Dumb Political Correctness

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Mr. Deez, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I've thought about the Karen phenomenon, and I think it's dumb mainly because I don't see much of a correlation with the name. However, I can see why it sets up intersectional conflict on the Left.

A "Karen" generally negatively refers to a woman being pushy, entitled, a busybody, and frivolously calling on authorities to help her get her way. A feminist isn't going to like this, because it makes an assertive and self-centered woman look bad, but that's looking at it from only one dimension.

There are other stereotypes associated with it. Karen is white (a negative on the intersectional hierarchy), suburban (another negative), a married mother (another negative), relatively affluent (another negative), and probably doesn't have a job (a huge negative). Furthermore, she is often directing her assertiveness at ethnic minorities (who are higher on the intersectional hierarchy). So there's a lot of room for intersectional conflict.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Running out of women's names, Felicia first, now Karen.

3. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

You can call me Al

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

My wife’s name is Karen! Bye Felicia!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Will "OK Karen" replace "OK Boomer?"

6. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

^ Those 2 are clueless.

Remember Julia? Wasn't that the one shown living off the gov't cradle to grave?

7. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Who is pretending to hate Pelosi? I don't think anyone is pretending. She is a Felicia Karen.

To blame that on ice cream and appliances is ridiculous.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

"Some people had doubts, but now they're all dead"

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Gama has a feminine side
    When she isn't beheading priests.

:lmao:

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

It's not really a lie
    More like some people just cant handle the truth

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Graduation canceled...except for 'students of color' and 'LGBTQIA+' students

St. Olaf College in Minnesota plans to host three virtual graduation ceremonies for different groups of minority students, while others must wait until next year to celebrate their completion of college.

“Self-identified domestic students of color, international students and LGBTQIA+ students” at the Minnesota school will receive their own virtual graduation ceremonies at the conclusion of this year amid the COVID-19 pandemic, per an administrative email. Meanwhile, graduation for the rest of the class of 2020 has been “rescheduled for a date in late May/early June of 2021,” according to the school's website.

“This event acknowledges the value and uniqueness of students’ experience..." The three virtual graduation ceremonies for students in minority groups were announced by and will be hosted through the Taylor Center for Equity and Inclusion. This project of the school exists to help “students of color," “LBGTQIA+” and international students “celebrate” their “awesomeness factor,” per the center’s website.

Graduation canceled...except for 'students of color' and 'LGBTQIA+' students

• poop poop x 3
  13. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I don't even know what to say anymore. The division in our country couldn't be more stark. The Liberal Philosophy has adopted virtual hatred of white people as it's central pillar and load bearing wall. Yet it is white people who are pushing this hardest. Their self-loathing is a pathological form of mental self-mutilation. I disagree with it wholeheartedly.

When Obama won it was declared that we are in a post-racial society. That will never happen as long as Liberalism has legs.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Of course, he said something that pretty much every man has known to be true his entire adult life.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Of course it's true. We are surgical. We want in and we want out. Our general aversion to shopping is a fact. That's what's wrong with the world. We can no longer acknowledge the difference. It used to be, "Vive la difference." Now it's crush anyone who even thinks it.

My 16 year old daughter LOVES being a girl and freely and cheerfully laughs at her love of shopping. She sends me texts saying, "Guess who put a cart out there?!?" It's great. She say's, "Daddy, if you don't like the shopping stuff you shouldn't have had a girl." And yes, they take their time. It's not because they're idiots; it's because they are picky about what they spend their money on and their look and god love them for that. We love how they want to look good and chisel and chisel until that house becomes a home and not a cave.

JESUS H CHRIST!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
  16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

"Yes, son, we are eating Little Debbie's again tonight!"

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Our country is immoral. We are immoral. Time to start over.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Hey, I'm not a big sweets eater, but I love those Little Debbie peanut butter wafer bars. I don't let them in my house, because I'd weigh 500 pounds if I did, but they are good. I'd eat them for dinner.

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

So, Debbie did UT Dallas?

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Lol. Not when I was there. Maybe now.

21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Are we drinking again?

22. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I got a law degree, passed the Bar (my first time), practiced law for 10 years, and now I'm a full-time, unpaid kindergarten teacher. Do you think I drink? Lol.

• Funny Funny x 1
  23. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

That's what a law degree from Baylor will get you.

• Funny Funny x 3
  24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  25. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Baylor did fine. It's what making an ill-advised promise to a big-tittied blonde woman will get you. Lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  26. Sangre Naranjada

I can only assume you are describing Mrs. Deez and your wedding vows.

27. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Not exactly. Soon after we got married in 2008, Mrs. Deez interviewed for a job in Bitburg, Germany. I said hell no and made her withdraw her application, but to get her to simmer down, I promised to take her to Germany during spring break one year. We went in 2010, and we loved it more than either of us expected. We went to Italy the following year and loved that.

She wanted to apply with the agency again. I told her that if she was offered a position in Europe, I'd go. I had no expectation that she'd be offered Europe. Virtually no teachers get offered Europe from the start. They usually get offered Japan or Korea and transfer to Europe a few years later, and neither of us were willing to move for that. So I thought I was making some grandiose promise I wouldn't have to keep.

Well, she got offered Europe in the summer of 2011, which shocked the hell out of both of us. I kept my promise, and the rest was history.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Sangre Naranjada

Cool story. I need to visit Germany some day, preferably in wine country along the Mosel River.. I already know I love northern Italy.

29. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

The Twin Cities are the most liberal cities west of New York and East of San Francisco. I remember when that Al Gore envioroment movie came out, I was living in Minneapolis at the time. You would have thought they just released Gone with the Wind. there were lines to see that crap.

My first thought was advise my dad gave me when I was in college. Never fall in love with a stripper, they are fun to play with but if you fall in love and marry one, you are in for a world of pain and suffering.

30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I get it, I spent a little time there.

The one thing I will never forget from those people was the Paul Wellstone funeral, which they turned into a political rally. It was one of the grossest displays of crassness I have ever seen. But they were happy with themselves.