Dumb Political Correctness

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Mr. Deez, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

" Me and Capt O say no way Jose. "

So much so NOT pc in that one little sentence JF
    Nicely done.:beertoast:

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

I was roped into seeing it. Would not go again. The innuendos and overt sexuality etc just didn't do it for me. Plus, the race bending.

It also was celebrated after the calculated Pence lecturing that every Hamilton producer and cast member were all complicit with, otherwise they would have cut that guy off. They all hare Pence, so to sit there and lecture him and dictate how he and Trump should "treat" their "community".

3. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

The politics surrounding it were no doubt inane.

4. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

5. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Thinking back to Dave Chapelle's racial draft, Alexander Hamilton is one a-hole I wouldn't mind trading away.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

good decade-end twitter thread by Dave Rubin

8. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Irony is a *itch
    BREAKING: UBC cancels Andy Ngo talk on antifa violence due to violent threats from antifa - The Post Millennial
    The Post Millennial editor-at-large Andy Ngo had his speaking event cancelled at UBC( University of British Columbia) after safety concerns due to potential violent protests from antifa groups. Ngo’s scheduled presentation, ironically titled “Understanding Antifa Violence,” was scheduled to take place on January 29 at UBC’s Robson Square in downtown Vancouver.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  9. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Andy Ngo really needs to get a CHL and carry. Then make sure anyone on his staff if he has one does the same. Then he won't have to cancel his talks.

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

And up is down
    And yes is no

[​IMG]

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I doubt they would be laughing if this portrayed Obama instead

• WTF? WTF? x 3
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

It's tough out there for comedians -- with almost everything off limits now thanks to PC and Cancel Culture
    So this is what we are left with
    The progressive laugh track think its hilarious

13. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Sorry, I'm not giving that a click.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

It's not funny

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Don't bother. I clicked it and wish I had the last 30 seconds of my life back.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I feel bad for future generations - will they be allowed to laugh at anything?

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I am guessing not a single one of you watched the Ricky Gervais Opening Monologue at the Golden Globes?
    I caught it by accident, but it was must see TV. I will post the full version when available.
    I now suspect the joke writers may be lurkers here too

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I never even thought Ricky Gervais was that funny, but this is probably the best opening awards speech ever

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

JoeFan, female comedians are rarely funny. They usually either scold people like Ilana or they talk incessantly about their vaginas. I'll pass.

20. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

I have never thought Gervais was funny either, but that... was... funny.

I disagree with his atheism. He is a bit of a cad on that note. But he is 100% against PC culture and Cultural Marxism. I am a fan of that.

• Like Like x 4
  21. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

• Like Like x 1
  22. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

They've always got white Christians.

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

They are building a world where laughter must be pre-approved by the state

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 3
  24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I loved Lucille Ball as a kid -- she was great.
    But I cant think of another that has approached Lucy's greatness.
    I was never a Carol Burnett fan but at least she wasnt constantly talking about her reproductive organs

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
  25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Once progressives are allowed to completely take over and institute state-approved laughter kontrols - this is pretty much what it will look like

27. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

That came up last night on my FireStick and I could just tell by the pic it would suck. I passed.

28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  29. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I disagree with his atheism too. However, I think atheism has some pretty fundamental inconsistencies with the modern Left (at least depending on why the person is an atheist) that will pull guys like Gervais at least in the direction of the Right. If someone is an atheist basically because he detests Christians, he'll remain on the Left, because the Left will always detest Christians.

However, some atheists become so because they took a look at the facts and evidence and reached the conclusion that God doesn't exist or at least most likely doesn't exist. They reached that conclusion after careful thought and free and unencumbered inquiry rather than just kneejerk contempt. Well, that is not consistent with modern Leftism.

Despite draping itself in "science," civil liberty, and intellectualism, the ideology (social justice radicalism, environmental alarmism, Marxist economics, etc.) always takes a front seat regardless of the evidence. That's why guys like Sam Harris, Christopher Hitchens, and even Bill Maher or Ricky Gervais once identified as staunch liberals but in more recent times broke with the modern Left. They are being told to deny what's clearly in front of their faces. For awhile, they may tolerate that, but eventually it wears thin, and that's how you get the Intellectual Dark Web people. Almost all of them are very secular, if not atheist. Most of them are liberals (with some notable exceptions). But they reject the modern Left. I think that's going to be a growing phenomenon for atheists and other secularists of good faith.

30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The only honest people left in the Left have to hide in a dark hole

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020