Dumb Political Correctness

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Mr. Deez, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

That's a pretty good summary of where we are now, tell the truth, get punished.

2. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Raise the payroll tax to a real tax, like 10% and qualify that way too (with a minimum contribution). Should be multiple ways of earning the privilege.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Make it a $500 deposit that you get back after filing your tax return.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

My idea is that everyone needs at least a little skin in the game, even if its only a small amount -- the hope being that they would pay a little more attention and care a little more.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

The 24th Amendment states that no one can be denied the right to vote in any federal election "by reason of failure to pay any poll tax or other tax." All of these proposals are out of the question.

6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Can be handled thru Tax Code "Everyone who must file must pay at least $100"

My next idea is an IQ test
    Which would also be used for rights to drive and procreate.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  7. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

The hell you say...

You CLEARLY have never had one of their delicious spicy chicken sandwiches (without pickle).

8. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Meh...call it something OTHER than a tax and make it fly. Hell, it worked (in theory) for the Obummercare nonsense since the feds got away with assessing a fee for those who didn't buy one of the crappy crap crap offerings...that got declared as something other than a tax as I recall.

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

A simple test to let you know you are on the right path

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

LH thinks it's too oppressive to require an ID to vote so he sure doesn't believe those poor minorities should be required to produce anything. That's just too hard. Now for white America it's a different story.

11. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

I am guilty in that my children go to public schools. But I don't like them. They fail on many levels education, discipline, safety. I live in the suburbs so the schools are still okay but this government and specifically Progressive propoganda is something I am keeping my eye on. My Freshman in high school told me her tranny geography teacher has already told their class she is going to vote for Bernie and made a disparaging comment about capitalism.

• poop poop x 2
  12. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Does anyone think it is ok for a teacher to politic in classrooms?

13. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

They do it all the time, and it is built into the curriculum.

14. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Screenshot_20190917-201245.png

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

I've eaten all kinds of sandwiches at Chick-fil-A. I've even eaten breakfast there. I don't hate it. As I said, it's OK. I just don't get all the hubbub about it and if there's a line, I'm moving on to someplace else.

16. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

It is built into a geography curriculum?

17. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

World geography is essentially social studies, not just about land formations. They talk about the people and cultures of places on the map.

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Is Leach here too?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Of which there are likely a few on this message board.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Good twitter thread about "Social Justice"

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Not to derail
    But SH?
    Serious question dont people who get social security pay taxes on it?
    Or on pensions from companies they retired from?

22. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

I'm one of those geezers. I have two pensions and our two Social Security checks, plus the RMDs that I must take on my IRA. I only wish I didn't have to pay income tax on those sources - but Uncle Sam gets his fair share from me. And my other retiree friends are in the same boat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Human Geo in my daughter’s 9th grade.

24. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

How Is Social Security Taxed? - NerdWallet

Apparently it is highly dependent on how much other income you make. For example delaying SS not only increases your paycheck but it decreases your taxes as you use less other income from retirement accounts. As that article shows, it’s a weird result that you can only understand if you do the worksheets by hand.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Finally something - that hopefully resembles justice - ive lost track of how many people have died in or around this guy's house -- I guess someone in the govt in that state finally said "OK, that's enough"
    Wonder if the MSM will mention this or Buck's close ties Adam Schiff and other Dems?

26. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Okay this explains it better:

Learn How to Maximize Your Social Security Benefits and Minimize Taxes

27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Ever wonder how Ed Buck managed to avoid a lengthy prison sentence for so long? Same way that Jeff Epstein did. Check out a list of politicians receiving the maximum contributions from Buck (who was just arrested for allegedly running a drug den in exchange for participation in his sexual fetishes). And you already know which political party controls all things California. Wonder if he will be on the same suicide watch Epstein was?

Ted Lieu
    Adam Schiff
    Hillary Clinton
    Barack Obama

Donor Lookup

• Like Like x 1
  28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Speaking of taxes, ~6M people are now off food stamps. This creates savings -- example, if we assume the average recipients gets $100/month, then that is $600,000,000/month less in food stamps or over $7B annually. And, if off food stamps due to entering the workforce, then they are also probably paying taxes.

It's a win-win (except for Dem politicians who desperately need persons of voting age dependent upon the Govt)

29. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

There are SOME retirement plans out there that were funded with post-tax income...that changed somewhere around 1988 or 1989 as I recall. I was working with the State when that came about...and I always had the two different lines on the ERS annual statement.

I've not asked mom what she gets taxed on but I know she has both the SSI and the pension benefits from Dad's 40 years with Exxon. She also has had to start with the RMD's although I know she has taxes pulled from those before the check is cut.

So...there may be a number who paid taxes through the year but won't have to pay more come April 15, which leads to the notion that the olds aren't paying taxes.

30. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Why can't people just follow their doctor's prescription and take the proper dose of methamphetamines?