adjective like Progressive or Social in front of a normal noun like Church or Justice, the combination means the 180 degree opposite of the original meaning.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

AOC, Elizabeth Warren, and Crazy Bernie are backing Tiffany Caban for Queens, NY DA, which probably means she will win.

Caban's platform includes: ending prosecutions for unlicensed driving, prostitution and recreational drug use among many other things.

In fact, about the only people she will prosecute are federal immigration agents “who exceed their authority and endanger our communities.”

Wow, sounds like we're approaching John Carpenter's vision of NYC in "Escape From New York". Only problem is the Dems probably won't vote to fund the wall around NYC that we're going to need.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  6. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I am sure Soros is giving Tiffany plenty of money.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

I think the pendulum is swinging and it isn't all bad. Those in authority need more accountability and normal people need to be left alone. Unlicensed driving to me isn't a huge issue as long as its a citizen and they haven't demonstrated bad behavior. Let's give the little guy a break for a change.

8. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

It isn't all bad. The problem is that when you go lax on the little stuff, you sometimes get an uptick in the bigger stuff and get more flagrant and open flaunting of the little stuff. For example, she is going to stop prosecuting prostitution offenses. If it's your neighborhood, do you really want streetwalkers roaming the area with no fear of getting caught? I don't. Furthermore, if you want racial "justice" to be a major factor in how you prosecute crime, you're sure to see a lot of injustice including on big stuff.

Also, unlicensed driving isn't a huge issue, except that it almost always goes with uninsured driving, which is a huge issue. I'll bet she won't prosecute that very much either because of the ethnicity and immigration status that so often goes with it. If you don't prosecute that, then everybody else has to buy uninsured motorist coverage. She's going to be a fan of that, because it effectively means that wealthier (white) people are forced to buy car insurance for poorer (black, Latino, and illegal immigrant) drivers.

9. Sangre Naranjada

How hot are these streetwalkers?

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Most streetwalkers I've seen are nasty skanks. Even Garmel would stay away from them.

And that crap influences kids. Two years ago, we visited some friends in Rota, Spain, and they took us to the beach. Everything was fine, but two chicks showed up and took their tops off. Deez, Jr. (who had just turned 3) was with us. I tried to play it off and hope he didn't see them, but he clearly did before we could move down the beach a little. (Of course, I saw them too, but I had to pretend not to look.) Later that night, we were hanging out by our friends' pool, and their neighbors came over. One of them was a very busty (but not wearing anything particularly revealing) woman who was about 40, and she took a liking to Deez, Jr., and he was sitting on her lap. Out of nowhere, he pulled her shirt up, pointed to her "ample bosoms," and yelled, "what's that?!? What's that's?!?" It was innocent. He was very little at the time, and the woman wasn't angry. However, would he have done that had he not seen some topless chicks just a few hours earlier? Probably not.

The point is that this stuff gets in our heads and in our kids' heads. Personally, I don't think incidentally seeing a boob is a huge deal, but would I want to have to explain hookers doing business on the street? No.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Sangre Naranjada

Don't underestimate Garmel.

• Funny Funny x 4
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

So it sounds like a Cook County Circuit Court Judge has ordered a Special Prosecutor in the Smollett matter --

"A judge ruled Friday that a special prosecutor needs to investigate Cook County State’s Attorney Kimberly Foxx’s handling of the Jussie Smollett case and that the “Empire” actor should be re-examined for possible criminal charges."

Not sure if anyone in that state can be trusted to be honest, thorough, to follow the law and be above politics, but there you go

Special prosecutor to probe Jussie Smollett case

• Like Like x 1
  13. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

According to Rush, Pelosi and Schumer were high-fiving and dancing on the WH lawn after the briefing in which Trump told them about the plans to attack those three sites. If true, what does that say about the Dems?

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

And no telling what else

• WTF? WTF? x 2
  15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Maybe she is French?

16. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

They are a scam in that the natural deodorants don’t work. Save your money and don’t buy it if you don’t care about smelly armpits.

17. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

If she treats her children this way, the State will take her children away to protect them from her. When Trump does it to children, it is “good government policy”, not child abuse.

18. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I missed the part where she said they did not need soap etc.

19. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

There are issues in the detention centers due to overcrowding. Remember when Trump and the border patrol said there was a crisis at the border and you stupidly laughed at them because the MSM said that there wasn't a crisis? There is a crisis.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

She would not stipulate that soap and toothbrushes were required in order for the facilities to be consider safe and sanitary, which the law requires. Frankly, if the conditions are this bad, that is a legitimate concern and point of criticism.

The problem I see from the Democrats is that this criticism is made in bad faith. They should be pushing to improve the facilities and funding them if that's the real concern. I could be wrong, but I'm not seeing much of a push for that. What I'm mostly seeing is a push for not detaining them at all - essentially "let them in now, ask questions later, and hope they show up" - since that's working out so well in Europe.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

So this is from conditions in 2017. Pretty sure Trump was not POTUS then.So these conditions are from Obama's policies.

This is what the DOJ off.said
    "To me it’s more like it’s within everybody’s common understanding: If you don’t have a toothbrush, if you don’t have soap, if you don’t have a blanket, it’s not safe and sanitary,” Senior U.S. Circuit Judge A. Wallace Tashima told Justice Department lawyer Sarah Fabian. “Wouldn’t everybody agree to that? Would you agree to that?”

Fabian said she thought it was fair to say “those things may be” part of the definition of safe and sanitary."

BTW Fabian is NOT a Trump appointee. She has been with the DOJ before Trump became POTUS and has been involved in immigration cases long before Trump

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Hollandtx

Hollandtx 250+ Posts

Why a Government Lawyer Argued Against Giving Immigrant Kids Toothbrushes

To Mr. Deez's point, this has been an issue through a few Presidents, but we have not had to contend with the enormous numbers of people. Or, the media's pure hatred of Trump. And, I'm no lawyer, but it seems it would take some work to change the law, and I haven't seen or heard any Dem starting an effort to do so.
    No one would believe this happened under the mighty Obama, but it did.
    What I don't understand is the 24 hour lights. Is that to keep any sexual assaults from happening?

Also, if I am going on a trip, I pack my own toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, and extra clothes. As a nation, we have 17 out of 10,000 citizens that are homeless. We've had several national disasters like hurricanes and fires that have devastated entire communities.
    Where do we put our money?
    I don't know the answer, but this is a major cluster.
    My church sent some vans to Larado and McAllen with what we called "hygiene" bags, that contained all of the above plus plastic razors. With all the people coming, it's but a drop in the bucket though.
    I sure don't hear any Democrats coming up with realistic solutions, however. These kids are political pawns.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

24. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

25. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Haven't Democrats in the Congress voted against increasing the resources available to take care of people on the border several times?

I do know at the start of all this Ted Cruz wrote a bill to devote more resources to the border to improve the situation for law enforcement AND to take care of the immigrants. It didn't go any where though. Nobody would vote for it. But Ted is so unlikable. Keep thinking that.

• Winner Winner x 1
  26. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

You are correct. This isn't a new phenomenon. The problem has been aggravated by the numbers, but it has existed for years. So it is an area where bipartisan cooperation should be able to work out a solution. However, Democrats have figured out (with a lot of media help) how to leverage it against Trump by largely ignoring its history which gives the illusion that he created the problem (a falsehood that is seldom corrected) and then using it to inject a Sally Struthers-type appeal into the 2020 election. If you want to save the children, vote against Trump.

• Agree Agree x 2
  27. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

This article and others like it is why I read The Atlantic despite it's leftism. The most interesting point is near the bottom of the article. Democrats who go to college and follow the news are actually dumber about Republicans and their views than those who don't. And it isn't a lack knowledge. It is affirmatively believing something that is wrong. They know something that isn't so.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  28. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Has Trump reduced some of the services which detainees have access to? In other words, has life in the detention center become worse or much worse? That is what my liberal friends say, but I am not as knowledgeable.

29. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Monah
    Good Question.
    No the Trump admin has not as a policy reduced services.What has happened is the huge hordes who are overwhelming our BP and detention centers.The private companies are over crowded.
    Of course Dems won't accept reality as long as they can use this against Trump

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  30. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Except that unlicensed driver OFTEN runs concurrently with the uninsured driver...and those are drivers we cannot afford to have on the road in their crapboxes that are also likely not registered and inspected.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1