Dumb Political Correctness

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Mr. Deez, Feb 8, 2012.

1. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

They're pretty good at making up stories that don't rely on facts. And if facts get in the way, they just ignore them.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Are white Hollywood actors and actresses having to dye themselves in order to get work? Wouldn't surprise me. It's pissing off the Woke Ones, but what doesn't.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  3. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

HornHuskerDad, leftists determine what is fact and what is not, since at least 1917

4. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

73 percent of Republican college students have hidden their politics out of fears over their grades. Link.

I did this in college in the '90s but not in every class. I had one conservative professor (though he wasn't openly conservative). I was vocally conservative around him. I had some liberal professors who believed in free thought. I was comfortable expressing my views in their classes. In fact, one professor who was openly favorable to and admiring of Ché Guevara wrote one of my recommendation letters to for law school. She obviously detested my politics, but she admired my work ethic, interest in the course, and willingness to respectfully engage and challenge her. (Looking back, she was sexy in a nerdy, quirky Joan Cusack kind of way. I probably could have worked an angle there.)

But there were also professors who, based on their tone and ridicule, clearly didn't want to be challenged. They were all leftists, and I hid my politics in their classes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

This truly is a WTF?? Sweden and Denmark are screwed. Let's hope it doesn't happen here.

Sweden
    A woman stabbed a man in self defence while she was being raped.

She has now been arrested for attempted murder.

We have the worlds first "feminist" government. Women get arrested for self defence now.
    Sadly, this isn’t the first time the Swedish authorities have seemingly failed to deliver justice to the victim.

In 2016, a wheelchair-bound woman who claimed to have been gang-raped had her alleged attackers released after she was thought not to have fought back hard enough or attempting to escape; implying consent.

43% of rapes in Sweden were committed against children.

Only 1 in 5 foreign rapists in Sweden were deported in 2017.
    In Denmark, a 17-year-old girl was threatened with prosecution for using pepper spray–which was illegal–to ward off a potential rapist.

6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

7. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

European countries have laws permitting self-defense. However, it's clear that they really want you to bring in the police rather than using force to protect yourself if it's even remotely possible to do so. They put all kinds of restrictions on what kind of force you can use and where or when you can use it.

The big difference is that you have a very strong duty to retreat, and you have no right to use deadly force to protect property. That combination leads to some weird practical limits on self-defense. For example, if someone breaks into your house, you can't just assume he's going to hurt you. He might just be there to steal your stuff, and you can't protect your stuff with deadly force, so you better not go for your knives, baseball bats, hunting rifle, just because he's in your house.

What this leads to is enormous Monday morning quarterbacking of self-defense cases that you wouldn't likely see in the US. For example, this story has been big news within the military community. Four men invaded a US Army civilian's home while he and his family were home. He is retired military, so he knows how to whip some ***. He's able to force three of them out, but while doing that, one is able to get to his wife and tries to strangle her. The civilian gets a kitchen knife and confronts him. The attacker gets off of her and comes at him. He stabs him, and the guy got out of the house but later died from his wounds.

In the US, this would almost surely be a clear self-defense case. The police would talk to him, but if his story added up, that would be the end of it. Not here. There was a full scale investigation, and a case was built (at the request of the surviving burglars and family of the dead guy) for "excessive self-defense." They ended up dropping the case, but the guy was in real jeopardy of being charged, so he had to hire defense counsel, spend money, waste a lot of time, etc.

Why? Because of the laws. How did he force three guys out of his house? Did he use a weapon to do it? If so, had the invaders given him sufficient reason to think they were there to cause bodily harm rather than "just" steal? What about the guy attacking his wife? Seems about as clear cut as it gets. Nope. He got off his wife when the civilian entered the room and ran toward him. How does he know the guy wasn't just trying to retreat? Because of the laws, those kinds of stupid-*** questions get raised and taken seriously.

I can see similar kinds of issues coming up in a rape case. If a guy is "only" trying to rape a woman, does that justify deadly force at all? One could argue that it's disproportionate or excessive. Or suppose he "finishes" and tries to leave. Can she use deadly force to prevent his escape or to avenge the rape? No. Basically, the quicker the guy blows his wad, the narrower her opportunity to resist, fight back, etc.

You bring up the feminism angle, but you're missing the intersectional angle. These rape victims are probably white women, so they can only play the feminism card against white guys. Well, there's a good chance that these rapes are being done by Middle Eastern "migrants." That's going to trump the feminism card, so victim blaming and second-guessing her actions before, during, and after the rape are fair game.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Disgusting

9. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Like I said in the Brexit discussion. Slavery.

10. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

So what you are saying is that the EU government is misogynistic and racist. Sounds like it needs to be overthrown.

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

But isnt "blackface" considered racist?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Here, PragerU asks people to sign a petition protecting eagles that haven't hatched

Everyone signs the petition

PragerU then asks those same people to sign a petition protecting unborn babies

They refused

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

15. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Wow That blonde :facepalm:

Mr D
    do not tell us you would have done her back in the day.

16. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Which blonde?

17. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

LOL I did not notice there were so many in the clip since even though the others made stupid millennial remarks they didn't scream bimbo.
    The stereotypical one sitting down.The one who said babies are gross

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Hey guys, check this out

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

So the judge in the Rand Paul attacker case was a judicial activist Obama appointee. Go figure, right? She not only gave a very lenient sentence as a token of appreciation for the attacker's resistance efforts but called him an “educated person" with “excellent background.” For good measure, she even thanked him for his courage.

And so the case made it up on appeal. The 6th Circuit panel was not amused. It overturned the 30 day prison sentence of Rene Boucher, who could have received up to 10 years for assault on a member of congress.

I know I must sound like a broken record on this point in this forum but federal judicial appointments do matter. They are our last line of defense to save this Republic.

Federal Court Rules Rand Paul Attacker's 30-Day Sentence Too Lenient

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

21. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

She's wearing a niqab. That must have been quite an intersectional dilemma.

22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Which was always inevitable, and will remain so going forward

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

That's because your average Muslim makes Jerry Falwell look like Barney Frank.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

good enuf to repost
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Seems about right
    To me this highlights the gulf between the difference between what politicians think people want and what people actually want.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Does AOC know about this?

27. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

She probably hired somebody to anonymously bring some food to her district office.

28. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

This is the kind of thing that makes me question the effectiveness of corporate virtue signaling. Chick fil a might be the most politically controversial company in the United States, but when it comes to people actually buying chicken sandwiches, very few seem to care even in politically liberal places.

I used to live in the Great Hills area of Austin, and there is a Chick fil a at 183 & Braker. I'm sure that virtually everybody in that area supports gay marriage, yet the drive-thru line at that place consistently backed up into the street. Has anyone ever heard of a Chick fil a closing for business reasons? I haven't.

29. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

It helps that they are individually owned. Why punish the hard working guy who helps in the community.

30. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Does everybody know that though? Furthermore, it's individually owned, but Chick fil a corporate still makes money off of them.