Dumb Political Correctness

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Mr. Deez, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I dont see how the woke crowd can square their love of Jordan with his decidedly non-woke attitude
    But maybe this is one of the joys of being woke? Nothing has to actually make sense

[​IMG]

2. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Michael Jordan is a true American. He has conservative values regardless of what Letter he would vote for. Hard work. No excuses. Calling everyone to a higher standard. Honest.

I hated Jordan back in the day because I was a Mavericks fan. But Jordan is the greatest of all time, maybe of any sport, but definitely in basketball. I would vote for Jordan if he ever wanted to be President because I know he wants to be the BEST and he knows the cost of greatness. Jordan 2024 or 2028?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Mona
    I was a longtime LOYAL Mavs season ticket holder. One time when the Bulls were in town I and the 10 yo son of a client talked ourselves into the Bulls practice session. We sat down on the floor. The kid had a door sized poster of MJ that he got signed. Highlight of the kid's childhood.
    One wealthy fan paid one of MJ's charities to let his son play MJ.
    So here is the little blonde kid dribbling between MJ's legs and heaving the ball toward the basket.
    But the best part and where I became a huge Jordan fan is after practice. Michael hung around and walked up into the stands to talk to and shake the hands of all the workers cleaning the arena.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

the NYT = BBQ nazis

[​IMG]

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
    Last edited: May 21, 2020
  6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Racial justice??? Pretty much every black man I've ever known in my life was borderline religious about barbecue. Yeah, it's a racial stereotype, but it became that because it's largely true. Tell those dudes that they should be putting Tofu in their smokers or grilling black bean burgers and see how they react. It won't be pretty.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The 1960s was apparently a desert for art
    The floor mat is just as good as anything on the wall (or maybe that's not a floor mat?)

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

The people who like this kind of "art" are the same people who have a problem with the classic architecture order for new federal buildings.

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

That first "installment" on the left looks like a wine rack from Ikea painted white
    But, even still, it may yet be better than the roundish white blob with no frame on the wall to the right

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

A wine rack from Ikea was my very first thought when I saw it.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Are the floor mats, floor mats?

13. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

They could be wall rotation displays.

14. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Wonder how much they paid for that"art"?
    To paraphrase Justice Stewart(?)
    I can't define art but I know bs art when I see it
    That is bs art

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Post-modernism killed the beauty of art. The artist is deconstructing art like Cultural Marxists deconstruct everything. Intellectuals usually start with art and then go to music and they end up doing it to families and gender.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

Well all I know is rare art is a good investment. That is likely why people pay $5M plus at auctions. Keep the turnover going. I invest in it. But always pick paintings where I know what it’s supposed to be.
    Masterworks is SEC approved. I haven’t seen anything out there post modern as an offering to invest in. Masterworks.com. Check them out.

17. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

BTW, it’s a shared offering you can buy 5% of a painting heck maybe less. Anyone can invest in rare art. Beats the stock market!

18. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

I had never heard about that, owning parts of art. Do you get to have it in your house a couple of weeks a year?

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

No but they run a Gallery in NYC so you can go see the piece you own a fraction of. I’m getting good returns. I’m big on un-correlated assets.
    The stock market seems detached from what’s going on in the economy. I see a big crash coming, so I am out!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Yep. I visited the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam 7 years ago. It's one of the most famous art museums in the world - so much beautiful work in one place. But of course, they also had a section for postmodern art, and the contrast is astounding. You look at about 1000 years of beautiful art and then look at about 60 years of crap.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

So long as we have a lot of pretentious douches in big cities willing to pay a lot of money for it, art will be a good investment.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  22. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

I went to the site and it is described as a “Christian marketing and fundraising” thing ... could it be a different site you’re referring to?

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Soap opera actress
    Wonder what should would do if her power went out?
    [​IMG]

24. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

Masterworks.io
    Sorry about that.

25. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Lol, I'm willing to bet she is a big fat girl.

• Funny Funny x 1
  26. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I don't get this. The Supremes are allowing a trans prison inmate in Iaho to get surgery at taxpayers expense while the lawsuit goes through the courts.
    "
    Gov. Brad Little (R) had appealed to the Supreme Court in early May to overturn the decision of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit that ordered state taxpayer dollars to pay for the gender surgery of Mason Edmo, a 32-year-old man who is serving a sentence for sexual assault of a 15-year-old boy in 2011.

The state also asked for a hold on the Ninth Circuit’s order requiring the surgery at the state’s expense to move forward pending the appeal.

“The Ninth Circuit’s decision goes against the text and original meaning of the Eighth Amendment and contradicts more than four decades of Supreme Court precedent,” Little said when he announced filing the appeal to the high Court. “We will vigorously litigate the Ninth Circuit’s unprecedented ruling at the Supreme Court because the taxpayers of Idaho should not have to pay for a procedure that is not medically necessary.”

Kagan gave the order denying the request for a stay.
    So the sick dude gets his surgery no matter how the case turns out?
    How can this be?
    ttps://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/05/26/supreme-court-allows-trans-prisoners-gender-surgery-to-move-ahead-as-lawsuit-continues/

27. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

So long as the medical profession buys into this stuff, we're going to lose these cases. It really is that simple.

28. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

But MrD
    The case has not been won or lost. Kagan just ok'd the surgery.

29. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Well, they declined to stay there 9th Circuit's order. The case may not literally be over, but the fact that the Court wouldn't impose a stay should give you an idea of where the justices likely are on the matter. They're not interested in stopping this sort of thing.

30. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

But in the meantime the sick dude gets his free surgery right?