Dumb Political Correctness

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Mr. Deez, Feb 8, 2012.

1. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

2. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Just looked it up. On November 2 2016 Quinnipiac had Clinton winning in Florida, Ohio, North Carolina and Pennsylvania. Odd that longest horn would buy into quinnipiac for accurate information .

'Trump is a racist.... If you voted for trump, you're a racist....If you are thinking of voting for trump in 2020 given the economic turn around (whether you think he created, or simply sustained it) then you too could possibly be a racist'. .....Hard to take him seriously. Now he's "clinging to" his Quinnipiac polling, as inaccurate as it may be.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I'm sympathetic to this argument and generally agree. However, there's more to it. I don't think the people generally want big deficits. However, they are woefully uneducated and mal-educated about the budget. Nobody explains it to them comprehensively. The media and pundits should be doing this, but the information they provide is scattered, inconsistent, and out of context to such a degree that it is deceptive even if it isn't always blatantly false. And of course, this is intentional and agenda-driven.

So I understand the idea of blaming the people, but it's a little like blaming a 3 year old for finding a container of pills, eating them, and getting sick. Yes, he is doing something stupid, but his parents are supposed to be teaching him not to do that and keeping dangerous things away from him. Well, most voters are about as informed about the budget as a 3 year old is about drug toxicity and overdose.

5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

6. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Just imagine. A society where the government teaches your kids to think what they want them to think. Then private news media operate as a wing of 1 political party for decades all the while claiming independence. What would that political system look like? What kind of people would be elected by that society? What would those who are elected do?

Deez, your 3 year old analogy is appropriate. But it doesn't go far enough. I think it is more like telling your 7 year old that the pills are stomach medicine and that if there stomach is ever a little upset to take as much as it takes to help you. Of course the pills make you throw up.

Ignorance is actually better than miseducation.

7. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

So you want the media to be our parents in this scenario? Did you mean to say that?

8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Go figure

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Kathy Griffin's entertainment value was on a steep decline even before her brush with ISIS ideology.

10. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

I don't think he meant that. But the media is supposed to inform the public what the truth is.

11. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Maybe, but only in the sense that a guy sitting on the couch all day eating a bag potato chips and drinking a 60 oz coke doesn't want to be out of shape.

That was an odd response. Did you read my post as saying "That means the label must be right sometimes"?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  12. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Do we know which of his houses it was?
    Was it his listed home address in his home district that he does not actually live in?
    Or, was it the fancy hotel he actually does live in?
    Or, was it one of his vacation homes?
    I'm just askin.

15. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

16. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Is #MeToo a two-way street?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Now robots are racist

• poop poop x 2
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

These are some of the folks who decide who and what gets banned on Facebook

[​IMG]

20. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

GOP tells us interracial marriage has caused spiritual AIDS. That’s not racism, right Hornfans?

21. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

That's racist.

22. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

No the GOP did not say that.
    A stupid jerk did.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Everything's racist

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

GOP? Give me a break!

• Like Like x 1
  25. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Moronic first and foremost because he confuses interracial marriages with multiculturalism.

• Agree Agree x 2
  26. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Wouldn’t interracial marriages reduce multiculturalism? Isolationism is the hallmark of multiculturalism. The guy is a dumb ***.

27. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

It's racist. Of course, I have no idea who the hell this guy is or when the GOP endorsed his comments.

• Like Like x 2
  28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Deep Thoughts (maybe) by Jack Handy
    (who is also probably a racist)
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  30. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

If its on the internet then it must be true.

Signed,
    Jussie Smollett

• Winner Winner x 1