Dumb Political Correctness

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Mr. Deez, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Mrs. Deez came across this. And you've been outed, @OUBubba .

IMG-20211013-WA0004.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
    • poop poop x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

I saw a report this morning that a Seattle school is doing away with their Halloween parade and festivities because it somehow discriminates against Black kids, apparently because they CHOOSE not to participate. Instead, the school is doing an "equity" festival...

The left is trying to destroy ANY remaining vestige of childhood fun.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

You beat me to it...

Seattle school cancels Halloween parade because it 'marginalizes students of color'

This is Liberalism and anyone who calls themselves a Liberal actually thinks like that. It's just a matter of degree. These are not Democrats. They are mental. And they will never change; instead they will continue to do things like this.

From the article:

"David Malkin, whose 7-year-old son attends B.F. Day, called the decision an "exercise in affluent White vanity that is wokeism."

"I don't see any way in which this actually addresses any inequities to the extent that there are any inequities," Malkin told Rantz on his show Monday. "You know, this just seems like grandstanding on behalf of the principal and the staff who are predominantly White."

Malkin, who is Asian, said parents weren't involved in the decision.

"I'm sure they don't want to hear from anyone of any race or ethnicity that doesn't really want to go along with them in lockstep," he said."

4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

For the left, racial equality is actually revenge on whitey. Politics of envy and resentment. Communism has morphed into cultural Marxism. Make everyone equal by making everyone poorer.

5. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Case in point:

• poop poop x 4
  6. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

That's it exactly.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Seems that as many of us in here predicted those idiotic bathroom rules about transgender allowance have come true in Va. A father has made the claim at a school board meeting of his daughter being raped. Of course he was hustled out of the meeting.

8. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Caught the tail end of his interview on fox. He's still distressed over his daughter being raped at school. I think we all can agree the anguish and deep anger inside of him is warranted and understandable. The school board /admin turned their back on him and treated him (and daughter) as a non entity

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

AMEN

• Like Like x 1
  10. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Abolish public schools. We can create coops to hire teachers directly. They can meet in homes educators can buy/rent ex-public school buildings. End the Communist take over.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

I think you'd have the same issues in the same parts of the country this is currently taking place. West coast teachers aren't of the same cut of cloth Midwest teachers are.

Town halls and such are working. See Southlake and Wylie. Parents stepping in and correcting the racial divide that certain teachers preached. That's the way it should be.

In Oregon, and some parts of CA, WA same thing in reverse. Lot of parents are either riddled with white guilt or don't give a **** if their kids heads are filled with social engineering for 5 hrs a day. It's a waste, but it's accepted there

12. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

13. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Of course. If the people want CRT taught to their children then it will happen and the government schools are more than willing to comply.

But I think any gains in public schools in conservative areas will be incomplete and temporary. You have to take out the root or it will grow back. You either have to abolish the public schools or outlaw teaching Marxist ideology as truth. Most people don't want CRT taught but aren't willing to do what it will take to end this menace.

14. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

@Seattle Husker & @OUBubba

This is why Liberalism must be crushed at the polls. Absolutely buried into the ashbin of history.

DC prep school students face expulsion for 'single expression, act, or gesture' deemed offensive

"Students at one of the most prestigious college preparatory schools in the United States could reportedly risk expulsion for single instances of speech someone deems offensive.

St. Albans School in Washington, D.C., is circulating an "anti-bias" draft policy among its administrators regarding potential punishment for "hate speech," according to documents obtained by the Washington Free Beacon.

"It is the impact of hate speech, rather than the intent of those perpetrating it, that is of utmost importance," the draft policy says, adding that boys could face expulsion "even in the case of a single expression, act, or gesture."

According to the draft policy, offenses can include "misplaced humor," and such infractions "should be reported immediately to the student’s adviser" by students, teachers or parents.

"We also expect that anyone, whether student, faculty, staff, or family member, who witnesses, or has knowledge of an incident of hate speech, will report the incident to the appropriate individual," it reads."

This is an absolute cancer that is metastasizing through-out our country. It is SICKENING. These people are beyond obsessed. They are weaponizing totalitarianism.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
  15. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I'm not surprised. My dad went to St. Albans (was a classmate of Al Gore's). It's loaded with very wealthy, politically connected families. It's going to be a cesspool of self-flagellating white people with money. (My dad got in on choir scholarship.)

16. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Crazy stuff man... small world too.

17. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  18. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Again, if you don't buy into woke ideology on race, you can't be a credible climate scientist. This is how science gets corrupted and ultimately how we get dumber.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • poop poop x 1
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
  19. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

I had seen that on Twitter. This is exactly how we devolve as a society, and we are currently down the hill a bit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

21. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

You're not allowed to speak harsh truths anymore.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

My feeling is that Dave will be defended by Republicans. Heavy irony eh?

Liberals will eat there own. They are far beyond the pale. Dave is a very talented guy who has some balance in his head; he's not a Liberal. He's a Democrat. But Liberals have taken over and they are vicious in their pretense of all that is kind and good. They are not kind and good. It is a false empathy. It is about their own mental hang-ups and OCD. They mask it with their attempts to champion diversity and equality. It's all about themselves.

