Dumb Political Correctness

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Mr. Deez, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

It's not okay, but it should be another red pill.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

3. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

The kindergartens curriculum so she could review what is being taught. She is looking for critical race propaganda being integrated into the lesson plans.

4. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Is that a summary of what she requested, or is that literally what she requested? Since the curriculum is public record, my guess is that she asked for something more intrusive.

5. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Well $hit, she should be sued then. Peasants don't get to question their lords.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I'm not saying she should be sued. I'm saying I don't have enough facts to judge.

7. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Ok. What could the woman possibly request that would justify a law suit?

Maybe she got angry with the teacher's union and yelled at them. Does that support a law suit?

8. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I can't see the whole thing, but it looks like they're asking for declaratory and injunctive relief, not money damages. I suspect that they're going to argue that the request is overbroad in some way.

As for what she could "possibly request that would justify a lawsuit" (you make it sound like they pulled a gun and shot at her), she could be asking for confidential personnel records. She could be asking for confidential records related to another student. In short, she could be asking for anything that the Rhode Island open records act says is exempt from disclosure. Virtually all open records acts have limitations on them. I highly doubt that she only asked about the curriculum, which wouldn't warrant an open records request in the first place. A simple Google search would likely suffice if that's all she wanted.

I'm not taking the union's side. I'm just saying that there's almost surely more to this story, and we shouldn't judge it so easily.

• Like Like x 1
  9. NJlonghorn

NJlonghorn 2,500+ Posts

You are 100% right, @Mr. Deez. As with most things from both sides of the aisle, the partisan headlines don't match the truth.

The Complaint (link) argues that many of the requested records are protected from disclosure, and that other of the requested records are subject to disclosure but contain confidential material that should be redacted. The main topic the NEA is seeking to shield is complaints lodged against individual teachers and disciplinary action taken in response to those complaints. There are some other issues as well, but none of them relate to the curriculum in any way, shape, or form.

The primary defendants in the lawsuit are the school board and the interim superintendent. The only relief sought is injunctive -- prohibiting the district from producing certain records and requiring redaction of other records before they are produced. No relief is sought against the parents. They are named only because they could potentially be impacted by whatever relief is entered against the school district.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

But it's so much more fun to just read the headline and get mad.

11. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Right wing media can sometimes be as deceptive as the MSM is. The coronavirus hysteria from the leftist media has been hilarious but some of the coronavirus info from right wing news has been bad as well.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

This article is about a pretty narrow issue, but it says a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  13. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

This reminds me of the anger my kids gave me after they grew up that we did not declare them 'hispanic' to take advantage of financial aid programs (wife is hispanic). But answer is we never really thought about it. Maybe a few had a touch more melanin but otherwise they were as white causation as dear old dad. Tough s*** I thought, but never said.

• Like Like x 1
  14. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

A15461A0-4F79-4863-9D95-617E6BFE1C87.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Damn, we live in stupid times. Link. I wonder if the cops will put this on their cars in the heavily Muslim areas of the UK. I'll bet not.

• WTF? WTF? x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  17. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Just when you think the UK cannot possibly do something dumber...here comes another jurisdiction to say 'hold my pint.'

• Funny Funny x 4
  18. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Gonna get some neg feedback but my reaction is :puke: :facepalm:

• Like Like x 2
  19. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 7
  20. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

I’m warming to the idea of defund the police….

• Funny Funny x 1
  21. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  22. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Don't let your kid post anything on Twitter that might offend the woke at any point in the future.

• WTF? WTF? x 3
  23. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

I'd vote for him just for having that Afro! How'd he go to sleep with that thing on his head - would be like trying use a basketball as a pillow.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I've always been pro-Afro and generally favorable to the "black is beautiful" mentality even if I'm generally hostile to the modern woke attitudes on race. I think it's ridiculous that before the '70s black people felt pressure to spend money and go to a lot of trouble to straighten their hair because "looking black" was considered ugly. Not only was it not true, but it undoubtedly hurt their self-confidence. And of course, it's harder to be self-reliant if you don't have self-confidence.

God made them to look the way they looked. No reason not to be proud of that and to celebrate it by rockin' the 'fro.

• Like Like x 1
  25. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

It is questionable whether or not the rule was even written at the time of the "offense", and he doesn't appear that he was a member of the league at that time.

This penalty is akin to penalizing an NFL player for a head slap during a junior high game when that action was legal, but is now an illegal hands to the face infraction.

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

You're applying what are ultimately concepts of due process - not imposing rules on an ex post facto basis, not trying to ruin adults for things they did as children, not trying to ruin people for stuff that's almost a decade old (basically a cultural limitations period), etc.

The Twitter snitches who troll for "offenders" to rat out to the social media Gestapo don't respect those concepts. In fact, they detest them, because they are limiting principles. What this sort of thing really constitutes is a social and cultural show of force to demonstrate how broad and comprehensive their power really is to intimidate people. If you depart from woke orthodoxy, they're going to exercise that power over you - even if you're black and even if you were a kid.

I think Bola's race has something to do with this. Blacks are usually liberal on racial issues, but large numbers of them think that the gender and sexuality crap is ********. They want to stomp that out and tell those "colored folk" to shut up and stop trying to think. The same **** happens when you see a prominent black artist come out as a conservative or even just show tolerance to a conservative. (It's like when Chance the Rapper, who's a liberal Democrat took a bunch of **** just for saying "black people don't have to be Democrats." He had the audacity to say black people should be allowed to have opinions of their own, and that was considered a great offense.)

This story is disturbing, but ultimately, we're talking about a guy getting into trouble with a football league. It's not the end of the world. What really frightens me is that this same kind of crap is being subject to criminal action in Scotland under their ridiculous hate crime law. People are getting fined and thrown in the slammer for saying stuff on Twitter. You can't call yourself a free country and do things like that. And of course, this is why the EU has no credibility when it self-righteously attacks Hungary or Poland. (Some of the criticisms are fair; many are not.) They've got a member state completely taking a dump on the right of free speech, and the hacks at the EU have nothing to say about it.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
  27. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Deez the social media mob is a reflection of Maoist struggle sessions. It was a way to keep pushing the movement by punishing those who weren't keeping up with the new orthodoxy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Is the New York Times starting to crack a little on gender ideology? It ran a generally favorable review of a book that is hostile to it. Link.

Hope this writer doesn't get canned.

29. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

Since adults can't use common sense when dealing with minors' comments from years ago, it almost seems as though social media should be regulated like tobacco. No one under the age of 18 is allowed to use it and a surgeon general's warning printed all over the place: "Anything you post here will likely remain public for many years and can be used against you by your current or future employers." :brickwall:

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  30. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

n64
    There is some sense to reminding people before they post in social media
    But I think the people who would benefit from it would not pay attention to a warning

• Agree Agree x 2