It's so obvious to me.

• Like Like x 1
  23. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Chappelle marches to the beat of his own drummer. Remember that he walked away from Comedy Central at the height of the show's popularity.

He is smart enough to recognize flaws ALL around him and he skewers those who need to be skewered. He was not wrong with the skit about how to act around the police. He isn't wrong about a demographic that claims most-oppressed status but seems to have a major company bending a knee because of a half-dozen employees with hurt fee-fees.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

Ted's screw up was that he didn't list all the Netflix comedies that mock Jews, small town folks, Christians, etc to say 'If stuff on here hurts people in the real word, why haven't you protested these?'

• Agree Agree x 3
  25. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

This is funny and sad at the same time. The guy is funny. What's sad is that a bunch of supposedly mature professionals and adults are freaking out about something so inconsequential and stupid and think they're righteous and moral for it.

• WTF? WTF? x 2
  26. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I like Dave. He's both funny and insightful. Like many of us (me included), he's not fully understanding of the trans thing. To me, his issue is that he spent so much time on such an issue. He doesn't take feedback/pushback well. Someone in a position like him should just say "thanks for the input" and move along.

27. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

It's the other way or equally both ways. The protesters are not fully understanding the comedy thing. To summarize myself from a few posts ago, Netflix comedies mock groups of people so protest them all or none.

• Winner Winner x 2
  28. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I've never had any problems with the guy. My point is always the same; the cancel culture must destroy anyone and everyone equally or HOPEFULLY, go away. We've gone WAY past a reasonable plea for kindness to a totalitarian fascist mode and it's coming from the Left. The right is not immune either from initiating these sort of attacks.

The absolute statements of judgment, such as "believe the victim," without due process of some sort (in the public arena the standard is obviously not that high) along with the venomous zero tolerance are a cancer to our world.

I've always felt we should focus in general on kindness and bullying. We don't have to ram certain cultures or other self-image identity groups down people's throats. For children, we should focus on how we treat others and not the aggressive programs we are seeing (CRT, gender identity). Be nice... police actions that are harmful without drilling down to extreme definitions of micro-aggressions.

What we've done is normalize everyone's OCD.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
  29. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Nobody fully understands it because it's completely illogical and absurd. The idea that society should reorder itself to ratify and endorse a small number of people's delusions is ridiculous. If a guy wants to wear a dress and call himself a girl, that's fine. He can wear and call himself what he wants. However, when he tells society, "I am a girl and expect you to treat me like a girl on all legal and cultural standpoints," that's when we get into crazy town. Sane people understand why that's absurd. Dave is a sane person. The Netflix employees are kooks.

No, he hasn't. The guy has been in the comedy business for over 25 years. Most of that was racial humor usually (though not always) from a liberal perspective. He has done a couple of stand-up performances in the last couple of years in which he shares his opinion on this issue. It's a tiny percentage of his work, but the sanctimonious goofballs can't agree to disagree.

Do you honestly think that if Chappelle did what you suggest that the woke crowd would just let it go and let him keep on with his act? No chance in hell. They'd keep shitting their pants until Netflix dropped him.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  30. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I'm not saying this to make you feel bad or anything. I consider you to be very rational and a good guy; probably a great beer drinking buddy. BUT...

I was pretty much like you. But guess what? I got married last year and my wife's son has come out as a transgender woman. So has the son of my wife's best friend. It's unbelievable how this all happened to two people that came into my life in 2019. They are blown away by this and are frantically trying to figure out how to act. Her son is going all out other than surgery. She (that's how we refer to her now) has changed her name, taken hormones and done other things to transition over to being a girl. But it's a tom-boy type thing and not very flamboyant at all. Everyone in the family has been alerted during one on one sessions that my wife had to conduct. It was VERY DIFFICULT for her; tears and all. She is Catholic and a Republican. But she loves her child (she's 25). My wife is sad that she never saw the signs but her child (it's hard to say her daughter) doesn't blame her because it was internalized for all these years. My wife told me about two weeks after we started dating. I've known my wife since 1975 so we go way back and it was a comfort to her to talk to me. I told her it had no bearing on how I felt about her. I had some initial thoughts about it; will her child be an activist? Flamboyant? Will we be out in public attracting attention? Etc... none of this has transpired. We just go with it and try to act normal. I'm used to it now. But it's easy for me since I met her child in this state of mind. But my wife's family must have some inner turmoil as they've known her (child) all her life. And now he is a she. They don't talk about it with me though I'm fairly well in the inner circle. I don't think they talk about it much with each other either. Everyone is just trying to manage my wife's feelings and be progressive with it.

My poor wife; her husband died of cancer in 2014 (he went to his grave not knowing his son was trans), her son goes trans and now I have leukemia. She is one tough but extremely loving lady. I'm sad for her.

Say a prayer.

• Like Like x 5